Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3503377 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1582) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2023
Itzkingtimmy:
okay, i mean when is it going to stop?
Is only registration that has closed for PG students. Verification can be done anytime provided the staff in charge is available

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2023
2023_1 supplementary pop timetable

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
Update!!!

GST 302 Business plan Uploading had been Extended by 28 days.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qanda: 12:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
Get all your study materials in one place

-NOUN Course materials are available for FREE
on Q and A App.

-Get Your NOUN E-exams Past Questions and Answers for ALL departments on Q and A App

-Get Your NOUN POP exams Past Questions on Q and A App.

-CIT Past Questions and Answers for ALL Levels are available on Q and A App.

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Edusportal(m): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
NOUN E-Exam Timetable For 2023_1

E-exams will start on Tuesday 30th May 2023 – end on Tuesday 20th June 2023.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD First Draft 2023_1 Semester E-Examination Timetable
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 12:38am On Apr 27, 2023
Get help on:

▶️ Admission Assistance/Enquiry...
▶️ project Topics/writing
▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

▶️ project Topics, Materials & Writeup
* For assistance on historical matters
* For analysis on current affairs
* For articles on current affairs and historical matters.
* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fryo4life(m): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2023
Has national open university started enrolling new students into law?

Which months do NOUN admission usually commence? Please someone should reply me.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2023
fryo4life:
Has national open university started enrolling new students into law?

Which months do NOUN admission usually commence? Please someone should reply me.
No undergraduate law programmes in NOUN till further notice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DivergentSony: 7:25am On Apr 29, 2023
They did Seminar defense yesterday at VI and I didn't hear anything prior on the closing/defense date from anywhere, anybody whether offline and online 😁
It's not even in the academic calendar for the year.

They just did it like a thief in the night🤦😹
This school na cruise😂

If I didn't have exam yesterday, I wouldn't even know otilo😁
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Mikedu:
Get help on:

▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
2023_1 READJUSTED POP EXAMS TIMETABLE

https://docdro.id/esfQP2X
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Samisha500:

2023_1 READJUSTED POP EXAMS TIMETABLE

https://docdro.id/esfQP2X

REASONS FOR ADJUSTING POP EXAM TIMETABLE

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DivergentSony: 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2023
Pls Who's doing any of the 191, 192, 291 or 292 practical courses here?

I'm yet to hear any update on daily time schedule for the practical courses by course, department or faculty basis.

Abi na everyday from May 2 (which is on Tuesday) to May 20 everybody irrespective of your course dey go VI for 3 weeks?

Because the matter no wan clear me again abeg 😂
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by DivergentSony: 10:47am On May 01, 2023
This their information doesn't give one enough clarity about the practical classes attendance

Is it everyday everyone across all departments will be going to VI or practical venues for 3 weeks straight (from May 2 to May 20) at the same time?
Where's the money to burn on tfare for it and do they really have the space and resources to cater for everyone's attendance?

I saw a schedule daily timetable per practical course in 2 batches A & B in one Abeokuta study center on telegram but I don't know it it applies to all study centers in the country or it's only for Abeokuta study center.

So confused right now with questions and no one to answer them🤦.
Samisha500:

FULL PREPARATION FOR PRACTICAL

The National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Faculty of Science Practical Schedule For 2023_1 Semester

The Departments of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science Management (ESM), Mathematics & Computer Science wishes to notify all students who registered for Practical’s this semester that there will be Biology, Chemistry, Physics, ESM, Mathematics and Computer Science practical in the thirteen (13) practical zones this semester.
The scheduled date for the practical exercise is Tuesday, 2nd of May to Saturday, 20th of May, 2023.

NOTE:

1. The practical scores will be used for students' final assessment instead of the TMA scores (attendance is compulsory).

Note:
Dear Nounite's, be notify that the forthcoming practical will be divided to three sections, the practical will took place as follows:

First session: 09:00am - 12:00pm
Second session: 12:30pm - 03:30pm
Third session: 03:45 pm - 06:45pm

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:02am On May 02, 2023
DivergentSony:
This their information doesn't give one enough clarity about the practical classes attendance

Is it everyday everyone across all departments will be going to VI or practical venues for 3 weeks straight (from May 2 to May 20) at the same time?
Where's the money to burn on tfare for it and do they really have the space and resources to cater for everyone's attendance?

I saw a schedule daily timetable per practical course in 2 batches A & B in one Abeokuta study center on telegram but I don't know it it applies to all study centers in the country or it's only for Abeokuta study center.

So confused right now with questions and no one to answer them🤦.

Kindly find time to visit your practical zone.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 7:04am On May 02, 2023
PRACTICAL REVIEW SUMMARY!!!
(MINUTE OF THE MEETING)

DATE: 27th of APRIL 2023
TIME: 08:00PM - 09:30PM
HOSTED BY: CRP, DRP's/ADMINs
GUEST SPEAKER: DR. INYANG ETIDO (PHY191 Facilitator)
TOPIC: PRACTICAL INTERVIEW

ABOUT OUR GUEST:⬇️
DR. INYANG ETIDO IS A FACILITATOR AT THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, HE TOOK STUDENTS ON THE PRACTICAL COURSE PHY191 AND THE LIKES, HE IS ONE OF THE ELECTED EXECUTIVES BEHIND THE SCHEDULE OF THE PRACTICAL TIME-TABLE, HE IS GOOD CALM AND EASY TO INTERROGATE WITH...

SO WE BROUGHT THE BEST OUT OF HIM AS WE PLEAD YOU ALL READ THE QUESTIONS AND SEE HIS RESPONSE TO EACH QUESTION.

THE MEETING WITH OUR GUESTS DR. INYANG (PHY 191 FACILITATOR) LASTED FOR ABOUT 1 HR 30 MINUTES WITH LOTS OF EXPLANATIONS FROM THE SELFLESS LECTURER WHO GAVE STUDENTS HIS TAKE ON THE PRACTICALS AND EXAMINATION SCHEDULES

THE FOLLOWING WERE QUESTIONS RAISED DURING THE MEETING AND SOLUTIONS TO THEM AFTER 100 LEVEL COURSES REPRESENTATIVE ( AMUSAN TAIWO JOHNSON ) TRIED TO PROJECT QUESTIONS FROM STUDENTS TO THE GUEST SPEAKER.

MATTERS RISING

Q1. HOW MANY MATERIALS ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BRING WHILE COMING FOR THE PRACTICALS

DR.INYANG .E: ALL NOUN STUDENTS INVOLVED IN PRACTICALS ARE EXPECTED TO COME WITH ⬇️

i. A MATHEMATICS SET
ii. A SCIENTIFIC CALCULATOR
iii. YOUR LAB COAT( SHOULD BE BOUGHT OR SEWED BY YOU FROM ANY WHERE, CHOOSE YOUR CHOICE BEFORE COMING FOR THE PRACTICALS)
iv. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE PRACTICAL FILE INSTEAD HE SPECIFICALLY SAID YOUR PRACTICAL MANUAL WILL BE HANDED OVER TO YOU BEFORE ANY PRACTICALS WHEN YOU VISIT YOUR PRACTICAL CENTERS FOR THE PRACTICAL SESSIONS.

ALL PRACTICAL COURSES INCLUDING BIO191 , PHY191, CHM191, HAS PRACTICAL MANUALS THAT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU FOR FREE

SO DO NOT BUY THEM EXCEPT YOU WANT TO TAKE WITH YOU A LOG BOOK OR PRACTICAL NOTE FOR YOUR OWN SELF.

MEANWHILE FOR

MTH101, CIT191 HE SAID HE DOESN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THIS AS MTH101 PRACTICALS WOULD INVOLVE TEACHINGS ON HOW TO USE ONE's COMPUTER TO INSERT MATHEMATICAL CHARACTERS AND VARIABLES DURING THE EXAMS LIKE ADDING SYMBOLS, BRACKETS, SIGNS AND THE REST..

AS FOR CIT191 YOU WILL BE TOLD WHAT TO DO.

Q2.: WHY THE PREPARATORS OF THE TIMETABLE DID NOT START FROM THE NORMAL DAY MAY 1ST FOR BATCH A STUDENTS (IN THE SECOND SEMESTER)

DR. INYANG . E: BECAUSE THERE IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY DOESN'T MEAN WE SHOULD OMIT THE NORMAL DAYS OF THE WEEK, AS A STUDENT YOU ARE TO FOLLOW THE DATE GIVEN TO YOU WHICH 2ND OF MAY TO THE 10TH OF MAY FOR 100&200 LEVEL SECOND SEMESTER STUDENT WHILE 100&200 LEVEL FIRST SEMESTER STUDENT COMMENCE THERE PRACTICAL ON THE 11TH OF MAY TO 20TH OF MAY, SO STUDENT ARE TO GO TO THERE PRACTICAL ZONES ACCORDING TO THE DATE GIVEN NOT ACCORDING TO THE DAYS ON THE PRACTICAL TIME-TABLE
SINCE THAT'S THE NORMAL SCHOOL DAY FOR CONDUCTING OF PRACTICALS
TAKE NOTE: WORK WITH THE DATES ONLY MENTIONED IN BATCH A&B TIMETABLE AND NOT THE DAYS MENTIONED

Q3.: HOW MUCH ARE STUDENTS EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THE PRACTICAL?.

DR. INYANG. E: YOU ARE NOT PAYING ANY MONEY FOR ANY PRACTICAL COURSES JUST GO TO ANY PRACTICAL ZONE OF YOUR CHOICE AND GET YOUR PRACTICAL DONE.
YOU WILL BE PROVIDED WITH AN ATTENDANCE SHEET WHERE YOU WILL FILL IN YOUR RIGHT STUDENT DETAILS E.G YOUR MATRIC NUMBER, YOUR STUDY CENTRE, THE PRACTICAL COURSE YOU ARE DOING AT THE MOMENT ETC.

Q4: (REPETITION OF COURSE) SIR, WHY DID MTH101 APPEARED ON THE BOTH BATCHES.

DR. INYANG. E: THIS COULD BE AN ERROR AND I WILL STATE IT FOR IT TO BE CHANGED, IF ANY COURSES WILL BE CHANGED ON THE TIME-TABLE OF BATCH "A", IT WILL ONLY BE MTH101.

IF YOU ARE SEEING MTH101 - IT MEANS 100 LEVEL STUDENTS OFFERING MATHEMATICS, IN THE FIRST SEMESTER

WHILE MTH102 MEANS 100 LEVEL OFFERING MATHEMATICS IN SECOND SEMESTER

SINCE BATCH "A" IS FOR 100&200 LEVEL IN THE SECOND SEMESTER THE MTH101 WILL BE FOR THE, IT WILL SIMPLY BE ADDRESSED AS MTH102, WHILE BATCH "B" GO FOR THE MTH101 ON THE BATCH "B" TIMETABLE

Q5. (REPETITION OF COURSES) SIR, WHY IS PHY191 AND OTHER COURSES REPEATED ON THE GIVEN TIMETABLE, AND AGAIN SIR, IS IT THE SAME PRACTICAL STUDENT WOULD PERFORM ON THOSE DIFFERENT DAYS?

DR. INYANG .E: THERE ARE DIFFERENT PRACTICALS THAT WILL BE PERFORMED ON EACH DAYS.

TAKING MY COURSE PHY191 AS AN EXAMPLE, PHY191 COURSE HAS 9 DIFFERENT EXPERIMENTS ALONGSIDE OTHER COURSES_
IF YOU CHECK THROUGH YOUR PRACTICAL TIME-TABLE YOU WILL FIND OUT THAT PHY191 APPEARS 9 TIMES, WHICH MEANS YOU ARE TO PERFORM PHY191 EXPERIMENT 9 DIFFERENT TIME, FOR EVERY TIME PHY191 APPEARS ON THE TIME TABLE YOU ARE TO CARRY OUT AN EXPERIMENT, DATE AND TIME OF THESE EXPERIMENTS ARE DIFFERENT

AND THE TIMETABLE WAS DRAFTED IN SUCH A WAY THAT ON A DAY 2HRS ARE GIVEN FOR EACH COURSE FROM 9AM IN THE MORNING TO 6PM IN THE EVENING, NEVERTHELESS THERE IS ONE BREAK, PRACTICAL INSTRUCTORS WILL SET UP THE APPARATUS AND EQUIPMENT FOR THE EXPERIMENT, EACH STUDENT WILL BE GIVEN A MANUAL(STEPS) TO FOLLOW, YOU WILL BE GROUPED IN 5, 10, 20 ETC, YOU WILL BE GROUPED ACCORDING TO WHEN YOU ARRIVED FOR THE EXPERIMENT

SO IT IS QUITE IMPOSSIBLE FOR A STUDENT TO FINISH ALL THE PRACTICALS (EXPERIMENT) FOR ALL COURSES IN ONE DAY SO YOU ARE EXPECTED TO BE IN THE PRACTICAL ZONE ON EACH DAY THE COURSES APPEAR ON THE PRACTICAL TIME-TABLE

Q6.: SIR, CAN A PRACTICAL INSTRUCTOR (LECTURER) CONSIDER WORKING CLASS PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE CHANCED FOR GOOD 10 DAYS OF THE PRACTICAL, BY LETTING THEM PERFORM IF IT'S 3 EXPERIMENTS OF THESE PRACTICAL COURSES IN ONE DAY

DR. INYANG .E: EVERYONE CAN'T BE LIKE ME, I MYSELF WILL BE POSTED TO BENIN & UYO PRACTICAL ZONE, BUT IN OTHER PRACTICAL ZONE THERE WILL BE DIFFERENT PRACTICAL INSTRUCTORS FOR EACH PRACTICAL COURSE.

FROM MY OWN END, I WILL SET UP ALL THE PRACTICAL APPARATUS FOR DIFFERENT EXPERIMENTS AND ALLOW STUDENTS WHO HAVE A GOOD REASON NOT TO BE AVAILABLE ALL THE DAYS TO AT LEAST DO THREE PRACTICALS IN A DAY FOLLOWING THE PRACTICAL COURSE GUIDELINES AND MANUALS
BUT NOT ALL INSTRUCTORS CAN BE LIKE HIM SO ITS EVERYONE'S LUCK

Q7.: SIR, WHAT IS THE PENALTY FOR NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE PRACTICALS AND NOT CARRYING OUT ALL THE WHOLE EXPERIMENTS?

DR. INYANG .E: FOR YOU AS A STUDENT NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE PRACTICAL OR NOT COMPLETING THE EXPERIMENTS ON THE PRACTICAL DAYS, THIS MIGHT LEAD TO ⬇️

i. SUCH STUDENT WILL HAVE INCOMPLETE RESULT, AND WITH INCOMPLETE RESULT YOU CAN NOT BE A GRADUATE IN NOUN UNTIL YOU DO THAT PRACTICAL COURSES

ii. LACK OF PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE IN A SPECIFIC COURSE.

iii. CHEM 191 HASN'T BEEN FACILITATED ONLINE SO ONE STUDENT WOULD NEED TO UNDERSTAND IT BY PRACTICALS.

Q8.: SIR, PLEASE I AM CURRENTLY OUT COUNTRY, I HAVE ONLY ONE PRACTICAL COURSE PLEASE HOW WILL I GO ABOUT IT?

DR. INYANG .E: ANOTHER PERSON CAN GO TO THE PRACTICAL ZONE AND STAND IN FOR YOU, THE PERSON WILL WRITE YOUR MATRICULATION NUMBER AND STUDY CENTRE ON THE ATTENDANCE SHEET, PRACTICAL ARE BEEN DONE WITHOUT A SCHOOL ID CARD, SO YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEND YOUR RELATIVE TO STAND IN FOR YOU
HE OR SHE WILL ATTEMPT THE PRACTICAL ON YOUR BEHALF AND BE AWARDED MARKS BUT YOU THE STUDENTS WOULD MISS OUT ON THE PRACTICAL.

Best Regards
CRP
Signed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Laren24(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2023
When is NOUN admission going to open?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:54pm On May 02, 2023
Laren24:
When is NOUN admission going to open?
It's ongoing..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:56pm On May 02, 2023
Rescheduling of NSC503 and 504

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jeniluv(f): 4:34pm On May 02, 2023
Good evening house...Please when is Project Moderation/Defence coming up this semester?
Also,when is the deadline for submission to enable one partake of the Defence?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2023
Jeniluv:
Good evening house...Please when is Project Moderation/Defence coming up this semester?
Also,when is the deadline for submission to enable one partake of the Defence?
Check the Academic Calendar - June 19th according.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jeniluv(f): 8:44pm On May 02, 2023
Enskynelson:

Check the Academic Calendar - June 19th according.
Oh thanks..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 9:51pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=Mikedu post=122772304]Get help on:

▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tolulope93: 10:15pm On May 02, 2023
Great NOUN, great!!!

Meanwhile are you a DATA SELLER or End User?

Register and start buying data subscription for as low as ₦220 for 1GB.

For a service based organization, our competitive edge is not only the *best price*, we have a team of customer support to attend to your needs immediately.

Join us at https://www.clicksubtelecoms.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:30pm On May 02, 2023
IBADAN STUDY CENTRE!!!

This is to inform all project students, both undergraduates and postgraduates, that physical submission of projects to Faculty Officers has started.

The concerned students are advised to submit on or before Friday, 5th May, 2023.

Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 10:33pm On May 02, 2023
CIT104 PRACTICAL IS NOW ON THURSDAY AND FRIDAY

TIME: 1PM

For all study centres in Lagos

Venue: VI

Come with your lab coat and math set
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by deborah29(f): 12:21pm On May 03, 2023
Good afternoon, please I am in need of someone who can help me to collect my certificate on my behalf at noun headquarter in Abuja.
If you are willing and able to help you can contact me via WhatsApp only 08025211036.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikedu(m): 2:08pm On May 03, 2023
[quote author=Mikedu post=122772304]Get help on:

▶️ TMA assistance
▶️ Past Questions

▶️ Transcript services

* Proficiency letters
* Reference letters
* certificate

Kindly call or contact us via WhatsApp with this number: 07058666109
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by qawa: 2:51pm On May 03, 2023
Your Last Bus-Stop for all National Open University, NOUN Enquires/Solutions

Welcome to 'STUDENT ARRIVE'.....
...more than 7 years of quality service delivery to students! DISTANCE is NEVER a barrier to our services. Tell us what you want and it will be delivered at the comfort of your Home

IMPORTANT PAGES:
(I).Step by Step on NOUN Portal Registration (Returning Students).........
CLICK HERE...

(II). CURRENT NOUN Courses & Fees
a). Available Courses/Programmes in NOUN
b). Registerable Courses this semester
c). Exact fees to pay this semester 2023_2
d). The number of elective Courses to register this semester....
CLICK HERE

(III). NOUN Admission Requirements/Subjects Combinations
CLICK HERE....

(IV). Basic Facts You Need to Know About National Open University, NOUN and TMA
CLICK HERE

GET HELP ON:
▶️ TMA Solutions. (Our target is 30/30)
▶️ 2023_1 Admission Assistance/Enquiry
▶️ NOUN Past Questions (2018-2022) for each semester exams
▶️ Portal Related Issue
▶️ Write-up on: Siwes, Project, Seminar, Business Plan, Plagiarism etc,,,,

For other related updates, VISIT
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samneutron1: 6:10pm On May 05, 2023
Good evening Please how much is PGD education in NOUN for first semester and what is the duration? @Samisha500 @enskynelson please I need you guys help. I want to enroll by September
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Skeelzz(m): 10:32am On May 06, 2023
Please does noun accept PDE for M'ED?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by maxwelltennyson(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2023
please someone should kindly answer this questions:
1.is jamb required to gain admission in noun.
2.how much is the overall fees I have to pay to study economics in noun.
3.when is the next admission taking place.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1514) (1515) (1516) (1517) (1518) (1519) (1520) ... (1582) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.