Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3492885 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2015
Kazrem:
Yes I remember.
A friend failed to register for exam in just concluded semester despite that he paid for course registration and did all his tma. He wants to add like 4 courses to the six he missed this semester. What does he need to do next semester? Hope he will not pay for course registration of the courses he registered but not done this semester. What about his tma? Will he redo them? What does he just need to do next semester?
Nixowl
emmyvet please help.

BTW I visited the site you posted above but do not see where to post comment @Nixowl

Sorry for the delay in response

Next semester he can add more courses if and only if he have not reach the 24units of course (that is from the old semester) then he can add more courses to get 24units.

Then for the old courses (missed exam)
let him write the TMAs and the register only the exams
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:30pm On May 23, 2015
emmyvet:

Sorry for the delay in response

Next semester he can add more courses if and only if he have not reach the 24units of course (that is from the old semester) then he can add more courses to get 24units.

Then for the old courses (missed exam)
let him write the TMAs and the register only the exams
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kolly4gunn: 9:34pm On May 23, 2015
Hi guys pls I really need ur advise...I finished my ND last year now current working with one ISP company at lekki, I earn 40k every month....Now i'm confuse I want to go back for my HND or continue my work and apply for Noun DE... since I can work and run Noun degree.........
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmyvet(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2015
kolly4gunn:
Hi guys pls I really need ur advise...I finished my ND last year now current working with one ISP company at lekki, I earn 40k every month....Now i'm confuse I want to go back for my HND or continue my work and apply for Noun DE... since I can work and run Noun degree.........

NOUN is ment for people like you! Apply your direct entry in NOUN and work.
Noun is work and learn!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2015
Hello NOUNites....

Pls i need LAW 100 TMA answers...
Pls i heard dat Tma is closing today

Anyone with the solution can send to my email...

Louisgudlyf@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AdeoyeAdekunle: 12:09pm On May 25, 2015
pls houx...just want 2 kno if dos writing exam @ UNILAG write's there exam today? jus want to confirm if postponed or not, cos I av paper 2mawo & dis fuel scarcity is war ooooo
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chill16r(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2015
Noun has started this withholding/ pending of results that are so common in secular universities. They tell you to write after which nothing will be done about it, even while they keep withholding more every semester. The excuse they give is that u may have forgotten to write ur mat no. on ur answer script. Am experiencing this problem.
From the time i started writing exam in Noun, i do write my Mat. No. On top of all d pages of my answer sheets.
And u all know in Noun, if u have outstanding, you pay registration fee of 15,000 again if its 1st semester b4 u register any course.
We have to do something about it. Don't wait until u are affected
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Reuben2012(m): 9:08pm On May 25, 2015
Hello house, I want to know if NOUN is part of Accredited institution that can claim exemption for ICAN examinations most especially an Accounting graduate from NOUN. THANKS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Breathtaker(m): 10:30pm On May 25, 2015
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by scarr: 4:02am On May 26, 2015
Reuben2012:
Hello house, I want to know if NOUN is part of Accredited institution that can claim exemption for ICAN examinations most especially an Accounting graduate from NOUN. THANKS
Not sure if its accredited for exemption but Bsc in Accounting in Noun is linked with Ican. In other words, once u complete ur bsc ull be ACA Chartered
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 9:18am On May 27, 2015
Reuben2012:

Go to ICAN website through this link and mail them to confirm . http://www.icanig.org/ican/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nnennyagunwa: 11:35am On May 27, 2015
Pls anybody with info on MPA enugu S/C discussion class
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by matmatman(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2015
HELLO! PLEASE CAN I STILL GO AHEAD TO APPLY FOR MASTERS DEGREE PROGramme FOR 2014/2015 SESSION? HEARED ADMISSION IS STILL ON! QUICK RESPONSE. okpasmartin@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by deleib(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2015
I saw the name of NOUN among the schools accredited for NYSC on NYSC portal. So i wanna really be in the know as to weather their graduates have started going for mobilization.

Any new graduates of NOUN can help with the info, pls.
http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/VerifySenateLists

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JigsawKillah(m): 12:45pm On May 28, 2015
deleib:
I saw the name of NOUN among the schools accredited for NYSC on NYSC portal. So i wanna really be in the know as to weather their graduates have started going for mobilization.

Any new graduates of NOUN can help with the info, pls.
http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc2/VerifySenateLists

why are there no courses beneath it?
any clue?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 7:45am On May 29, 2015
Anybody with an idea of a project topic nd materials for PGD IT?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 29, 2015
how much is the fresh student paying?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2015
fakeprophet:
how much is the fresh student paying?
I heard it's like 70k
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 29, 2015
dickoflife:
I heard it's like 70k
thanks man
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jaz(m): 10:24pm On May 29, 2015
Guys how many years is d duration for a law degree and political science degree
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2015
i missed 3 exam, due 2 changing of exam timetable. pls am i go 2 re-register d 3 courses and also re-register d 3 courses 4 exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Gluthatione: 10:16am On May 30, 2015
Breathtaker:
How do NOUN treat repeated courses? I had F9 in a particular course last semester, however, I just wrote it this semester and I think I did well, I'll make an A. Now my question is: will my failing the course last semester in any way affect me( base on my Gp calculation)?
Though i don't know how this is being treated in NOUN but in most institutn we u failed a paper after d re-sit u can never av "A" in d that course again d highest would be "C" surely it wil affect ur GP.So it is better to postpone exam in NOUN than failing it.
Shalom!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 11:37am On May 30, 2015
kolly4gunn:

Continue with your work and apply to NOUN via DE and earn a BSc. You will be happier with this option. Subsequently, you may register for MSc in any university of your choice.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jaz(m): 11:40am On May 30, 2015
Any response here guys
jaz:
Guys how many years is d duration for a law degree and political science degree
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 3:03pm On May 30, 2015
jaz:
Any response here guys

Pol science is 4yrs, Law is 5yrs. If you go through direct entry, then it's n-1yrs
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 3:07pm On May 30, 2015
pricelessmr:

Pol science is 4yrs, Law is 5yrs. If you go through direct entry, then it's n-1yrs
how long for msc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pricelessmr: 3:14pm On May 30, 2015
dickoflife:
how long for msc
MSc is effectively 2to3 semesters.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 3:46pm On May 30, 2015
stevohdee:
i missed 3 exam, due 2 changing of exam timetable. pls am i go 2 re-register d 3 courses and also re-register d 3 courses 4 exam?

You don't need to re-register d 3 courses again...and also you don't need to re-register d 3 courses for Exam again next semester....

All you have to do is to re-do your TMA (d 3 courses).... and take d Exam slip to your exam center next semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 30, 2015
how will i be allocated to my project supervisor
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jaz(m): 10:02pm On May 30, 2015
thanks. one more Q.

What are the requirements for direct entry to both degrees ?
pricelessmr:

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 11:58pm On May 30, 2015
pricelessmr:

MSc is effectively 2to3 semesters.
thanks, going for screening and registration next week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.