Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3488252 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kaptinphilz(m): 10:59am On Nov 06, 2014
just 0.5 to make A
Topso1:
I ve 69.5 wen i plus it wit my t.m.a, is my grade A or B
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kaptinphilz(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2014
Franklyn4:
I don't know whether to classify this as system erro or real score. many of us in enugu study centre submitted our exam and most scored below 50 out of 150 questions or 120 questions. I don't know if it has been calculated or if this is the actual score. if u have a clue from a reliable source, pls inform me. thanks.
it also happened in some Lagos centre.i suspect its system error
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kazrem:

Why settling for less when you can do more.
Oga i see person dey celebrate "E" for Phy111 after double C/O
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Slowpois0n: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
donbrowser:

Oga i see person dey celebrate "E" for Phy111 after double C/O
na wa oo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Starluv: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
Hello All,

Please does anyone have information about tomorrow GST 707 exam change of venue? Please if there is change of venue kindly reply and state the venue PLEASE.....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
kaptinphilz:
pls guys i heard noun is offering b.sc economics now.that is the course i wanted to do but was not offered then.Is it possible to switch to it? i am studying accounting 100l.pls advise tnx.

Go to your study center after the exam and confirm from there to make it faster.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gbengalite(m): 4:05am On Nov 07, 2014
Starluv:
Hello All,

Please does anyone have information about tomorrow GST 707 exam change of venue? Please if there is change of venue kindly reply and state the venue PLEASE.....

What center is yours?

Mine is McCarthy and last 2 week i heard it is JKK Building @Town Planning...saw a Printed paper to that effect but still confused, am still consulting sha and it is today.
I'd rather go to the SC first but is an 8am paper
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by gbengalite(m): 4:52am On Nov 07, 2014
Official:

I just confirmed now from a staff of my SC...He told me here in McCarthy PGD student will have there own btw 7-10am only that it will be in batches, so try and come early.

Unofficial:

think the other center thing is just a way of decongesting the centers even though you are still gonna write your paper but there would be crowd cos it is same time for GSt 107, Gst707 and Gst807

I saw this on https://www.facebook.com/NounPoliticalScienceDept

Olubiyi Adewale uploaded a file in the group
Lagos Study Centre Information Centre.
E-EXAM VENUE
The e-exams would at three different venues: ETC,
Ikeja (No. 1, Oba Akran Road, Ikeja); ETC, UNILAG
(Besides Faculty of Social Sciences) and ETC,
Ikorodu Road (JKK House, after Town Planning Bus
Stop). The allocation according to schools are as
follow: School of Arts Social Sciences, Law &
Education is at ETC Ikeja; School of Science and
Technology is at ETC, Ikorodu and School of
Management Sciences, CLL, Access students and
the physically challenged students would be at
ETC, UNILAG. The same notice is hereby attached.
E-EXAM 2014 VENUE.docx · version 1
Olubiyi Adewale
29 mins · Lagos Study Centr...

Hope it helps
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 4:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
Please, I need update on GST107 /707 / 807 scores cos people here are complaining that there's an obvious error in the system scoring process at Enugu SC.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
pricelessmr:
Please, I need update on GST107 /707 / 807 scores cos people here are complaining that there's an obvious error in the system scoring process at Enugu SC.
same here in Osogbo SC.not only GST107 BT some courses as well.. Imagine wen u can't score 60/120 in an exam dat comprises tma only. We need 2 do sumfin b4 tins gt worse.money not Paper o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2014
I think the problem is from the computer program that was created to mark the subjective questions. Imagine, if you typed "Northedge Andrew" as the Author of GST107, you will fail it because the answer is "Andrew Northedge". I also learnt the answers are case sensitive, thus "eLearning" is different from "elearning" which is different from "e-Learning". There were even occasions where one would fail the practice questions in iLearn even if he or she typed the right answer as the computer. I typed "abstract" in one of the iLearn questuons and the computer failed it and still stupidly said that the answer is "abstract" grin.

I think it's high time we complained about this. I think the program that marks the subjective questions should be modified. If their computer experts can improve the program, then let the facilitators be the ones to mark or review the subjective answers provided by students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ORDUDAVID: 7:44am On Nov 08, 2014
Good morning pals, please can someone help me with noun second semester courses for 800 level educational administration and planning. I will highly appreciate it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mimsvbeauty: 11:30am On Nov 08, 2014
Fellow NOUN ladies, , it is the looking extra beautilicious season wink.... SALES SALES SALES!!! 100% beautiful human hair for sale at wholesale prices... Straight from source,, tangle free with guarantee... order yours now...

Contact Mimi on 07016718086
bbm 26364DE2..

NOUN guys, , you are not left out,, a beautiful gift for a damsel grin

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by alakaloko(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2014
ORDUDAVID:
Good morning pals, please can someone help me with noun second semester courses for 800 level educational administration and planning. I will highly appreciate it.
send me a pm
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sessytony(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
dawoyo:

Yeah it's true! I just completed my M.Sc. in Biz Admin.
I am a corper serving in abuja and I obtained noun msc form for bus admin programme. I want to know if NYSC cert is compulsory for registration process? I will lik to knw wat d screening excercise for admission is done
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gentlesoul1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
I need someone to tell me what my likely final score/result will be on GST 807 I scored 25.5 in TMA and I scored 41 in the exam yesterday(though I suspect system error in the grading).
Thank you

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
sessytony:

I am a corper serving in abuja and I obtained noun msc form for bus admin programme. I want to know if NYSC cert is compulsory for registration process? I will lik to knw wat d screening excercise for admission is done

I didn't present mine during my own screening & they never asked for it. The screening process for all degrees/programmes are d same.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Slowpois0n: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Obinoscopy:
I think the problem is from the computer program that was created to mark the subjective questions. Imagine, if you typed "Northedge Andrew" as the Author of GST107, you will fail it because the answer is "Andrew Northedge". I also learnt the answers are case sensitive, thus "eLearning" is different from "elearning" which is different from "e-Learning". There were even occasions where one would fail the practice questions in iLearn even if he or she typed the right answer as the computer. I typed "abstract" in one of the iLearn questuons and the computer failed it and still stupidly said that the answer is "abstract" grin.

I think it's high time we complained about this. I think the program that marks the subjective questions should be modified. If their computer experts can improve the program, then let the facilitators be the ones to mark or review the subjective answers provided by students.
I concur with what you said. it's frustrating to read and understand every bit of a book and prepare for the exam only to score poorly at the end. Just yesterday I scored 53 out of 120 questions in GST 107, I was suprised to score too low in such cheap questions. The same with CIT 101 where i was expecting nothing less than 110 out of 120 questions, i scored 92. NOUN should look into this, its disheartening.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2014
We need to complain to the appropriate quarters. It's disheartening to make a C where u deserved A.

I'm not in Lagos, I would've complained directly to d headquarters. My centre director response was "atleast you passed". NOUN / Cyberspace should engage world- class programmers with experience in AI to handle d scoring algorithm.

@Obynoscopy & Co, how do we send strong signal to the appropriate authorities in NOUN. Email? or hardcopy of letter couriered to d appropriate office?

Obinoscopy:
donplus1:
same here in Osogbo SC.not only GST107 BT some courses as well.. Imagine wen u can't score 60/120 in an exam dat comprises tma only. We need 2 do sumfin b4 tins gt worse.money not Paper o
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2014
I came out of the exams (GST 107) and complained of my scores in public, I ranted and many awaiting to write theirs were laughing and mocking me when I said I suspected system error. am sure their is no way I can score 41/120.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by adeshown: 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hello house I want to obtain noun form pls can I be giving admission to study Accountancy with dis result, Math C6, Eng C6, Yoru C5, Econ C4, Phy C5, Agric C6, Chem C6, Bio D7 pls I need ur reply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2014
bashdecash:
I came out of the exams (GST 107) and complained of my scores in public, I ranted and many awaiting to write theirs were laughing and mocking me when I said I suspected system error. am sure their is no way I can score 41/120.
This is serious. Correction ought to be effected by NOUN before final grade.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ORDUDAVID: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
alakaloko:
send me a pm
please what's pm? Is it my BBM code? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevebent(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
Anyone know the tuition fee?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Slowpois0n: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
ORDUDAVID:
please what's pm? Is it my BBM code? Thanks.

personal message
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sessytony(m): 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2014
dawoyo:

I didn't present mine during my own screening & they never asked for it. The screening process for all degrees/programmes are d same.
tanx.4 d reply. I really want to knw if exams will set during d screening cos i nid to start preparations. kindly help me on wat to expect pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dawoyo(m): 1:02am On Nov 10, 2014
sessytony:

tanx.4 d reply. I really want to knw if exams will set during d screening cos i nid to start preparations. kindly help me on wat to expect pls
Exams will normally take place after screening. Leave ur email address here & I'll forward u d past questions.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by abeytec2016: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2014
hello Rummies...... am abiodun from the Economics department at the national open university Ibadan chapter 100 level first semester....... I would love to meet with other economics and other who would love to be an economics student next semester...... it doesn't matter if u r in Ibadan chapter or u just want to join........ I mean all economics student from all the chapters in Nigeria......... I will be happy to meet all other students thanks....... my number is 08165628984 for my whatsapp u can also give me a call or drop ur number and my email is abeytec2016@gmail.com...... we shall all succeed let's all manage our limited resources and be rational in out decision ..... coming together will help all of us...... thank u
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Abiolabalogun(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2014
abeytec2016:
hello Rummies...... am abiodun from the Economics department at the national open university Ibadan chapter 100 level first semester....... I would love to meet with other economics and other who would love to be an economics student next semester...... it doesn't matter if u r in Ibadan chapter or u just want to join........ I mean all economics student from all the chapters in Nigeria......... I will be happy to meet all other students thanks....... my number is 08165628984 for my whatsapp u can also give me a call or drop ur number and my email is abeytec2016@gmail.com...... we shall all succeed let's all manage our limited resources and be rational in out decision ..... coming together will help all of us...... thank u
Hello abey I will add u on watsapp to chat
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bastien: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Please ooh I'm not seeing ma result for CIT 101,It's showing result not active yet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sessytony(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
dawoyo:

Exams will normally take place after screening. Leave ur email address here & I'll forward u d past questions.
Still expecting d mail. Tanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kaptinphilz(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
adeshown:
Hello house I want to obtain noun form pls can I be giving admission to study Accountancy with dis result, Math C6, Eng C6, Yoru C5, Econ C4, Phy C5, Agric C6, Chem C6, Bio D7 pls I need ur reply
I don't think. It usually 5 credits including English n math plus 3 social science subjects. Just go to their site and confirm though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.