Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,021 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Addressing Christian Atheist Wahala - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addressing Christian Atheist Wahala (556 Views)

Pope Francis Gives Illuminati Hand Signs Before Addressing Congress(pix) / Christian Atheist? / The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Addressing Christian Atheist Wahala by tobechi20(m): 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
When you put a reasonable Atheist and Christian in the same room, and bring up religion in any form, it seems that an argument is inevitable. From all of my experiences, I feel that the problem is actually two-fold. One, the Atheist has no idea what is actually in the Christians heart. Secondly, the Christian does not know how to properly approach the subject of eternal salvation.

As to the first theory, the Atheist often sees the Christian as an enemy naturally. Here is this person that intends to try to convert them to a religion they want no part of. Even if the Atheist does not view the Christian as an enemy, they still may view them with trepidation due to the general viewpoint of Christianity that the Atheist may have. This is the root of the problem, and here is why.

True Christians have noble intentions in their hearts. If a Christian knows that someone is not walking with Jesus Christ, then it is their duty to tell them the good news. If you question this theory, then let me give you an example that might bring it clear.

If you saw someone parked on the railroad tracks, and saw a train coming, would you not warn the person on the tracks? Atheist and Christian alike would do what they could to try to save them. What if you had a family member that was going to hurt themselves? You would have an intervention, and try to help them out of concern for their well being. To a Christian, testifying and inviting others into the warmth of Christianity is no different than seeing someone on the tracks about to be smashed into pieces. Of course they cannot help themselves but to try to help. This brings me to problem number two.

Christians sometimes forget that there is free will. I would never tell a Christian not to spread the word. I may as well ask them not to breathe. I also would never tell an Atheist that they must be a Theist. There is a distinct difference between telling of Jesus Christ, and judging someone in their personal walk with God. Christians must remember that giving them the news is the key. Helping them when they ask for it is also good. Spreading hellfire and damnation to an Atheist ear is like inviting a cat to party full of dogs. They will not feel welcomed

Next time you decide to argue the point over Christianity and Atheism, try to remember what is really on the other side's mind. It might lead you to a new place in your life. We can all learn from one another, and being able to rationally discuss a subject so important is vita

source
Re: Addressing Christian Atheist Wahala by jayriginal: 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2013
I wonder where you get these notions from

tobechi20: One, the Atheist has no idea what is actually in the Christians heart.

How you can make that statement baffles me.

As to the first theory, the Atheist often sees the Christian as an enemy naturally.

Another baffling statement.

If a Christian knows that someone is not walking with Jesus Christ, then it is their duty to tell them the good news. If you question this theory, then let me give you an example that might bring it clear.

Its not your duty to harass anyone with your gospel. Do you like it when mtn and other networks spam your phone with unsolicited texts and calls trying to market one product or the other?

(1) (Reply)

Christian Channels And Disturbing Miracles They Perform. / Muslim Man With Brain Aneurism Converts 2 Christianity Afta Waking Up 4rm Coma / Satan Visits On Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.