Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475517 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (1579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
osic:

WHICH STUDY CENTRE IS THIS NOTICE FOR?
. Apapa Study centre
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nuheights(m): 10:12pm On Feb 25, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Go to ur study centre.. Complain to ur School counselor or ur admin (HOD)
Thanks very much, Anthonyo15! I will do that next week.
God! It's so depressing!!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:08am On Feb 26, 2017
MEANING OF SEMESTER COUNT

Semester Count is the number of semesters you have spent in NOUN including your current semester. For example, if you are in 100Level second semester, it means you have spent two semesters in NOUN. Therefore, your semester count is two.

You will be asked your semester count when registering on the portal.

If you are in 300L first semester, your semester count is 5.

Below is the meticulous breakdown.

100L first semester, semester count = 1
100L second semester =2
200L first semester =3
200L second semester = 4
300L first semester = 5
300L second semester = 6
400L first semester = 7
400L second semester = 8

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by josh4christ(m): 1:03am On Feb 26, 2017
Phiheywhy1:

Which bank is preferable to make payment??

I used first bank. it it was smooth and fast
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 8:02am On Feb 26, 2017
Pls is anyone experiencing course registration difficulties with MSc. Mass comm?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2017
Pls help,if i dont proceed to paymentt of sch fees and others after clearance,will my admission be withdrawn?cos i couldn't get money i was expecting,so i am looking at next yr jan to continue.

Cc.Kazrem,Anthony15
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sonofgodfrey(m): 8:35am On Feb 26, 2017
hello fellow students in the house. i checked my result recently and i found out that one complete semester was not added to the list and that in turn damaged my cgpa and all. please can anyone tell me how to report this to noun?? via email or any other way apart from me going to my study centre .

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasolayimika(f): 8:53am On Feb 26, 2017
Anthony15 My younger sis can only see 2 of her last semester's result out 9(200l Accounting) .. Is there anything that can be done? Or is it that the results are being released in batches?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kbshow100(m): 9:14am On Feb 26, 2017
I feel so bad with the results, i failed just one course. In which I'm not suppose to fail.
This course is what is keeping me from graduating from the school. Please any way out? Msc info tech
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bashdecash(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2017
I just printed my results and saw 4 courses recorded as 0 credit units.

I'm very sure nothing has been added to my last semester results apart from my exams scores which made me not to have even a single 'A' with even an F in a course I had 30/30 in TMA.

Is unfortunate!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2017
BY: L. DILA Maiduguri study Center 

Independent investigation attributed the mass failure of some NOUN students to the unceremonious shutdown of the university portal sometimes in the last quarter of 2016 as well as the inability of most students to complete the tutors marked assessment (TMA). 

While contemplating whether or not the management will use the TMA in computing their results, It was understood that communication gap between the school and students rendered most students to be reluctant to writing the exams. This has dampened the morale of the students. Hence, they could not concentrate on exam preparations. 

In lieu therefore, NOUN management may wish to consider updating the students on all developments as it affects them. This is with a view to minimizing avoidable failures of students during examination.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 11:06am On Feb 26, 2017
Oluwasolayimika:
Anthony15 My younger sis can only see 2 of her last semester's result out 9(200l Accounting) .. Is there anything that can be done? Or is it that the results are being released in batches?
yea and the site is temporarily down which they are working in uploading the results, and also correcting some errors in the result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 11:44am On Feb 26, 2017
bashdecash:
I just printed my results and saw 4 courses recorded as 0 credit units.

I'm very sure nothing has been added to my last semester results apart from my exams scores which made me not to have even a single 'A' with even an F in a course I had 30/30 in TMA.

Is unfortunate!
U are not alone bro, I had 6 courses recorded as 0unit, I did these courses in 2014 o, imagine the effect it will have on my CGPA.. There should be a way to lodge a complain. U can contact me for the vc mail on whatsapp 0.806.7362.841
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Profandie(m): 1:09pm On Feb 26, 2017
Happy Sunday people
Has anyone been able to print his or her admission letter these past few days?
Please urgent answers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Majestee:
Pls help,if i dont proceed to paymentt of sch fees and others after clearance,will my admission be withdrawn?cos i couldn't get money i was expecting,so i am looking at next yr jan to continue.

Cc.Kazrem,Anthony15
Ensure you have your matric number.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Kazrem:

Ensure you have your matric number.
already given matric number.thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ronk3(f): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good pm, please I need help from the PGDE Third semester students or anybody that knows the amount that we are to pay for the project and Teaching practice. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oluwasolayimika(f): 4:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Okay. Thanks
Anthonyo15:
yea and the site is temporarily down which they are working in uploading the results, and also correcting some errors in the result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kejilee(m): 6:01pm On Feb 26, 2017
(Episode 1) Chronicle of a Royal Prince and the Devil Incarnate

I was born with a silver spoon; my parents were the crème de la crème of society being that, my mother was the only daughter of the Oba of Lagos, and my father, the chairman of Balon Oil group. Suffice it to say, I was destined for a good life… or not.

I was six years old when mother died. That day was the worst day of my life, it was the day that the stars aligned for evil, and the Universe changed my lot. The day before mother died, she had taken me, her beloved son on a shopping spree because Christmas was in two days. She had been so busy with her fashion house, that I had thought that this year’s Christmas would be my day of mockery as I would not be wearing any new clothes. We shopped the length and breadth of Balogun market, entering only the exclusive stores with their expensive, state-of-the-art interior décor. In this kind of stores, you must be alighting from a 2016 model of car, and be dressed in new season clothes, for any of the salesperson to attend you. After shopping, the six years old me needed a break; mother took me to a fast food restaurant, where I had lots of ice cream and pop tarts to satisfy my little heart. How would I have known that this would be my last time with mother? It was like the biblical last supper.

I slept like a prince, counting the days to Christmas, when I could show off my new expensive attire to the other rich kids in the estate. I always wore the best even when the other kids had richer parents because, when money meets a fashionista, a novel idea is birthed. Mother was fashion oriented so she had an eye for design and fabric, with this precision; she picked my clothes at the store. I was in lala land when I heard a piercing scream; it was unmistakably my mother’s. I Jumped out of bed and hurried down the lit hallway, down to my parents’ wing. Before I could turn the door knob, a hand gripped me and scooped me off my feet.

Me: “Leave me alone, I want to save my mother” I cried because, so close to my parents’ room, I could hear mother’s groans, amidst other voices. I turned and saw Mary, my favorite nanny. Her eyes were red rimmed like she had been crying.
Mary: “Leke bobo, your mother will be fine, your dad will take care of her” she whispered and stroked my head as she usually did on those nights that mother was out late and I was unable to sleep. She took me back to my bedroom, and pressed down a door knob by the bedlamp, which brought a maid to the room.
Mary: “Bring Leke, his favorite hot chocolate” she instructed.
Leke: “I don’t want chocolate, I want my mummy” I wailed. We all heard footsteps coming down the hall to my bedroom, the door opened and there was a young lady glaring at us. She was lithesome, with very fair skin, and deep dark eyes. She had long black wavy hair, and she looked like the people my science teacher called “half caste” when she was teaching us the races of the world. She would have been beautiful, but the aura and the permanent scowl on her face, made it hard for me to associate beauty with her. My nanny Mary was beautiful, even though she didn’t have the body that this woman had, even though she did plain sade braids, even though her hands were callused from all the hard work she had done in her life. But she, not this woman was beautiful, because where this woman inspired fear, Mary inspired love and security. So, I saw her as ugly and in one of my moods in the future, I would call her that, to her face.
Woman: “You will have chocolate and keep your mouth shut”
Leke: “Who are you to tell me how...

Click http://smartbrainsng.com/2017/02/26/episode-1-chronicle-of-a-royal-prince-and-the-devil-incarnate/ to read full story & follow other episodes ! Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ronk3(f): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Please i neeed help concerning this
ronk3:
Good pm, please I need help from the PGDE Third semester students or anybody that knows the amount that we are to pay for the project and Teaching practice. Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jorhney(m): 2:21am On Feb 27, 2017
a whole semester result is missing
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by faisalcan(m): 8:59am On Feb 27, 2017
Can the payment of school fees last until March ending ? Or when are they going to close it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2017
Noun :Here is what to do if you have any problem with your result.

Many NOUN students are dissatisfied following the recent release of results. One major highlight is the case of inconsistency of result with old record. Some 300 Level students did not see their 100Level results, that among many cases.

If you are affected, it is time to write. Below is a sample of letter to NOUN, requesting for reconciliation of record of result. You can tailor it to suit your case.

I hope you find it useful.

[Your Address]

Nigeria
26th February 2017 [Date]

Director
Directorate of Examination and Assessment
National Open University of Nigeria,
Abuja

Through:

The Director,
Minna Study Centre,
Niger State,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

RECORD OF RESULT– APPLICATION FOR RECONCILATION

I, MR./Miss/Mrs (Your Name) a 400 level (add your level) student studying BSC ACCOUNTING in the school of Management Science, hereby apply for reconciliation of my result. The result recently released with computed CGPA is inconsistent with my previous record.

The affected course(s) is/are –

ACC 307 – COMMERCIAL LAW

ACC 305 – COST ACCOUNTING

[Enclose prove of studentship like ID and prove to show discrepancies in results]

Enclosed is/are proof(s) of inconsistencies in my Record of Result.

Thank you,

Add your name here:
Matric Number

Your study centre

Your telephone number.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2017
Anthonyo15:
Noun :Here is what to do if you have any problem with your result.

Many NOUN students are dissatisfied following the recent release of results. One major highlight is the case of inconsistency of result with old record. Some 300 Level students did not see their 100Level results, that among many cases.

If you are affected, it is time to write. Below is a sample of letter to NOUN, requesting for reconciliation of record of result. You can tailor it to suit your case.

I hope you find it useful.

[Your Address]

Nigeria
26th February 2017 [Date]

Director
Directorate of Examination and Assessment
National Open University of Nigeria,
Abuja

Through:

The Director,
Minna Study Centre,
Niger State,
Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

RECORD OF RESULT– APPLICATION FOR RECONCILATION

I, MR./Miss/Mrs (Your Name) a 400 level (add your level) student studying BSC ACCOUNTING in the school of Management Science, hereby apply for reconciliation of my result. The result recently released with computed CGPA is inconsistent with my previous record.

The affected course(s) is/are –

ACC 307 – COMMERCIAL LAW

ACC 305 – COST ACCOUNTING

[Enclose prove of studentship like ID and prove to show discrepancies in results]

Enclosed is/are proof(s) of inconsistencies in my Record of Result.

Thank you,

Add your name here:
Matric Number

Your study centre

Your telephone number.
How do we send it to the appropriate quarters?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kcboy34(m): 11:08am On Feb 27, 2017
contact me for your course materials at very affordable price
Note: Delivery is available anywhere in Nigeria.

check my signature for details on how to contact me for it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kirusky4life(f): 12:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hello house. since Ilearn portal is not opening anymore, please how do one get past questions now especially from 2012 till 2016. I have checked my study centre, but I could not even find recent ones not to talk of old ones. please anyone with ideas ?
I need them PGD information technology 2nd semester.
Also any1 with their project format should indicate, I will contact the person asap. Thanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
Does anyone knows how to retrieve password
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by bisiofgod(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
I can't log in. It's saying user name or password incorrect. Meanwhile it's my matric number i use for both. What do i do to access the new portal. I Want to check my results please. What's the way forward
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:53pm On Feb 27, 2017
lexrichy:
Does anyone knows how to retrieve password

U will av to go to ur study centre which is the ICT office

(1) (2) (3) ... (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) ... (1579) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.