Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3490658 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
harryswift:
hello house please what is the duration for mba program@ NOUN

Four semesters (two years). 22 courses plus seminar and project. 7 courses first semester, 7 courses second semester, 6 courses third semester and two courses plus seminar and project fourth semester.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kmujeeb: 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2014
Please i need GST 105 past questions... please send to ax4ayula@yahoo.com[i][/i].
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundemoxie(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hi house.Pls are NOUN study centers open on Saturdays? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 5:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
tundemoxie:
Hi house.Pls are NOUN study centers open on Saturdays? Thanks
No
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tundemoxie(m): 11:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
Kazrem:

No
tnx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Limerick
Kazrem

anyone
please do you no if the scoring issue has been rectified?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Adetadey: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2014
Gudmorning, pls can we calculate our G.P or CGPA. cos ill like to know where I fall. pls reply asap.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 10:29am On Nov 17, 2014
godstino2002:

They just introduced that-ilearn.
E mail godstino2002@yahoo.co.uk
my broda did u see my mail?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jerrytec: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2014
Hello NOUNite I just got admission into NOUN to study Economics my study center is McCarthy v.i Lagos. I want to find out if registration has started I was told it will start January but I just want to be sure it has not being changed. Pls text me on 08090540406 or email me jerryjoseph817@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
olumbha:

my broda did u see my mail?

Yea.A replied msg has been sent
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
godstino2002:

Yea.A replied msg has been sent
i did not see ur reply sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Summer5000: 6:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
Any one here who wants to enrol for the e-learning program
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by teecode: 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello everyone,

Please i want to ask about 2 things.......

1. (Before the collection of Certificate during Convocation) does NOUN issue STATEMENT OF RESULT?
Why i ask this question is that if i finish (and pass) all my courses/exams in April, must i have to wait till the next Convocation (January of the following year) before getting anything to show that i'm through with my Degree program? Because i need to provide my result in my place of work as soon as possible.

2. What are the incentives for being a First Class student (having CGP of 4.5 and above) in NOUN?

Anyone to help with answers to these questions?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 10:46am On Nov 18, 2014
teecode:
Hello everyone,

Please i want to ask about 2 things.......

1. (Before the collection of Certificate during Convocation) does NOUN issue STATEMENT OF RESULT?
Why i ask this question is that if i finish (and pass) all my courses/exams in April, must i have to wait till the next Convocation (January of the following year) before getting anything to show that i'm through with my Degree program? Because i need to provide my result in my place of work as soon as possible.

2. What are the incentives for being a First Class student (having CGP of 4.5 and above) in NOUN?

Anyone to help with answers to these questions?

No 1 question. Yes, u get ur statement of result as soon as u are cleared.

No 2: No idea. Having first class or CGP of 4.5 and above is for ur own good. U must not wait for an incentive before doing what is good for ursef and will benefit u for life.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:14am On Nov 18, 2014
JigsawKillah:
Limerick
Kazrem

anyone
please do you no if the scoring issue has been rectified?
Which scoring issue? I don't think there's problem with the scoring as far as am concerned. It's what you do that you get.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2014
Kazrem:

Which scoring issue? I don't think there's problem with the scoring as far as am concerned. It's what you do that you get.
Which was ur exam format this semester: electronic or pen-on-paper?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Which was ur exam format this semester: electronic or pen-on-paper?
I understand where you are going. Am doing e exam.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2014
Kazrem:

I understand where you are going. Am doing e exam.
Did you observe the ffg:

Some subjective/objective questions couldn't be answered

Some subjective questions involved typing in equation (now how do you type a quadratic equation using the basic keyboard buttons?)

The subjective questions were case sensitive (PROMPT is different from prompt which is different from Prompt)

The scoring system for the iLearn practice questions were erratic (even a rightly answered question was failed and the correct answer provided by iLearn was the same answer that was failed!)

The courses with 35 exam questions was marked differently from those with 120 questions (the former is marked over 70 while the later is 120)

Did you observe the things I listed above?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Obinoscopy:
Did you observe the ffg:

Some subjective/objective questions couldn't be answered

Some subjective questions involved typing in equation (how you type a quadratic equation using the basic heyboard buttons?)

The subjective questions were case sensitive (PROMPT is different from prompt which is different from Prompt)

The scoring system for the iLearn practice questions were erratic (even a rightly answered question was failed and the correct answer provided by iLearn was the same answer that was failed!)

The courses with 35 exam questions was marked differently from those with 120 questions (the former is marked over 70 while the later is 120)

Did you observe the things I listed above?
Your very observant, today I wrote mth281 (mathhs method) my course mate scored 40 out of 35 questions, I scored 26. And we know our levels. Am confused.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vicdon(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2014
H
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Okponee: 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
hallo guys!
Pls is it possible for one to finish his PGD programme in NOUN and proceed for M.Sc. programme immediately after? Will NOUN give us at least a statement of result after graduation before the Certificate is out?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Okponee:
hallo guys!
Pls is it possible for one to finish his PGD programme in NOUN and proceed for M.Sc. programme immediately after? Will NOUN give us at least a statement of result after graduation before the Certificate is out?

Someone asked this question before. The answer is YES.

Also, u can start ur M. Sc. as soon as you are cleared from PGD programme.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Saheed69(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Just got admission letter today (19 nov 2014) for Direct Entry into 200level Accounting

Study center Abeokuta

Please wats is the next step to complete my registration?

I need ur help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 9:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
afangide:
Your very observant, today I wrote mth281 (mathhs method) my course mate scored 40 out of 35 questions, I scored 26. And we know our levels. Am confused.

I scored 40/35 in mth133
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by olumbha(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2014
Can someone give me ful details on how to run undergraduate in NOUN. I plan to obtain dia form but i need someone at undergraduate level to put me tru i want to go for education(biology) give me ur email to contact u so we can talk better
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jom28gy(m): 11:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Please want admission can they give admission while awaiting results?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
olumbha:
Can someone give me ful details on how to run undergraduate in NOUN. I plan to obtain dia form but i need someone at undergraduate level to put me tru i want to go for education(biology) give me ur email to contact u so we can talk better

www.nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
jom28gy:
Please want admission can they give admission while awaiting results?

No, I don't think so
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2014
kmujeeb:
Please i need GST 105 past questions... please send to ax4ayula@yahoo.com[i][/i].

Bro.......no be only u oooo.If anyone could help with the past question.....I will soo much appreciate it
How do I get the past question self?? The one advertised by noun on the i-learn platform is not real
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Succylomo: 12:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hello,
Please i need help. i am NOUN student. during the exam, my slip was seize in the name of written something on it. now they av wrote exam malpratice on it and that i will av to face panel.
Please are there any one with such experience and if i face the panel what likely to be the repercussion?

You can help me to reply to my email feykem82@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.