Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,636 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Oil Mill Market Port-harcourt - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oil Mill Market Port-harcourt (3130 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Mill Market Port-harcourt by dgamechanger: 8:17am On Sep 15, 2013
MY OIL MILL MARKET EXPERIENCE...
I was keen on visiting the oil mill market in port-harcourt city, I really heard a lot about oil mill market even in history books. Knowing fully well that I am not the type of person who would just hear about something and leave it unexplored, I decided to check it out for myself! and this was my experience in oil mill market port-harcourt.

The first thing you must know about this unique market is that it is a very big and busy market... I know when I said that you must have thought "oh well all markets are busy" but I can assure you that this one is different. Its so busy because the goods that are sold are straight from the farm. The fresh and relatively affordable goods attract people in large numbers, the market opens only on Wednesdays so people rush to buy and sell supplies the traffic jam that this market causes, affects the road that connects Aba! to Rivers state. 'Eleme' road in particular stays blocked after the market closes. A certain market woman told me that the road stays blocked till mid night! Crazy right?
Honestly the market is big! I walked and walked in the market
pricing things and generally getting into the 'higgle haggle' spirit.
The sun was burning hot but I had no choice than to bear it because the market was very congested.

I was fascinated by the size and beautiful red color of the freshly harvested tomatoes and peppers it was all so exciting!

read more about the oil market experience with more pix http://inehsjournal..com

(1) (Reply)

Girls Caught On Camera Smoking Shisha / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes / Ndi Igbo Ebem Is There Any Difference Between Igwe And Eze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.