Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:12 PM

A Case For Homosexuality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Case For Homosexuality? (2823 Views)

The Worlds Push For Homosexuality / Is The Phenomenon Of Hermaphrodite A Case For Homosexuality? / self-service Leads To Homosexuality--watchtower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
So I've been thinking a lot about homosexuality these past few hours.

Let's be clear: I do not detest homosexuality. I'm just indifferent to it.This might partly be due to the fact that I've never met a homosexual in real life.

That being said, the homosexuals on NL have done a good job so far in throwing more light on the issue and for that, I say a big kudos to y'all..

So these are the thoughts that have been going through my mind.

The general Christian belief is that we're all souls in containers. These containers are our physical bodies. So in a sense, these physical bodies are what associates us to any gender. In some cases, people can choose to change them if they do not feel comfortable in them.

In essence, what this would mean is that our real 'self/soul' has no gender.

According to Christianity, God is LOVE and a spirit. I could go further to say that love itself is spiritual, attraction between two souls. Is it possible that love goes just beyond our physical containers, beyond how we perceive each other, basically attraction between our 'real selves'?

Remember, GOD's ways are not our ways. wink

NB: I am an atheist and do not believe in the above bs. Just trying to instigate a conversation. wink

https://www.nairaland.com/1421339/christian-still-gay/14#18137445

Thought the post deserved a thread.. So let's go... wink
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by mployer(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Someone is about gething converted. Ride on bro, don't get scared of what they will say. wink
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
m-ployer:
Someone is about gething converted. Ride on bro, don't get scared what they will say. wink

Thank you, Bro.. Thanks for such a wonderful response. Now you can play with your toys. smiley
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by mployer(m): 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
aManFromMars:

Thank you, Bro.. Thanks for such a wonderful response. Now you can play with your toys. smiley
U've started pondering on Spiritual matters, it starts dat way. *don't care much about ur insult sha*
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
m-ployer:
U've started pondering on Spiritual matters, it starts dat way. *don't care much about ur insult sha*
Lol. I always ponder 'spiritual matters'.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
m-ployer:

And apologies for the insult. Just wary of xtian trolls these days.. cry
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 16, 2013
No takers? angry
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Bella3(f): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2013
aManFromMars: angry
I know what you did! You ran away so you wont be on the hot seat tongue
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2013
BĂ©lla3: I know what you did! You ran away so you wont be on the hot seat tongue
Lmao. grin grin someone already put me on the hot seat wink
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Bella3(f): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2013
The OP seems a possible explaination.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Bella3(f): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lmao. grin grin someone already put me on the hot seat wink
You never tell us wetin you do HBG. angry grin
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by bolaino(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2013
Amanfrommars, I want u to know that u're a very intelligent man, and I respect your posts, nicely written, it's high time we address this homophobia all around us, what is it about gay men that scares most guys. I'm not gay, I'm straight, I too like women to be gay, lol.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by RayMcBlue(m): 11:14am On Sep 16, 2013
I normally don't comment on gay themed threads like this one, cuz the content always disgust me (I won't lie to you, I don't like gays). But I will make an exception this time to address a certain mannerisms that always struck me as hypocritical.

Why do you feel that you must let everyone know that you are not gay, even as you defend them? The way I see it, If you feel that homosexualism is not wrong, then you owe nobody any explanation, even if you are heterosexual. If you don't have a thick skin, then spare everyone your hypocrisy and keep your peace.

You call someone like me a bigot, and yet when your sexual orientation is attacked, you feel incline to distance yourself from homosexualism. Why? Why do you care what people think of you? What makes you any better than a gay hating someone like me?

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2013
U miss road?
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by tobechi20(m): 11:29am On Sep 16, 2013
m-ployer:

naaaa, he isnt pondering spirituality but homosexuality. He may soon be converted to a gay
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 16, 2013
tobechi20:

naaaa, he isnt pondering spirituality but homosexuality. He may soon be converted to a gay
Lol. grin
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Yooguyz: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
m-ployer:
Someone is about gething converted. Ride on bro, don't get scared of what they will say. wink
dude don't you get it? You can't convert anybody to homosexuality? Were u converted into liking women?# that is if you are not really gay#

2 Likes

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by HezronLorraine(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
Everybody go and sleep.All the talk wey we talk for complaints thread never do una.Abeg make we rest for gay tory since yesterday.E don do.biko.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Everybody go and sleep.All the talk wey we talk for complaints thread never do una.Abeg make we rest for gay tory since yesterday.E don do.biko.

Yawn....you should take your own advice......the thread wasnt made for you. If you find it boring, no one is stopping you from ignoring it and sleeping from said boredom in your bedroom

1 Like

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ermm...to follow or not to follow....uhmm..Mason you know you don't have a choice. **hits the follow button**
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn....you should take your own advice......the thread wasnt made for you. If you find it boring, no one is stopping you from ignoring it and sleeping from said boredom in your bedroom
baby, are u gay?
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
baby, are u gay?

Na ur papa be baby. grin

3 Likes

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na ur papa be baby. grin
Roflmao....
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by onetrack(m): 9:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
bolaino: Amanfrommars, I want u to know that u're a very intelligent man, and I respect your posts, nicely written, it's high time we address this homophobia all around us, what is it about gay men that scares most guys. I'm not gay, I'm straight, I too like women to be gay, lol.

Non-gay atheist male here. Not homophobic either. You know what I think? Many straight men don't like homosexuals because the straight men don't want to be looked at in the same way that they themselves look at women. They don't want unwelcome lustful looks from people they aren't interested in (which is exactly what we tend do to women). Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na ur papa be baby. grin
now, dat is rude. On a lighter note, he is still young and fresh with cool blood running thru his veins.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
9ja_Hottest_Gay:
now, dat is rude. On a lighter note, he is still young and free with cool blood running thru his veins.
here you are going after him and here I am kinda a lil interested in you #life
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Na ur papa be baby. grin
Lolololol.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by bolaino(m): 6:14am On Sep 17, 2013
onetrack:

Non-gay atheist male here. Not homophobic either. You know what I think? Many straight men don't like homosexuals because the straight men don't want to be looked at in the same way that they themselves look at women. They don't want unwelcome lustful looks from people they aren't interested in (which is exactly what we tend do to women). Hypocrisy.
yeah you're very right sire, u know I won't lie to you ooo, I'm not a fearful person ooo, but seriously, I can't be in the same room with somebody who is openly gay, cos I have this kind of notion that u could be infected with homosexuality, and as I am right now. The worst thing that could happen to me is if I turn gay, I go just kee myself, so right now I'm trying to work on my fear of gay people,

I do not hate gay people, not at all, but I find the ones who behave like women annoying. Women are annoying on a normal day, then imagine a blend of man and woman, how annoying can someone be. Lol, I do not hate gay people, I just don't find the whole homosexual act funny, but I love lesbians, I wish my girlfriend was a lesbian, I'm all for lesbians, they have my full support.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 17, 2013
@bolaino, Hmmm, Im sorry to say bt, Im sure ur confused abt yr sexuality. No offence meant in all sincerity.
Ok, I might be of help, why not look up d word GAY in d dico and see if d definition applies to u. Once again, im sorry if I offend u.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 17, 2013
bolaino: yeah you're very right sire, u know I won't lie to you ooo, I'm not a fearful person ooo, but seriously, I can't be in the same room with somebody who is openly gay, cos I have this kind of notion that u could be infected with homosexuality, and as I am right now. The worst thing that could happen to me is if I turn gay, I go just kee myself, so right now I'm trying to work on my fear of gay people,

At least you can admit that you're afraid you may turn gay...maybe I'm afraid I may turn straight grin
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by RayMcBlue(m): 8:55am On Sep 17, 2013
bolaino: yeah you're very right sire, u know I won't lie to you ooo, I'm not a fearful person ooo, but seriously, I can't be in the same room with somebody who is openly gay, cos I have this kind of notion that u could be infected with homosexuality, and as I am right now. The worst thing that could happen to me is if I turn gay, I go just kee myself, so right now I'm trying to work on my fear of gay people,

I do not hate gay people, not at all, but I find the ones who behave like women annoying
. Women are annoying on a normal day, then imagine a blend of man and woman, how annoying can someone be. Lol, I do not hate gay people, I just don't find the whole homosexual act funny, but I love lesbians, I wish my girlfriend was a lesbian, I'm all for lesbians, they have my full support.

One moment, you don't like gays, the next you don't hate them...

Look fella, it's either you like gays or you don't, stop all this nonsense.
Re: A Case For Homosexuality? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2013
Ray McBlue:

One moment, you don't like gays, the next you don't hate them...

Look fella, it's either you like gays or you don't, stop all this nonsense.

Do you hate or like Christians?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why God Appeared Wicked In The Old But Loving In The New Testament / The Making Of The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (photos) / Terrible Things Is Happening In Jos. Pray For Peace To Reign In Plateau State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.