Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

**Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration (3340 Views)

2003 Nissan 350z Restoration / 190e 2.5-16v Evo2 Vs. 190e 2.6 Sportline. / t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
The mechanic didn't show up yesterday but sadly he showed up today when i wasn't around..
I lifted the hood and i was surprised to find it looking scanty.
Asked my papa wat nd wat they did to that car when i wasn't around, he told me that they ignited the engine,it responded but didn't pick up..
Pls pardons me i don't know much bout engines,i just know lil more than the basics.
He also told me the mechanic took the top cylinder/valve(i dn't knw wat that means anyway but he was just using the terms interchangeably) with him to work on it.
I looked into the interior, i saw the carburettor and some other thing lying on the the front passenger seat.
I'll get u updated possibly with pics though am still with my old phone Nokia C1-01 and the 5mp camera i asked 4 i couldn't get it.
Lest i forget,the engine is a W124 (V.boot)engine.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
Trac or someother person that could help what do U mean by the mounts and frames[/b]is it those black plastic stripes that ran on the lower end of the car from the front bumber to the rear bumber,and also on the roof of the vehicle?
Also about the [b]anodised trims,
do u mean those rubbers used in sealing the windows and someother things?
What do U also mean by anodised rear?
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2013
Watch Out!
I'll be uploading series of pictures soon..meanwhile with all these things am seeing i may not be going with most if not all of the exterior mods, in that gold coloured 190e up there.am not fixing a spoiler. Am not going with the side mirrows up on the gold MB,am going with the original.Am not going with the modified bumbers and sideskirts,rather am going to stick to the basic plastic side claddings of the facelift models and thier bumbers,am going with a light grey tiny spokes rims,am painting everything a with the colour i found sth close to blue,so it would go with the rims. The bumbers,side mirrows,side claddings et al are going to be totally painted with the colour of the main body shell,rather the upper part of all doors are going to be painted black*pictures loading*...
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Here's the photo of the parts removed from the engine,sth which the mechanic called the top was taken away by him to work on.

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Some minor flaws

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
3 more

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Trac: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
Bossforeva: Trac or someother person that could help what do U mean by the mounts and frames[/b]is it those black plastic stripes that ran on the lower end of the car from the front bumber to the rear bumber,and also on the roof of the vehicle?
Also about the [b]anodised trims,
do u mean those rubbers used in sealing the windows and someother things?
What do U also mean by anodised rear?

Sorry for not making myself clear. Also, my mistake on the mirror with the metal backing. The 190's don't have that. Forget about the anodised aluminiums. It wouldn't matter to you. However, what I meant originally was getting the trim back to newish appearance. The 190 isn't that embellished.

That is the sub-frame. The associated mount to it is at the bottom. Altogether, you should have four subframe mounts for the fore and rear.

I realised that I omitted seals. I meant the doors, trunk, hood and other areas of similar application.

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 19, 2013
Trac:

Sorry for not making myself clear. Also, my mistake on the mirror with the metal backing. The 190's don't have that. Forget about the anodised aluminiums. It wouldn't matter to you. However, what I meant originally was getting the trim back to newish appearance. The 190 isn't that embellished.

That is the sub-frame. The associated mount to it is at the bottom. Altogether, you should have four subframe mounts for the fore and rear.

I realised that I omitted seals. I meant the doors, trunk, hood and other areas of similar application.
pls what should i do to make it newish,if not painting?
Also am now planning to put the plastic side claddings and the rear bumber of the facelift models,any talk on that?
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Trac: 2:15am On Sep 19, 2013
Bossforeva: pls what should i do to make it newish,if not painting?
Also am now planning to put the plastic side claddings and the rear bumber of the facelift models,any talk on that?

The [subframe] mounts will have to be replaced. Rubber would have disintegrated by now. The difference will be [very] tremendous. I can't give a finite answer on the second question because I'm just being aware that there was a facelift model. Europe had the diverse models. The United States did not. If it is a direct bolt-on with no hard-install, then it serves to be aesthetic. No problem with that.

For the trims, just leave it alone. You aren't pimping-the-ride. You are restoring. Except you replace it. Anything you do will yield little results thereafter. Except you replace it. It isn't obvious - plus nobody cares.

Oh! I know what you are talking about. It's purely aesthetic. I believe you are referring to the visual stylings like the 90's Series E (94/95 E Class) lower door pads. If it fits, then its fine. If you have to drill, beat and re-work, it's really not worth it. It doesn't diminish it from being what it truly is. RE: bumpers - if it fits, that will not be a problem. You aren't messing with anything. The bottom of the vehicle was carefully designed to stream air without the anomalies experienced by vehicles of those generations. The location of the exhaust was also a design consideration and the air around it carefully tailored. When you go AMG or the rest, the variables change. The air going through it (at the bottom) becomes faster - thus hotter - because they have to squeeze through, then pressure drop occurs. The affect ([a]ffect) to this is higher road-hold-ability and stability. Where the possible risk is [is] the case where it is not properly tailored (for the smooth streamflow). The air-stream is questionable and improper evacuation occurs. Then you have a problem at high speed. Those bumpers and skirts are colloquially called "aerodynamic add-ons" because they affect aerodynamics. There is nothing wrong with getting trusted bumpers and skirts; getting aftermarkets is where the skepticism arises. There are very few wind-tunnels in the world. One at the major university in the United Kingdom, Saab, Honda, Mercedes and a few others have this facility. To accept in faith that it was tested through a wind tunnel is slim.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2013
Trac:

The [subframe] mounts will have to be replaced. Rubber would have disintegrated by now. The difference will be [very] tremendous. I can't give a finite answer on the second question because I'm just being aware that there was a facelift model. Europe had the diverse models. The United States did not. If it is a direct bolt-on with no hard-install, then it serves to be aesthetic. No problem with that.

For the trims, just leave it alone. You aren't pimping-the-ride. You are restoring. Except you replace it. Anything you do will yield little results thereafter. Except you replace it. It isn't obvious - plus nobody cares.

Oh! I know what you are talking about. It's purely aesthetic. I believe you are referring to the visual stylings like the 90's Series E (94/95 E Class) lower door pads. If it fits, then its fine. If you have to drill, beat and re-work, it's really not worth it. It doesn't diminish it from being what it truly is. RE: bumpers - if it fits, that will not be a problem. You aren't messing with anything. The bottom of the vehicle was carefully designed to stream air without the anomalies experienced by vehicles of those generations. The location of the exhaust was also a design consideration and the air around it carefully tailored. When you go AMG or the rest, the variables change. The air going through it (at the bottom) becomes faster - thus hotter - because they have to squeeze through, then pressure drop occurs. The affect ([a]ffect) to this is higher road-hold-ability and stability. Where the possible risk is [is] the case where it is not properly tailored (for the smooth streamflow). The air-stream is questionable and improper evacuation occurs. Then you have a problem at high speed. Those bumpers and skirts are colloquially called "aerodynamic add-ons" because they affect aerodynamics. There is nothing wrong with getting trusted bumpers and skirts; getting aftermarkets is where the skepticism arises. There are very few wind-tunnels in the world. One at the major university in the United Kingdom, Saab, Honda, Mercedes and a few others have this facility. To accept in faith that it was tested through a wind tunnel is slim.
Am nomore going for the modified bumbers and skirts,i'll be going for the lower pads.
Also am nt just restoring it,am pimping it a lil bit with the pads(plastic side claddings), light grey rims,Smoked/Red rearlights, and other.
I'll be painting the car a unibody paint rather the upper part of all doors adjacent to the windows will be going in matte..plz i need paint colour suggestions not too dark not too light in colour.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 19, 2013
Trac:

Am nomore going for the modified bumbers and skirts,i'll be going for the lower pads.
Also am nt just restoring it,am pimping it a lil bit with the pads(plastic side claddings), light grey rims,Smoked/Red rearlights, and other.
I'll be painting the car a unibody paint rather the upper part of all doors adjacent to the windows will be going in matte..plz i need paint colour suggestions not too dark not too light in colour.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2013
Trac:

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
Finally,the mechanic changed the top in the engine,the engine responded.
I drove the car to the Car Wash and i didn't believe what i saw.
I saw what i called a BENZO! restored,modified,love-vendor,anything U can think of even with a modern Alloy wheel..
What did i see? I saw a Mercedes Benz 190 but this time not a W201 but a W110 owned by the owner of Gold international transport..a transporter with offices in Lagos,Mubi,Onitsha et al. gotta be uploading pics most definitely.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Bossforeva: Here's the photo of the parts removed from the engine,sth which the mechanic called the top was taken away by him to work on.

Good progress, but jeeze. Did he have to put those oily engine components inside the car, on the seat? If I did that to any of my client's cars here, they'd sue me. It take ages for the gasoline and old engine oil smell to dissipate.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Siena:

Good progress, but jeeze. Did he have to put those oily engine components inside the car, on the seat? If I did that to any of my client's cars here, they'd sue me. It take ages for the gasoline and old engine oil smell to dissipate.
Nigerian Mechanics 4 U,i wasn't around when he did that. Just went there now they didn't even wash the engine well is like they just sprayed water on it.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Some Pictures i took yesterday...U can obviously see some flaws.

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2013
Aww! T'was just now that I discovered why the images has been fuzzy..the transparent shield securing the pinhole broke and dust particles accumulated on it.
Am sorry for that.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
In The Car Wash!

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
The Perfectly restored and pimped W110 i met on the Car Wash...i think it's the first car on the 190 nameplate.

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Olisa4all: 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2013
I see a benz like this everyday at Planet One, Maryland

Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Trac: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
Bossforeva: Am nomore going for the modified bumbers and skirts,i'll be going for the lower pads.

I can't give any saying on paints and colours.
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 20, 2013
Trac:

I can't give any saying on paints and colours.

Bossforeva, my apologies for going off topic.

Trac, I wanted to run something by you, I've sent you a bunch of PM's, but haven't heard anything back. If I'm hassling you, please let me know, so I don't trouble you anymore.

Thanks bud!
Re: **Mobility By Timkworth**-Pioneer Project#-MB 190e (W201) Restoration by Trac: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2013
Siena:

Bossforeva, my apologies for going off topic.

Trac, I wanted to run something by you, I've sent you a bunch of PM's, but haven't heard anything back. If I'm hassling you, please let me know, so I don't trouble you anymore.

Thanks bud!

Siena,

Notification on NL leaves a lot to be desired. If you did not state this, I wouldn't have known that you'd been trying to get in touch with me. You aren't hassling and I got no pm neither was any awareness made. I don't think p.m-ing works on NL. My email has been included in my profile.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Toyota Camry Pencil Light V6 Revving Itself / Infinity G35 / Help My Engine Oil Pump Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.