Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,822 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489918 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
gudevening ppl. Pls is anybody here having d adjusted lagos e-exam tym table sud pls send it to me i beg. Entrepre. Nd bus. Mgt. ayoopeyemi1@yahoo.com. Thanks ya all. Or 07030409247
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by willox(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
gudevening ppl. Pls is anybody here having d adjusted lagos e-exam tym table sud pls send it to me i beg. Entrepre. Nd bus. Mgt. ayoopeyemi1@yahoo.com. Thanks ya all. Or 07030409247.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
pls i want to know where the ikeja study centre students are writing there exams. God bless
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by somtiano2(m): 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Pls does that means i can now go 2 my sturdy center,awka Precisely, 2 go and collect my matric number?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hi House,i'd like to know the minimum number of registrable courses in a semester i.e:is it possible to register 6,7 or 8 per semester??.
I know maximum number of unit is 25 including electives,so what's the minimum?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 28, 2013
Xsolutions: Hi House,i'd like to know the minimum number of registrable courses in a semester i.e:is it possible to register 6,7 or 8 per semester??.
I know maximum number of unit is 25 including electives,so what's the minimum?

Add up while looking at 25.Or u just register 10.But I did not follow that limit.I registered up to 18 examinable courses this semester.I have done 15 so far,three to go. The question is what makes you pile up courses and can you handle them financially and academically?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 28, 2013
ferdimako:

Add up while looking at 25.But I did not follow that limit. I registered up to 18 examinable courses this semester.I have done 15 so far,three to go. The question is what makes you pile up courses and can you handle them financially and academically?
I salute oh...but i just wanted to know if registering @ least 6 to 7 per semester is possible?
The program i'm going for is 4yrs but i don't mind spacing it out to 5yrs(this is allowed in Open university right?)as that would suit me perfectly.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dimdim001(m): 11:10am On Feb 28, 2013
Due to some circumstance, I missed MTH121 exam...For people who did it, how many questions was it and how many objectives and theories
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nicholasjoseph: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Is natonal open university studying philosophy?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
Xsolutions: I salute oh...but i just wanted to know if registering @ least 6 to 7 per semester is possible?
The program i'm going for is 4yrs but i don't mind spacing it out to 5yrs(this is allowed in Open university right?)as that would suit me perfectly.

Yep, u can do 1 paper. You can defer a semester or session.You can stay 10 yrs.I hope am not arrogant but no law is broken when you move as slow as it suits you.It looks like they prefer people who take just 5-6 courses each semester.I had to force my way out, to do other things and I hate the town am in now, if I don't finish now I might jettison the whole thing. So carry go, only small small.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Nicholas joseph: Is natonal open university studying philosophy?

Check their site but I do not think they do.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
Guys pls where are the apapa study centre students doing there E-exams .. So urgent pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Princeadedayo07(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pls for dose in apapa study centre are you having Englsih GST101 tommorrow friday 1st march... Pls reply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dimdim001(m): 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2013
If u wanna defer, do u just ignore paying for dat semester or is dere a special way of doin' it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
dimdim001: If u wanna defer, do u just ignore paying for dat semester or is dere a special way of doin' it

Jus bone!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
dimdim001: Due to some circumstance, I missed MTH121 exam...For people who did it, how many questions was it and how many objectives and theories

U do it next semester which has started.It is normally 35 involving obj and fill-in.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 7:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
i have a problem please help........ I registered a compulsory course dis semester (heat and property of matter) and to my suprise..... The TMA did nt apear in my portal whereas my course mates got it in their portal and even write d exam last week. I am just confused right now. I av made lots of complain but to no avail.pls somebody should help
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
ferdimako:

U do it next semester which has started.It is normally 35 involving obj and fill-in.
@ferdimako, pls l want u to enlight me a little on this maths issue.........
I wrote mth121 today and out of 35 questions i was expecting to score at least 30 but to my surprise the computer gave me 20..... I just want to kw if there is anyway to anrwering the fill in the gaps in math course expecially in the area of calculation...... I kw that if they use hand to mark my paper i will score nothing less than 30 out of 35..... A friend of mine told me that the answers have been programed on the computer and in the area of fill in the gaps, for the computer to recognise ur answer u must put it the way it should be.
Let me give u an example of what my friend told me.... There are some questions that was composed like this:-
a+2b-c=5
2a-3b+c=2
a-b+2c=1. Then, ..........., ............ & .......... Let say the answers are a=5, b= -2 & c=3.... If we put it In this format, the computer will mark it correct and if we put it like this..... 5, -2 & 3, though u got the answers correct but in a wrong format, the computer will mark it wrong. Pls is this true?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Shexy1983:
@ferdimako, pls l want u to enlight me a little on this maths issue.........
I wrote mth121 today and out of 35 questions i was expecting to score at least 30 but to my surprise the computer gave me 20..... I just want to kw if there is anyway to anrwering the fill in the gaps in math course expecially in the area of calculation...... I kw that if they use hand to mark my paper i will score nothing less than 30 out of 35..... A friend of mine told me that the answers have been programed on the computer and in the area of fill in the gaps, for the computer to recognise ur answer u must put it the way it should be.
Let me give u an example of what my friend told me.... There are some questions that was composed like this:-
a+2b-c=5
2a-3b+c=2
a-b+2c=1. Then, ..........., ............ & .......... Let say the answers are a=5, b= -2 & c=3.... If we put it In this format, the computer will mark it correct and if we put it like this..... 5, -2 & 3, though u got the answers correct but in a wrong format, the computer will mark it wrong. Pls is this true?

It could be true and some symbols you can't locate hinder you and lower ur scores. Like u want to type in a^2 and you can't see it and type in ax2 mehn that na failure.Just be familiar with the symbols.I did Mth241 and got 30 out of 35. So manage all with ur computer skills and some questions do not stay after u checked them and they will work against you after submission.Overall NOUN is improving!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Shexy1983: 4:08am On Mar 01, 2013
ferdimako:

It could be true and some symbols you can't locate hinder you and lower ur scores. Like u want to type in a^2 and you can't see it and type in ax2 mehn that na failure.Just be familiar with the symbols.I did Mth241 and got 30 out of 35. So manage all with ur computer skills and some questions do not stay after u checked them and they will work against you after submission.Overall NOUN is improving!
i dont have any problem with computer operation in anyway.... Am a computer literate and i've been operating computer since i was in secondary sch..... I kw hw to use the computer symbols very well...... There are some questions that are nt correct and some answers are nt in the options too.
It will be ok, if NOUN can make it POP in all levels. Abi
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 01, 2013
Shexy1983:
i dont have any problem with computer operation in anyway.... Am a computer literate and i've been operating computer since i was in secondary sch..... I kw hw to use the computer symbols very well...... There are some questions that are nt correct and some answers are nt in the options too.
It will be ok, if NOUN can make it POP in all levels. Abi

May be with time..every course goes POP.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
please house mates does anyone have idea on how GPA is calculated in NOUN.What marks are allocated for A, B, C, D, E,and F.Also are there grades like AB, BC in NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chinwe2013: 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
pls guys i went to my study center today for screening and saw matured pple there.should i be intemidated by them.........jst need word of encouragement pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by c33b33(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
chinwe2013: pls guys i went to my study center today for screening and saw matured pple there.should i be intemidated by them.........jst need word of encouragement pls
Jah!some fellows and their question...why will you get intimidated by people you will probably meet only during exams?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by chinwe2013: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
does it mean that lectures are on line
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by somtiano2(m): 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
i went to d awka center and they said they havent started registration that its after d exam, how true is that?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
chinwe2013: pls guys i went to my study center today for screening and saw matured pple there.should i be intemidated by them.........jst need word of encouragement pls

You still do not have an idea? How underage are you? No lectures unless you want facilitations.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pls house, how is the grading? Is A 70% upwards or 80% and what about B C D E?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ejaay: Pls house, how is the grading? Is A 70% upwards or 80% and what about B C D E?

Read like 10 pages back.I personally addressed that issue.Repetition is not my thing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Kokopos: please house mates does anyone have idea on how GPA is calculated in NOUN.What marks are allocated for A, B, C, D, E,and F.Also are there grades like AB, BC in NOUN.

Read like 10 pages back.I personally addressed that issue.Repetition is not my thing.AB,BC,AC are for Polytechnics.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by somtiano2(m): 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Pls hauz, have d screening started? If nt wen is't Starting? Abeg asap
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mtcole07(f): 10:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
PLS DO WE HAVE TSM141 2MOROW AT 10AM? JUST HEARD IT NOW

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pepperoniq(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.