Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Hard drive Enclosure - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hard drive Enclosure (581 Views)

How To Repair Corrupted Hard Drive/memory Card / How To Repair A Spoilt/crashed Hard Drive / External Hard Drive Enclosure With Media Playing Function Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hard drive Enclosure by Berle: 7:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
I'm thinking of getting an enclosure for my HDD. The hard drive is actually from an old laptop that's not working now.

Is it advisable to do this? I also heard that such hard drives gotten from laptops are not made to be moved around frequently as this can damage them, how true is this?

Lastly what is the price range for good enclosures? I want one that would last
Re: Hard drive Enclosure by bigboa: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
You can get from computer village for 1k, 1.2k tops. Using a hdd enclosure is ok; the sensitivity to failure has to do more with the type of drive than the fact that it was extracted from your laptop viz ide (pin type) is more resilient than sata (strip type). Anyway, there is hardly any difference between the packaged hdds and your home made one (comparing them pricewise also shows the same).
If you're feeling sexy though, you could shell out for a nas box and go 21st century cloud (gangnam) style. Chert c9mputers at toyin street have a couple...
Hth

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get A Cheap VPS / Scam Alert! Sam Alert! / Help On Browsing On Pc With BB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.