Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! (19467 Views)

How To Link Your BVN To Your UBA Account Without Going To The Bank / GTB Account Issue / Please Everyone: Help! N174,800 Was Withdrawn From My UBA Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by eyoiba(m): 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
I know you all still remember how a Nairalander dissatisfied with how he was treated at one of the UBA Branches took to the forum to express his frustration while trying to open an account with the Bank.

Well, when I got home I discussed the issue with a neighbor of mine who is a staff of UBA and also a Nairalander. He told me he has also seen the post and was very sad about the incident, that was on Thursday, 12 of September.

I got a call from him this morning that the bank’s Management got know about the issue posted on Nairaland (some UBA staff who are member of this forum promised to take up this issue and I guess they did) and the matter was investigated and the CSO (the guy that collected the account opening form from the Nairalander without doing anything) has been sacked and the BOM (the senior officer whom the CSO referred the Nairalander to) was placed on one month suspension without pay.

I didn’t believe it until my neighbor sent a clip of the weekly in house newsletter where the issue was reported (See below).

Though Nairaland was not mentioned in the article, but you will know that the case is the same as the one posted on Nairaland. Most of the time the Management don’t know what is happening at the branch level considering the size of an organization like UBA and some staff just act as they please even though the management frowns on issues like this especially when the Management is making strong efforts to reposition the Bank as a quality service provider .

I commend UBA for listening to the public perception of their services and taking immediate step to punishing the erring staff. This is shows the undeniable great influence Nairaland has on our society. Nairalanders, I hail thee!!! Afi igba te je ki she bo lowo bobo yen! (Your efforts led to the sacking of the guy!)
Below is the article:

Staff Sanctioned for Poor Customer Service
“In spite of concerted efforts to improve service delivery in the bank, some staff still treat our customers poorly. This was evident in a case in Lagos, Nigeria where a customer took to the social media to express the frustration she encountered in an attempt to open an account.

After an investigation, it was discovered that the allegations were indeed true, and consequently the Customer Service Officer (CSO) has bManagement' s swift action underscores the importance attached to service delivery and a signal to all of us to step up our acts and commit fully to the on-going customer service transformation initiatives designed to ensure that we not only serve our customers well but we wow them as well.”

6 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Leopantro: 1:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
interesting. shows the power of social media

2 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by ukcars: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Leopantro: interesting. shows the power of social media

There is nothing interesting in someone being sacked

33 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by i1: 1:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
seems like, i will come here to vent my annoyance about my bank...

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by merciie(f): 2:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
I feel for the sacked guy, am sure lessons have been learnt its just unfortunate that he happened to be the scape-goat.
The customer is King they say, thanks to the internet for giving us a voice

2 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by simplyOJ(m): 2:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
i.:
seems like, i will come here to vent my annoyance about my bank...
Ok. I hope it's not the one called Union; because they may not even be connected to read your complaint.

13 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by i1: 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2013
haha! not union ooh, this one na one precious stone like dat.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:52pm On Sep 16, 2013
OP

I hope you know say you just remove food from person mouth for this our harsh economy...

Anyways.. Sometimes its necessary.

How can I also get somebody sacked at Etisalat biko nu?! Those thieving bastards have stolen over 13thousand Naira in credit from me.. angry

6 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 16, 2013
Nothing much, banks doesn't allow their customers to be treated badly. One guy @ gtbank was nearly sacked because I sent an email to gtbank stating my frustrations with the customer service. Later on I have to weigh in and apologize on behalf of the guy, dats wot saved him his job

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by sanandreas(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
oboi like play like play person don join labour market. Nairaland i hail.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by homesteady(m): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
Should I be happy or sad? grin grin LOL
Eya!

4 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Dygeasy(m): 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
When Should People Start Submitting Resumes?

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by lonelydora: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2013
I knew it will get to this. Most people don't know the power of Nairaland. One person added to the Labour market reducing most people chances in securing a job.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by mactoni91(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Endi(m): 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2013
Way to go, UBA.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
simplyOJ:
Ok. I hope it's not the one called Union; because they may not even be connected to read your complaint.
for ur mind gringringrin
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by point5: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
Interestin..but such treatmnt shud also go for most silly staff of First Bank Nig.PLC,,dey sob a lot..

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by DisGuy: 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Most of the time the Management don’t know what is happening at the branch level considering the size of an organization like UBA and some staff just act as they please even though the management frowns on issues like this especially when the Management is making strong efforts to reposition the Bank as a quality service provider .

they have mangement in each branch and region, not everything should get to the HQ before something is done

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by moscobabs(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
Is like God they Nairaland oooo.......I will update my experience in this GTB Ogba branch today maybe the lady could be sacked.
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Ene101(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2013
UBA Main branch along bank road in Yola Adamawa state is a mess. Only two staff at the counter. One for receiving money from customers and the other one for giving out money to customers. The bank is big but no workers.If you enter the bank,it seems as if you are in 'Alaba Market' worst at the end of the month. If you spend less than two hours in the bank,it then means u gave a friend at the front line your deposit slip to combine with his/her own to help you.Hope this will get to the management for correction.

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by hariorh: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
If person no do wahala before he see job, then he no go take the job seriously... my own 2 kobo hia!

grin

6 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
0k i don forget wetin i want talk but uba una security men dey flog us make we dey line for kogi state uni .una no respect students abi
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
i have to admit that what is going on in some banks concerning customer care relations is appalling but then a man just lost his job. i hope lessons are learnt sha because at the END of it all TIME changes THINGS.

11 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by daylae(m): 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
that's why i love my GTB.

2 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
mtchew*
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
eyoiba: I know you all still remember how a Nairalander dissatisfied with how he was treated at one of the UBA Branches took to the forum to express his frustration while trying to open an account with the Bank.

Well, when I got home I discussed the issue with a neighbor of mine who is a staff of UBA and also a Nairalander. He told me he has also seen the post and was very sad about the incident, that was on Thursday, 12 of September.

I got a call from him this morning that the bank’s Management got know about the issue posted on Nairaland (some UBA staff who are member of this forum promised to take up this issue and I guess they did) and the matter was investigated and the CSO (the guy that collected the account opening form from the Nairalander without doing anything) has been sacked and the BOM (the senior officer whom the CSO referred the Nairalander to) was placed on one month suspension without pay.

I didn’t believe it until my neighbor sent a clip of the weekly in house newsletter where the issue was reported (See below).

Though Nairaland was not mentioned in the article, but you will know that the case is the same as the one posted on Nairaland. Most of the time the Management don’t know what is happening at the branch level considering the size of an organization like UBA and some staff just act as they please even though the management frowns on issues like this especially when the Management is making strong efforts to reposition the Bank as a quality service provider .

I commend UBA for listening to the public perception of their services and taking immediate step to punishing the erring staff. This is shows the undeniable great influence Nairaland has on our society. Nairalanders, I hail thee!!! Afi igba te je ki she bo lowo bobo yen! (Your efforts led to the sacking of the guy!)
Below is the article:

lol
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by miqos(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
lessons learnt
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by demelza: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
Good for the staff.
Wherever he gets a job next, he wont easily forget this lesson.

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by everyday: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
So what does it mean now? That anyone with dispute with any coporate organization report to Nairaland?
Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by AjanleKoko: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
It was wrong of UBA to fire that employee in my view.

It's not just about sacking someone. Companies in Nigeria need to do a lot more to train their staff on customer service.
This one sounds like eye service/scape-goating to me. It's not only about paying people lots of money, but instilling the right attitude through training in the employees. That one person was sacked does not mean someone else will not do worse next time. Even worse, it reinforces a negative attitude in the other staff members.

Punitive action is fine, but not firing. Are they going to fire someone every time there is a complaint? Why not be proactive and train employees, develop customer service KPIs, and monitor the customer interfaces for compliance?
Typical Naija draconian approach angry

14 Likes

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Boll2010: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Placing him on a 3months suspension wld be better.......that was just to harsh of the bank.......they would have to sack a lot workers if they are goin by that way cuz am very sure he aint the only one doing this sh!it........another person dropped to the unemployment zone........that's if is lucky he get bak up to his fit........but with such published record self employment for the main time.....but is UBA a sole proprietorship Or BOARD

1 Like

Re: Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
I dont feel any form of pity for the sacked staff. If you guys are now pitying the staff, why didn't he or she do the work he/she was paid for Staff like him/her make customers flee to other banks. When people seek for jobs they look like angels but when given the job they care less of the customer. It should serve as a note of warning to other staff.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

One-stop-shop POS Machine to make money/Your digital service supermarket / Walmart In Nigeria / Kindly Help! Rats Are Killing My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.