Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? (4339 Views)

Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. / 100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an / Baby Born With The Holy Qur'an In A White Garment Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2013
I created a thread outlining some of the Holy bible's many contradictions, and errors. The thread went on to ran a course of six pages, but that wasn't the high point. The real high point was that no single Christian was able to refute those contradictions, in fact, they became very scarce. This phenomenon, left me with no choice but to reach the conclusion that Christianity is very false indeed.

Now, to the present, the origin of the creation of this topic stems from a challenge by a certain Nairalander Muslim dareabiola98 that boasted that the Quran is beyond reproach and dared me to post a similar topic against it. You don't have to take my word for it, here is what he said;

dareabiola98: That's hipocrisy!!!!....just bring the contradiction now....If there's a deen/scripture that has no flaw in it...its the Qur'an.

As I'm never one to back away from a challenge, I complied.

So without further ado, I present;

[size=16pt]Contradictions, Inconsistencies and Errors In The Holy Qur'an.[/size]

Numerical contradictions

There are many numerical`contradictions in the Quran. Can God`make so much error in doing simple calculations? How many days did it take to create Heavens and Earth?

Quran 7: 54 Your gurdian-Lord is Allah who created the heavens and earth in Six Days.

Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days

The above verses clearly state that God created the heaven and Allah created the heaven and the Earth in 6 days.

But the verses below stated;

Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and...

Now do the math: 2(for earth) + 4(for nourishment) + 2 (for heavens) = 8 days; and not 6 days.

Creation of the Heaven and Earth

Which one was created first? As you will see in the verses below, Allah at one time says that Earth was created first and another time he says that the Heaven was created first.

Quran 2: 29 It is He who hath created for you all things that are on Earth;THEN He turned to the Heaven and made them into seven firmaments (Skies)…

The contradiction

Quran 79: 27 - 30 Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He
built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; and He has made dark the
night thereof, and He brought forth the morning thereof. And after that, He spread the earth

Now, does it match modern science? Do you believe that, Earth was created first, after that, God created Heaven?

I will be right back with more...

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2013
I hope someone with deepinsight can explain these.

On second thought,

A ban you will get @OP and nothing will happen. I will advice you gently take this thread down before Mac logs in otherwise you will only rant as you serve your 5days ban for posting something considered as offensive.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2013
Why Allah Created Stars!

Quran gives us further scientific knowledge by telling us that the stars were created by Allah as missiles to throw at the devils:

Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with
lamps, and We have made such missiles to drive away Satans…

Quran 37: 6-8 We have indeed
decorated the lower heaven (sky) with
beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

Thus, the stars are nothing but missiles to throw at devils so that they may not eavesdrop on the heavenly council. Once again we find how Allah was high on his superstitious weirdness.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 10:47am On Sep 15, 2013
Is Sky/Heaven A ROOF or Canopy Over the Earth?

Quran 21: 32 And We have made the
sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents.

Quran 31: 10 He hath created the
heavens (Skies) without supports (pillars) that ye can see, and hath cast into the earth firm Mountains/Hills, so that it quake not with you; and He hath dispersed…

Modern science tells us the whole thing
around the earth is space and there is no boundary even if we go Billions of light years away in all directions.

Questions are: When there is no sky above us then how in the world, it needs pillars for support? Do we really have a roof above us? Is there a canopy above the Earth? Are mountains there to prevent Earth from shaking?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2013
This is garbage!!

i. Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
ii Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days?

Quran 41: 10 He set on the (earth) Mountains standing firm high above it, and bestowed blessing on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in FOUR DAYS…

Quran 41: 12 So He completed them (heavens) as seven firmaments in Two days and...

A quick solution

How did you come about a summation magic here?

The earth was made in two periods, the heavens in two periods and the other things in four periods. Do you realise that some of these things could be happening concurrently?

Everything was done in six periods. That is the bottom line. The individual periods of individual creation does not automatically translate to a summation.

Let me give you an elementary example to assist your simplicity. Assume i had a carpentary shop.

i. I finished the table and chair in two days

i. I finished the chair in one day and the table in two days.

These two statements can only contradict if they occurred in different days. And yes my carpentary shop can finish both items in two days.

This is not rocket science, simple english will do.

8 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 10:57am On Sep 15, 2013
Creation of the Heaven and Earth

Which one was created first? As you will see in the verses below, Allah at one time says that Earth was created first and another time he says that the Heaven was created first.

Quran 2: 29 It is He who hath created for you all things that are on Earth;THEN He turned to the Heaven and made them into seven firmaments (Skies)…

The contradiction

Quran 79: 27 - 30 Are you the harder to create, or is the heaven that He
built? He raised the height thereof and ordered it; and He has made dark the
night thereof, and He brought forth the morning thereof. And after that, He spread the earth

Ehmm... What contradiction??

Simple english lesson

Verse 1- He turned to the heavens, suggesting it already exists... You do not turn to something that does not exist. According to the Quran, The lowest heavens is adorned by stars. Human knowledge has not even gone beyond the first heaven so what are you talkin of modern science?

Again simple english will help you a great deal

5 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with

beauty (in) the stars, (for beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious Satans. So they should not strain their ears in the direction of the Exalted Assembly but be cast away from every side.

As far as i know Jinns are unseen, Stars move at incredible speeds and release things like cosmic rays etc... We can not see this stuff so there is no case for 'scientific studies' here. It is a matter of faith.

3 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:03am On Sep 15, 2013
Does Sun Rotate Around the Earth?

Quran 31: 29 Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; That He has subjected the sun and moon (to His law), each running its course for a term (time) appointed.[/i]

Quran 21: 33 It is He who created The
Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course.

Ayats mentioned above could be found over and over again and again almost in every pages of Quran.

Because, Allah standing in the open Arab desert saw very well that, every morning SUN is rising from the East and gradually (appointed time or fixed time) setting to the West, and as a result, day and night follows. Allah truly mentioned this wrong knowledge (sun moving) of pre-historic people.

Every time Allah mentioned Sun & Moon, He mentioned day & night, as if it is due to sun’s movement day and night follows. But surprisingly, all the hypocrite Mullahs giving false credit to Allah by saying: look Quran told about sun’s movement 1400 years ago which modern science only found out now. In real world, sun takes 225 millions of years to make just one complete circle through the solar Universe.

And obviously this movement of sun has
nothing to do with DAY & NIGHT of the earth. Actually, Sun is stationary in relation to the Earth, because the Earth is stuck to the giant gravitation force of the Sun, and the Earth also moves along with the Sun wherever it goes, just the way we are stuck to the Earth’s gravitation force and do not feel its movement at all.

Why then, Allah was telling the Sun’s movement again and again. I have
already mentioned above, why Allah was hysteric about the Sun’s movements. Now dishonest Mullahs are claiming science here. I wonder, why Allah has to mentioned about the Sun’s 225 millions year journey (which is even unimaginable to mankind) to tell about day and night?

What relation Sun’s movement has with the day and night?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 11:04am On Sep 15, 2013
Is Sky/Heaven A ROOF or Canopy Over the Earth?

heavens (Skies) without supports (pillars) that ye can see, and hath cast into the earth firm Mountains/Hills, so that it quake not with you; and He hath dispersed…

What do you call the Ozone layer? Does it not provide protection from the rays of the Sun??

Simple arabic lessson..

The word 'samaa' translated as sky simply means "All that is above'...

This is pretty simple even for you.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by tbaba1234: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2013
Why are you copying from an anti Islam site?? How many are you going to copy? I do not have the time to waste here.

Read the Quran for yourself.

Signing out....

3 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:19am On Sep 15, 2013
tbaba1234: Why are you copying from an anti Islam site?? How many are you going to copy? I do not have the time to waste here.

Read the Quran for yourself.

Signing out....

The typical Muslim excuse!

Forget for a moment that it was an anti-Islamic site and really focus your mind on the logic of the arguments. If you think their claims were wrong, then prove it by refuting all of it, instead of pleading anti-Islamic site all the time.

The way I see it, I'm helping you in a way by bringing this claims out in the open, so it can be treated and clarified.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2013
tbaba1234: Is Sky/Heaven A ROOF or Canopy Over the Earth?

What do you call the Ozone layer? Does it not provide protection from the rays of the Sun??

Simple arabic lessson..

The word 'samaa' translated as sky simply means "All that is above'...

This is pretty simple even for you.

And how did the above explained the below??

Questions are: When there is no sky above us then how in the world, it needs pillars for support? Do we really have a roof above us? Is there a canopy above the Earth? Are mountains there to prevent Earth from shaking?

Or am I missing something?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:30am On Sep 15, 2013
tbaba1234: This is garbage!!

i. Quran 10: 3 Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and earth in Six Days
ii Quran 41: 9 Is it that ye deny Him who created the earth in Two Days?

A quick solution

How did you come about a summation magic here?

The earth was made in two periods, the heavens in two periods and the other things in four periods. Do you realise that some of these things could be happening concurrently?

Everything was done in six periods. That is the bottom line. The individual periods of individual creation does not automatically translate to a summation.

Let me give you an elementary example to assist your simplicity. Assume i had a carpentary shop.

i. I finished the table and chair in two days

i. I finished the chair in one day and the table in two days.

These two statements can only contradict if they occurred in different days. And yes my carpentary shop can finish both items in two days.

This is not rocket science, simple english will do.

Are you now equating your carpentry prowess with the confusions in those verses?

What's your point, really?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2013
tbaba1234: Quran 67: 5 And We have (from of old) adorned the lowest heaven (sky) with

As far as i know Jinns are unseen, Stars move at incredible speeds and release things like cosmic rays etc... We can not see this stuff so there is no case for 'scientific studies' here. It is a matter of faith.

Again, a shot in the dark.

According to science, stars don't move, and even if they do, it's an exceedingly slow process. It's their rays that travel at an 'incredible speed' not the stars themselves. And how does this explain the scientific Error in those verses anyway?
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by lanrexlan(m): 11:38am On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue: Does Sun Rotate Around the Earth?

Quran 31: 29 Seest thou not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; That He has subjected the sun and moon (to His law), each running its course for a term (time) appointed.[/i]

Quran 21: 33 It is He who created The
Night and Day, And the Sun and Moon; each of them Swim (float) along in its own course.

Ayats mentioned above could be found over and over again and again almost in every pages of Quran.

Because, Allah standing in the open Arab desert saw very well that, every morning SUN is rising from the East and gradually (appointed time or fixed time) setting to the West, and as a result, day and night follows. Allah truly mentioned this wrong knowledge (sun moving) of pre-historic people.

Every time Allah mentioned Sun & Moon, He mentioned day & night, as if it is due to sun’s movement day and night follows. But surprisingly, all the hypocrite Mullahs giving false credit to Allah by saying: look Quran told about sun’s movement 1400 years ago which modern science only found out now. In real world, sun takes 225 millions of years to make just one complete circle through the solar Universe.

And obviously this movement of sun has
nothing to do with DAY & NIGHT of the earth. Actually, Sun is stationary in relation to the Earth, because the Earth is stuck to the giant gravitation force of the Sun, and the Earth also moves along with the Sun wherever it goes, just the way we are stuck to the Earth’s gravitation force and do not feel its movement at all.

Why then, Allah was telling the Sun’s movement again and again. I have
already mentioned above, why Allah was hysteric about the Sun’s movements. Now dishonest Mullahs are claiming science here. I wonder, why Allah has to mentioned about the Sun’s 225 millions year journey (which is even unimaginable to mankind) to tell about day and night?

What relation Sun’s movement has with the day and night?
Nowhere in the Quran does it says the sun rotates around the earth.
The arabic word used in both verses you quoted is YASBAHUN and it means the motion of a body.If this word is used for a body in a water,it doesn't mean the body is running,it means the body is swimming.Similarly when the word YASBAHUN is used for a celestial body,it doesn't mean the body is floating it simply means it's rotating along its axis with its own motion.
And today science tells us that apart from the sun revolving,it also rotates on its axis

Does the Sun rotate? Are we seeing the same face of the Sun all the time?
The Answer Yes,the Sun does rotate.We can observe this by observing sunspots.All sunspots move across the face of the Sun. This motion is part of the general rotation of the Sun on its axis.
Observations also indicate that the Sun does not rotate as a solid body, but it spins differentially. That means that it rotates faster at the equator of the Sun and slower at its poles. (The gas giants Jupiter and Saturn also have differential rotation.) The movements of the sunspots indicate that the Sun rotates once every 27 days at the equator,but only once in 31 days at the poles.
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970108a.html

4 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by golpen(m): 2:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Are you now equating your carpentry prowess with the confusions in those verses?

The point is his carpentry prowess is an illustration to the fact that all those verse you quoted still boils down to the facet that everything was within six days(periods).

1. The heavens and the earth was made in six days (periods). 10:3

2. The earth in two days (period). 41:9

3. Within four days(periods), HE had the earth, mountains, nourishment, blessings and all. 41:10

4. HE completed them (heavens), in two days(periods)

Summation of all makes six(6) days(periods)...thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by golpen(m): 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
lanrexlan: Nowhere in the Quran does it says the sun rotates around the earth.

Quran 36: 40 It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night
outstrip the day. They float each in an
orbit.

The bold hinted on the possibility. According to the verse, Sun moves in a orbit, and since the moon, orbits around earth, one would then naturally assume that the Sun does the same, since the verse said "they float each in an orbit" translated in plain English as "they each move in their respective orbits" Scientifically it's incorrect. Sun doesn't orbit.

It rotates, but doesn't orbit.

lanrexlan: The arabic word used in both verses you quoted is YASBAHUN and it means the motion of a body.If this word is used for a body in a water,it doesn't mean the body is running,it means the body is swimming.Similarly when the word YASBAHUN is used for a celestial body,it doesn't mean the body is floating it simply means it's rotating along its axis with its own motion.

I have heard a lot of Christians make excuses in similar nature as yours. It's known as allegory(a symbolic representation). They only use it when they are cornered. I would assume the same of you, until you come up with more intelligent explanation, thanks.

lanrexlan: And today science tells us that apart from the sun revolving,it also rotates on its axis

Exactly.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
golpen:

The point is his carpentry prowess is an illustration to the fact that all those verse you quoted still boils down to the facet that everything was within six days(periods).

1. The heavens and the earth was made in six days (periods). 10:3

2. The earth in two days (period). 41:9

3. Within four days(periods), HE had the earth, mountains, nourishment, blessings and all. 41:10

4. HE completed them (heavens), in two days(periods)

Summation of all makes six(6) days(periods)...thank you.

A far more comprehensible explanation.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Double Post.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 4:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
lanrexlan: Does the Sun rotate? Are we seeing the same face of the Sun all the time?
The Answer Yes,the Sun does rotate

I never disputed that.

lanrexlan: We can observe this by observing sunspots.All sunspots move across the face of the Sun. This motion is part of the general rotation of the Sun on its axis.

Okay.

lanrexlan: Observations also indicate that the Sun does not rotate as a solid body, but it spins differentially. That means that it rotates faster at the equator of the Sun and slower at its poles. (The gas giants Jupiter and Saturn also have differential rotation.)

Okay.

lanrexlan: The movements of the sunspots indicate that the Sun rotates once every 27 days at the equator,but only once in 31 days at the poles.

I appreciate your lesson in astronomy, but that still doesn't explain the scientifically incorrect 'floatin' of the Sun implied by Quran 36: 40
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by golpen(m): 5:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

orbit.

The bold hinted on the possibility. According to the verse, Sun moves in a orbit, and since the moon, orbits around earth, one would then naturally assume that the Sun does the same, since the verse said "they float each in an orbit" translated in plain English as "they each move in their respective orbits" Scientifically it's incorrect. Sun doesn't orbit.

It rotates, but doesn't orbit.

I have heard a lot of Christians make excuses in similar nature as yours. It's known as allegory(a symbolic representation). They only use it when they are cornered. I would assume the same of you, until you come up with more intelligent explanation, thanks.

Exactly.

@ur 4st paragraph, I think you're wrong somewhere sire...the sun sure orbits, therefore the Qur'an is right. Please check www.universetoday.com/18028/sun-orbit/.

@d second, I wish explain more also, but let's see if I come up with a better way then I'll get back to you.

@3rd...exactly.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
golpen:

@ur 4st paragraph, I think you're wrong somewhere sire...the sun sure orbits, therefore the Qur'an is right. Please check www.universetoday.com/18028/sun-orbit/.

Lol! I knew that, but it takes the Sun 225 million years to complete a full orbit, which makes it extremely slow. Not all astronomers agree with the theory, btw.

But according to the Quran, Sun and the moon's orbit causes day and night. Qurans remains wrong in that context.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
golpen:
@d second, I wish explain more also, but let's see if I come up with a better way then I'll get back to you.

Okay.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by ghazzal: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
cool. Afterall, the sun as we know is also a star. and stars orbit in a galaxy.

whenever i travel along an express at young age, it was the trees of the forest that used to run faster than the car i am in (did you ever have that feeling?), a feeling of you walking at night and the moon moving with you. It is relativity. you really can not conclude on what is happening at the other side especially if they are of different sizes. no one has been to the sun. But i believe someday, like the link "www.universetoday.com/18028/sun-orbit/" , it will become common knowledge.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
ghazzal: cool. Afterall, the sun as we know is also a star. and stars orbit in a galaxy.

whenever i travel along an express at young age, it was the trees of the forest that used to run faster than the car i am in (did you ever have that feeling?), a feeling of you walking at night and the moon moving with you. It is relativity. you really can not conclude on what is happening at the other side especially if they are of different sizes. no one has been to the sun. But i believe someday, like the link "www.universetoday.com/18028/sun-orbit/" , it will become common knowledge.

The Sun according to some astronomers, do orbit but in a very slow manner that it's not noticeable. But the in the Quaranic context, Sun orbits in the manner of the moon.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by ghazzal: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Lol! I knew that, but it takes the Sun 225 million years to complete a full orbit, which makes it extremely slow. Not all astronomers agree with the theory, btw.

But according to the Quran, Sun and the moon's orbit causes day and night. Qurans remains wrong in that context.

That sun orbits is not an issue anymore; it is evident here that the words of the Quran becomes clear with time and knowledge.
Could you please highlight where the Quran says "Sun and the moon's orbit causes day and night", there must be an explanation if it is in the Quran.
I have gone through these test myself and after reading time and time over, i get my answers. It really has no error in it........

2 Likes

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by ghazzal: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

The Sun according to some astronomers, do orbit but in a very slow manner that it's not noticeable. But the in the Quaranic context, Sun orbits in the manner of the moon.
my friend, when you read the quran, notice the use of words. it is similar to your first post - heaven and earth created in 6 days, then earth created in 2 days. Its like words in the Quran were used carefully. neither pace nor speed was specified here or you show me if i an wrong. it only says both creations orbit. no matter how slow you agree the sun moves, it still orbits.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
ghazzal:

That sun orbits is not an issue anymore; it is evident here that the words of the Quran becomes clear with time and knowledge.

It's still an issue, cuz according to the Quran it's orbit is noticeable just like the moons orbit.

ghazzal: Could you please highlight where the Quran says "Sun and the moon's orbit causes day and night", there must be an explanation if it is in the Quran.

orbit.

In the Quranic context, moon orbits the planet and causes night, Sun orbits the planet and causes day.

ghazzal: I have gone through these test myself and after reading time and time over, i get my answers. It really has no error in it........

As a Muslim, it's only natural that you don't. But the same doesn't apply to everybody. A non-Muslim can easily poke holes at things that you always thought of as being above reproach. Such is life.

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
ghazzal:
my friend, when you read the quran, notice the use of words. it is similar to your first post - heaven and earth created in 6 days, then earth created in 2 days. Its like words in the Quran were used carefully. neither pace nor speed was specified here or you show me if i an wrong. it only says both creations orbit. no matter how slow you agree the sun moves, it still orbits.

I can see now that you have found a foothold. I wonder what will be your foothold assuming that astronomers never put forward the theory that the Sun orbits.

The way the Quran used both the moon and the Sun in a sentence to describe their roles would make one to believe that both have the same goal, to cause day and night as each complete their orbits respectively.
Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by ghazzal: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ray McBlue:

It's still an issue, cuz according to the Quran it's orbit is noticeable just like the moons orbit, quite unlike science would have us believe.
The Quran says each float in an orbit - the objective questions will be: Orbits of what radius/size, are the orbits that each flow in the same, how long does each complete its orbit, what happens as they rotate within the orbit, how do we notice this rotation...so many questions will come to an objective mind-... you may choose to make assumptions just to claim you are right. but so far as i know, the only information we have is that the sun orbits.

Ray McBlue:
outstrip the day.
analogy that everything has its own course and definition. there are 2 different groups of words joined by "and" if i were to think like you but objectively, i will say "it is not for sun to overtake the moon" could mean that the sun moves slower than the moon! not sure about this anyway. They float each in an
orbit.
[/quote] They float each in an orbit = each floats in its own orbit. 2 different cycles

1 Like

Re: Contradictions, Inconsistencies And Errors In The Holy Qur'an? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
ghazzal:
The Quran says each float in an orbit - the objective questions will be: Orbits of what radius/size, are the orbits that each flow in the same, how long does each complete its orbit, what happens as they rotate within the orbit, how do we notice this rotation...so many questions will come to an objective mind-... you may choose to make assumptions just to claim you are right. but so far as i know, the only information we have is that the sun orbits.

The verse is not very clear, and a lot of assumptions can be drawn from it. I choose the assumptions that made more sense to me, until someone refute it.

ghazzal: analogy that everything has its own course and definition. there are 2 different groups of words joined by "and" if i were to think like you but objectively, i will say "it is not for sun to overtake the moon" could mean that the sun moves slower than the moon!

Or that the Sun floats in it's own orbit that doesn't interfere with the moons own orbit and objective, which is to provide moonlight at night.

ghazzal: not sure about this anyway. They float each in an
orbit. They float each in an orbit = each floats in its own orbit. 2 different cycles

At the bold, Day and night.

Now, you are inadvently arguing on my side, mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video of 11-Year Old Yemeni Girl Fleeing Child Marriage Is A Hoax / Alhaji Razak Gawat Is Still Missing... Nta 10 Made An Error / World's First Hijab Pilot (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.