Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,815 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. (2790 Views)

100 Advices From The Holy Qur'an / Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / The Martyrdom Of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) In The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by DevotedOne(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Raiim In The Name of Allaah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu Alaykum The Peace of Allaah, Be Upon You.

Does anyone know if there was copies made of Imam Ali's (A.S.) translation of The Holy Qur'an, by his (A.S.) son's, either Imam Hassan or, Imam Hussein.

I have read, or heard, that Imam Ali's Qur'an translation is with Imam Mahdi, the awaited one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Toj-K2mqqjI Clip: Quran hand-written by Imam Ali (as) in Najaf, Iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X3b6nZiR78 The Qur'an Of Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (A.S.) - Dr. Sayed Ammar N

Wassalaam. DevotedOne

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by Nobody: 2:43am On Sep 23, 2013
so all the time Ali ibn Talib [RA] was alive in the time and reigns of the 3 leaders [RA] before him, he didn't use the Quran that was known to them, but use his own and allowed the muslims of his generation to use other 'Quran', leaving them astray when he could have corrected them? do you people know what bad picture you are painting of Ali [RA] in reality while you think you are in love with him?

what Quran do you people use except the 'other' knowing joining the wrong group, if you think the real Quran is kept by a person in a cave? i hope you know that he needs all that humans need unless Allah is supporting him, making him asleep in over a millennium and allowing us to have the wrong Quran and nothing we do is right if we have the wrong foundation? this is a terrible thread. it is sickening in my opinion and i need to stop participating on something like this to protect my faith.

2 Likes

Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by LagosShia: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2013
RoyPCain: so all the time Ali ibn Talib [RA] was alive in the time and reigns of the 3 leaders [RA] before him, he didn't use the Quran that was known to them, but use him own and allowed the muslims of his generation to use other 'Quran'? do you people know what bad picture you are painting of Ali [RA] in reality while you think you are in love with him?

what Quran do you people use except the 'other' knowing joining the wrong group, if you think the real Quran is kept by a person in a cave? i hope you know that he needs all that humans need unless Allah is supporting him, making him asleep in over a millennium and allowing us to have the wrong Quran and nothing we do is right if we have the wrong foundation? this is a terrible thread. it is sickening in my opinion and i need to stop participating on something like this to protect my faith.

I think the sickness you are talking about is the one you've been infected with.

where did you read that the Quran copy Imam Ali (as) compiled and wrote commentary on was different from what Usthman later compiled or what we use today? who is saying that? the only thing been said is that Imam Ali (as) was the first after the Prophet (sa) to confine himself and take up the task of compiling with commentary the Holy Quran since it is undisputed that Imam Ali (as) was the most knowledgeable in his time (especially in regards to the Quran) to the attestation of Umar in more than one occasion.this copy of the Quran is the correct commentary of the Quran (tafsir) is believed to be with the Imam of the Time,Imam Mahdi (ajtfs).as for the Quran compiled by usthman and the one we use today,Imam Ali (as) had no objection to it,and neither did any of the 12 holy Imams (as) of the Prophet's Ahlul-Bayt (as).
Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by Shyeikulislam1(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2013
According to u umar is a nobody why are u using him to prove to us your false doctrines that are against tge teaching of the Qur'an
Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by Shyeikulislam1(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
@ lagos shia According to u umar is a nobody why are u using him to prove to us your false doctrines that are against the teaching of the Qur'an
Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by LagosShia: 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
Shyeikul islam1: @ lagos shia According to u umar is a nobody why are u using him to prove to us your false doctrines that are against the teaching of the Qur'an

according to you,the bible is corrupted.so why do you use it to prove your beliefs that Christians consider false and anti-Christ? for the same reason that the bible is held high by Christians-umar is held in high regards by sunnis,even higher than the Prophet himself in some instances-we use umar as proof to your likes.common sense is not common.
Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by AlBaqir(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2013
@LagosShia,
I have never seen a world so sick than this 'world' of ours. Why do people so hostile to what's 'new' to their ears? Majority of these brothers read the back of the book! they read never to understand but to criticize and that is immature in my opinion. You bring a topic, they run away but create fitnah and hide under it.

@Shyekul islam, RoyPcain,
LagosShia is talking about first compilation with Tafsir and Ta'weel here.
Do you want to tell me you don't know the present Qur'an was not arrange in accordance with revelation? Imam Ali arranged Qur'an one by one the way its being revealed included each tafsir; and offered it to the first khalifa but they never accepted it from him. He never bring out that copy of the Qur'an for the sake of Islamic unity but pass it on within the family of knowledge.

Why do you think we have difference as far as tafsir of the holy qur'an is concerned? The moment you leave Ali, the door or gate to the city of Muhammad's knowledge, and then follow a certain Abu Hurayra then you are bound to have problem!

Majority have been brainwashed that hadith is the tafsir of the holy Qur'an! Never! Hadith can only bring extra information. In fact, Qur'an is the Fur'qan and guide of Hadith. Any hadith that contradict the spirit or principle of the holy Qur'an is definitely not from Muhammad but fabricated.
Only Qur'an can interpret itself.

Aren't you read the golden saying of the holy prophet (saws):

"Ali is with the Qur'an and the Qur'an is with Ali; the two shall never part..."

"I left behind you two weighty thing whosoever follow them will never go astray; book of God and my ahl al-bayt..."

Your books of History attested to that if only you can read otherwise you will be spoon feed to death.
Re: Imam Ali's (A.S.) Translation Of The Holy Qur'an. by LagosShia: 9:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@LagosShia,
I have never seen a world so sick than this 'world' of ours. Why do people so hostile to what's 'new' to their ears? Majority of these brothers read the back of the book! they read never to understand but to criticize and that is immature in my opinion. You bring a topic, they run away but create fitnah and hide under it.

@Shyekul islam, RoyPcain,
LagosShia is talking about first compilation with Tafsir and Ta'weel here.
Do you want to tell me you don't know the present Qur'an was not arrange in accordance with revelation? Imam Ali arranged Qur'an one by one the way its being revealed included each tafsir; and offered it to the first khalifa but they never accepted it from him. He never bring out that copy of the Qur'an for the sake of Islamic unity but pass it on within the family of knowledge.

Why do you think we have difference as far as tafsir of the holy qur'an is concerned? The moment you leave Ali, the door or gate to the city of Muhammad's knowledge, and then follow a certain Abu Hurayra then you are bound to have problem!

Majority have been brainwashed that hadith is the tafsir of the holy Qur'an! Never! Hadith can only bring extra information. In fact, Qur'an is the Fur'qan and guide of Hadith. Any hadith that contradict the spirit or principle of the holy Qur'an is definitely not from Muhammad but fabricated.
Only Qur'an can interpret itself.

Aren't you read the golden saying of the holy prophet (saws):

"Ali is with the Qur'an and the Qur'an is with Ali; the two shall never part..."

"I left behind you two weighty thing whosoever follow them will never go astray; book of God and my ahl al-bayt..."

Your books of History attested to that if only you can read otherwise you will be spoon feed to death.

dear brother,keep up the good work.i am really proud and encouraged by your write-ups.

you should not be shocked.just look at his username "shyekul islam".it will surely remind you of one "ibn something's" title. grin then you will now extremism and ignorance are one and the same.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad Ibn Ali Ibn Muhammad Al-taa'i Al-andalusi / Why Is The Crescent Used A Symbol Of Islam/mosque / Differences Between Zakkah And Taxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.