Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie (2183 Views)

How Best To Identify A Nollywood Movie / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film? / Ghost Receiving A Phone Call In A Nollywood Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by gerald09(m): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2013
Check this out I fink the effect was done by a company in Nigeria. www.fxmaximus.com.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKlEl8PPtg&client=mv-google&guid=&gl=GB&hl=en-GB.

WOW!! You lot need to see this.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2013
You are joking right? On top of that na biological weapon dey inside mama-put rice container... smh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKlEl8PPtg

1 Like

Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by gerald09(m): 11:17am On Sep 15, 2013
VillageBoi:
You are joking right? On top of that na biological weapon dey inside mama-put rice container... smh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzKlEl8PPtg

I didn't say they got the movie ryt(haba bro na Nollywood nw) but the visual effect try.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2013
gerald09:
I didn't say they got the movie ryt(haba bro na Nollywood nw) but the visual effect try.

Yes they try small... no be easy thing. The visual effects are just ok'ish. I believe if you're going to try such you better get it totally right. In this day and age we can't keep on saying "But na Nollywood nah?" Get it 'right' or don't bother. Simple truth bro!

1 Like

Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by gerald09(m): 12:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
VillageBoi:

Yes they try small... no be easy thing. The visual effects are just ok'ish. I believe if you're going to try such you better get it totally right. In this day and age we can't keep on saying "But na Nollywood nah?" Get it 'right' or don't bother. Simple truth bro!
True talk bro, but don't base the direction of the movie with the visual effect. When I saw dis on youtube I was impressed that dey(Nollywood) have finally decided to go into the Vfx technology. How much u fink its going to cost for such technology in nigeria?
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 12:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
gerald09:
How much u fink its going to cost for such technology in nigeria?

The technology is in Nigeria. Cost is not what the problem is... the issue is people with the skills to actually use the programmes well.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by prof800(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
VillageBoi:

The technology is in Nigeria. Cost is not what the problem is... the issue is people with the skills to actually use the programmes well...
...are they willing to pay with their time...? cos it will definitely take tyme.
...are they willing to come together, use division of labour...? cos in Niaja, it is every man for himself.
...are they willing to set standards...? cos those who currently have the skills are busy looking for how to put food on the table. They forget they have to pass on their skills to the upcoming ones...

www.nairaland.com/949015/setting-standards-3d-animation-nigeria/6

...yes and are they willing to buy fuel...? (PHCN just died)...cos you can't depend on NEPA.

www.nairaland.com/774086/vfx-cg-industry-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
^ ^ ^ ^
True.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by Ignatio(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2013
They tried. It's one step at a time.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Are you for real?
Okay it's suppose to be a joke....it's a really funny joke btw.

And my fears have finally come to pass, Alaba people don dey 'maneuver' themselves into the cinema.
We give up! sad

That reminds me; @Villageboi, were you able to see 'Awakening' when it was released?
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 12:22am On Sep 17, 2013
speedyboi: Are you for real?
That reminds me; @Villageboi, were you able to see [b]'Awakening' [/b]when it was released?

Na naija film? I no see am, I no even see the oyinbo 'The Awakening' (slightly different title)
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

Na naija film? I no see am, I no even see the oyinbo 'The Awakening' (slightly different title)

Ah ah....the trailer was posted by Ijebabe na and you commented sef undecided
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 5:09am On Sep 17, 2013
speedyboi:

Ah ah....the trailer was posted by Ijebabe na and you commented sef undecided

Oh that? Didn't even remember it. So it's out?

PS Just watched the trailer again; have you seen it yet?
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh that? Didn't even remember it. So it's out?

PS Just watched the trailer again; have you seen it yet?

It's been out since last year December na. I went to see it around January this year though.

The visual effects in the movie is very good. Still on the 'okay' level (Not mindblowing, but very believable and impressive). I doubt this thing up there will give something '1/10th' as good.
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by VillageBoi(m): 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
speedyboi:
I doubt this thing up there will give something '1/10th' as good.
I'll try to find 'Awakening' to watch. The thing above doesn't look good...

And like I said earlier...
VillageBoi:
I believe if you're going to try such you better get it totally right. In this day and age we can't keep on saying "But na Nollywood nah?" Get it 'right' or don't bother. Simple truth!

This is the end of 2013... there are zero excuses anymore!
Re: Best Effect I Have Seen In A Nollywood Movie by prof800(m): 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
VillageBoi:

This is the end of 2013... there are zero excuses anymore!
Nollywood did you hear that..??
"zero excuses anymore"

(1) (Reply)

Deadpool 2 2018 Movie 480p MKV MP4 HD Online / Maltina Dance-all Family Dancing Competion Reality Show / What Are Your 3 Best Series?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.