Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

What In Heaven's Name Is Going On? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What In Heaven's Name Is Going On? (937 Views)

This Lady Claims She Is Going To Hell Fire And So Proud Of It ( Photos ) / Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What In Heaven's Name Is Going On? by Aizebioje(m): 8:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Okay, this past week in Benin City has been a bee hive of activities as the Esama of Benin Sir Chief Dr Gabriel Osawaru Igbinedion marked his 79th birthday. It was a fun filled week and dignitaries from all works of life graced the occassion, bla bla bla...
Now it should be noted that I have nothing against this man. I actually admire his showmanship. I also certainly do not have anything against him celebrating his birthday(even if he does so on the moon). What I however have a problem with is the way Churches troop out in their numbers to kiss this man's ass. Last year a well known Female preacher in Benin known for her unique hats and bogus suits and her loud prayers in her local dialect was flown abroad for his grande birthday reception and her appearance was nothing close to what we see her in down here. She abandoned her head gears and bogus suits and stepped out in a flowing dinner gown and a very"WORLDLY" hairdo. When she was called upon to pray, her pitch,intonation and mode of prayer also changed. It was a disgusting sight.
She's not the only guilty gospel preacher. A whole lot of others whose names I will not mention have literally abandoned their Godly duties to pay homage to the man.
TODAY at the thanksgiving service held at St.Gabriel the ArchAngel Church along Sapele road Benin City, there was also a show of shame as the church was well decorated with pictures and portraits of "THIS GREAT ICON". Even General Overseers abandoned their Churches to attend the thanksgiving service and trust me it wasn't for the right reasons. They were there to shake a few political hands and gain more favour in the sight of this MAN. Abeg jor. My hand don dey pain me jare. I just think churches should put their houses in order and know what their priorities are. IF MY CHURCH EVER DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS, I'M OUT!!!
Re: What In Heaven's Name Is Going On? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Mumu

(1) (Reply)

Prophet. / Is Adultery No Longer A Sin? / Nigeria's Cure Is The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.