Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475226 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afelouz(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2015
pls house, can one still purchase bank pin after matriculation?
i don't knw if its late already because i just want to enroll for pgd.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HelperDeji(m): 9:15am On Aug 31, 2015
Uniosun 1st list is knocking at the door,sucess and God's favour to the aspirant.
for Private centers for Waec candidates should contact *Deji on 08137855889
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 31, 2015
dickoflife:
are you a ph.d holder or doctorate?
Both are the same thing. Does that Kazrem know who an intending PhD student is?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

Both are the same thing. Does that Kazrem know who an intending PhD student is?
Bro I know very well and in fact I do tell people that mine Dr is PhD or Doctorate but didn't want to "expose" his (the original quoter) ignorance but here I am I now look like the ignorant.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
dickoflife:
so you have an M.sc?
Not yet
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2015
Kazrem:

Bro I know very well and in fact I do tell people that mine Dr is PhD or Doctorate but didn't want to "expose" his (the original quoter) ignorance but here I am I now look like the ignorant.
The first statement was for him. Answer urs.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:
The first statement was for him. Answer urs.
What an intending PhD student mean you meant? I mean to have Doctorate degree. Who is an intending PhD student to you?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 31, 2015
Kazrem:

What an intending PhD student mean you meant?
I mean to have Doctorate degree. Who is an intending PhD student to you?
A person who has the qualifications and willingness to apply for a PhD position. I read your message to new comers. You have to read it again and correct things like where you used taught instead of thought.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LOUIS6(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2015
Hello... NOUNites

Has anyone seen his or her last semester result on these courses....??

CIT 102 - Application software skills

CSS 132 - Ethnography and social structure of Nigeria.

CSS 134 - Geography of Nigeria

CSS 152 - Introduction to Nigerian criminal Law

GST 102 - Use of English and Communication skills II.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kazrem:

We are currently in a new session. You can still meet up. A friend is just about to purchase the form too. Unless you want to stay till January. How to apply: Go to any Zenith, eco or fcmb bank with 5k. Get the undergraduate pin and go online (nou.edu.ng) to fill it.

Good afternoon sir, pls sir in which form is the pin sir? Is it in form scratch card cos am apply for undergrad. form this morning. Osogbo center
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevohdee(m): 12:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
I thought UTME is compulsory in NOUN 4 an applicant 2 gain admission but his only free frm post-utme. Am i correct or nt?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by beehighdee(m): 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2015
stevohdee:
I thought UTME is compulsory in NOUN 4 an applicant 2 gain admission but his only free frm post-utme. Am i correct or nt?
both re free, it's only money dat compulsory
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by meekmill(m): 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
guys pls i dont have maths on my weac, can i gain admission
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afangide(m): 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
meekmill:
NO
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
meekmill:

Are you a Science or an Art student? If you are a Science student you won't gain admission but if you are an Art you will gain admission into law or mass communication provided your grade in Maths is not lower than D7
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

A person who has the qualifications and willingness to apply for a PhD position. I read your message to new comers. You have to read it again and correct things like where you used taught instead of thought.
a p.d holder isn't necessarily the equivalent of a doctorate. A ph.d holder has completed the rqeuirement for the conferrement of the degree while a doctorate holder might be an M.phil holder who has satisfied the requirement for a ph.d but yet to complete a long essay or dissertation at times spanning the length of 7,500 words. Have I answered the question?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2015
dickoflife:
a p.d holder isn't necessarily the equivalent of a doctorate. A ph.d holder has completed the rqeuirement for the conferrement of the degree while a doctorate holder might be an M.phil holder who has satisfied the requirement for a ph.d but yet to complete a long essay or dissertation at times spanning the length of 7,500 words. Have I answered the question?
OK but M.Phil is not a doctorate degree? M.Phil is a requirement (a bridge program like pgd is before M.Sc) to do a PhD or a certificate but not a PhD.
Note doctorate could house M.Phil, PhD etc (just as postgraduate houses Pgd, PGDE, M.Sc, MA etc) while PhD is the terminal for all. So your question should have been worded differently.

Your question would have been more suitable as PhD or M.Phil.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please, what is the minimum number of credits per semester for PGD IT?

is it 15 for each semester? project included
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
dayjahvoo:
Please, what is the minimum number of credits per semester for PGD IT?

is it 15 for each semester? project included
Bros, it is 30 with ur project of 6 units but in order to ensure u have it right, add 5 or 8 units extra. NOUN can swallow ur results oh.

By semester, any units u and ur fund can carry, not forgetting the limiter of 24 units but don't forget d first paragraph.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Good afternoon sir, pls sir in which form is the pin sir? Is it in form scratch card cos am apply for undergrad. form this morning. Osogbo center
It is not scratch card. The pin is on a print out A4 paper.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

Thank you very much for your observation. I will make correction. I didn't actually read the article twice before sending it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
Kazrem:
It is not scratch card. The pin is on a print out A4 paper.
Yes I got it done.. Thnks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

OK but M.Phil is not a doctorate degree? M.Phil is a requirement (a bridge program like pgd is before M.Sc) to do a PhD or a certificate but not a PhD.
Note doctorate could house M.Phil, PhD etc (just as postgraduate houses Pgd, PGDE, M.Sc, MA etc) while PhD is the terminal for all. So your question should have been worded differently.

Your question would have been more suitable as PhD or M.Phil.
an error in omission, I used a phone and was in a haste, I am not so unschooled as you are trying to paint me. Shalom.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
dickoflife:
an error in omission, I used a phone and was in a haste, I am not so unschooled as you are trying to paint me. Shalom.
OK... no worries. Don't be in haste next time.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dickoflife(m): 5:14pm On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

OK... no worries. Don't be in haste next time.
that's my business..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lakesidepapa(m): 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2015
honourableseyi:

I will not advise you write the HQ yet. It is too early for that. Since it is an E-exam, the case of paper missing can't arise hence the need to be cool with them. However, you can list the courses on this thread and on NOUN group facebook page and ask if anyone that did the courses has seen his or her result. With that, you will know if the results have been released or not; then you will know the next step to take. They release the results batch by batch.
Bros, I obtained my form today. Bsc economics. Thnks for the other time. Hope ur stuff still dey tight
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by paulooma(m): 5:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please need an answer....abeg

Please, I am intending to apply for a degree in Communication Technology with my HND (Electrical/Electronics) Distinction result...Is it applicable? and if yes, Which level am I going to start from? Thanks........ When is the admission going to close.... Thanks all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SlimBrawnie(f): 6:00pm On Aug 31, 2015
We are glad to inform the members of the general public and all concerned persons, more especially the Alumni’s of the National Open University Of Nigeria, NOUN that their 2013 NYSC call up Numbers are now ready for collection.
All Alumnis are to visit their NOUN various centres to collect their NYSC call up numbers.
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook.
Below is the current N.O.U.N Academic Calender for 2015 Session
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF I NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
(Office of the Registrar (Academic)

Finally NYSC APPROVED

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LizMatt: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
Please, I intend to apply for a Masters degree in Mass Communication with my BSc (Accounting),3yrs broadcasting experience...do i stand a chance? if yes, Can i still obtain admission/Reg form for the current semester and how? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
kosplateau:

Bros, it is 30 with ur project of 6 units but in order to ensure u have it right, add 5 or 8 units extra. NOUN can swallow ur results oh.

By semester, any units u and ur fund can carry, not forgetting the limiter of 24 units but don't forget d first paragraph.

thanks boss.
now just one clarification, "30 with ur project of 6 units" does that mean 36units or is the project units in the 30?
please answer kiss
kosplateau:

thanks boss.
now just one clarification, "30 with ur project of 6 units" does that mean 36units or is the project units in the 30?
please answer
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
We are glad to inform the members of the general public and all concerned persons, more especially the Alumni’s of the National Open University Of Nigeria, NOUN that their 2013 NYSC call up Numbers are now ready for collection.
All Alumnis are to visit their NOUN various centres to collect their NYSC call up numbers.
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook.
Below is the current N.O.U.N Academic Calender for 2015 Session
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF I NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND, LAGOS
(Office of the Registrar (Academic)

Finally NYSC APPROVED
Please wait till you see a NOUN graduate in Khaki
Good News all the same

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (1579) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CornOak(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.