Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,618 members, 7,770,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:24 PM

2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate (4695 Views)

2014/2015 PTDF Local Scholarship (Undergraduate And Msc) Results Is Finally Out / 2013/2014 MUSTE Scholarship (Undergraduate And Postgraduate Students) / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 8:54am On Sep 17, 2013
The Mankind United To Support Total Education (MUSTE) is a Scholarship arm of Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation; it was registered with the corporate affairs commission in Abuja Nigeria on the 17th of November 2003. It is founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia in the year 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths.

The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintaince allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested N98,220,000 in the program on one thousand, four hundred and thirty-nine beneficiaries.

The Mankind United to Support Total Education (MUSTE) program is for undergraduate and higher degree studies only.

All scholarships are awarded based on merit, using the information provided in the form, supporting documents and a screening test.

Requirements

Applicant must:

• Be a registered member of Youth Empowerment & ICT Foundation

• Have their Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination result or the equivalent

• Have a current admission letter into a recognized higher level institution

• Undergraduate applicant must have passed JAMB and Post-JAMB examinations

• Undergraduates already in school must attach a recent photocopy of their school I.D

• Higher degree applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent, and have at least two years of recent full time professional experience, acquired after a university degree.

• Present one personal reference letter and one academic/professional reference letter. All recommendation letters must be duly signed.

• Higher degree applicant must include a cover letter stating “Why they intend to pursue a higher degree” (Not more than 250 words).

• Attach recent passport photograph

• Include a valid email address in the format (firstname.lastname@host.com), residential address and telephone number

• All questions are compulsory unless otherwise stated

Goals

To promote access to tertiary education
To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
To bridge the knowledge gap in Nigeria

Eligibility and Criteria

All Nigerian youth are eligible for the scholarship. In the first ten years of the program, 1439 youths from all cross Nigeria have been awarded scholarship. About one hundred awardees are selected each year from a pool of four hundred applicants. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.

BENEFITS

The MUSTE Scholarship provides bursary to cover the cost of completing an undergraduate or higher degree program that is within 3 – 6 years. It is also subject to satisfactory academic performance in the subsequent year of the degree program. The Scholarship provides benefits for the recipient only, and intends to cover:

• Tuition

• A monthly subsistence allowance, for living expenses and books.

The MUSTE Scholarship does not cover:

• Expenses for the scholar's family.

• Expenses related to research, supplementary materials, field trip or workshops while at the university.

• INTERNATIONAL OR LOCAL TUITION FEES THAT EXCEED THE BURSARY AWARDED. This is a bursary of a fixed amount regardless of the tuition stated by the school.

In addition, • The scholarship awarded is valid for the academic year immediately following the offer of the award and cannot be deferred for any reason.

• Should you be granted the scholarship, your progress report is required at the end of every academic year as well as your annual academic results. These should be sent in prior to the renewal of your scholarship.

• The MUSTE scholarship only supplements and does not duplicate any other source of financial support the scholar might have. However, scholars must inform the Board of MUSTE if they have other sources of scholarship funds.

Your MUSTE scholarship maybe withdrawn unconditionally or partially if during the scholarship period the Board has evidence of additional sources of support.
Deadline: 1st November 2013.
Copied from:: http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/09/20132014-muste-scholarship.html
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olugbenger(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2013
the requirements are just too much and demanding.
But am gona try applying, pls how much does this scholarship worth?
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 9:33am On Sep 19, 2013
Olugbenger: the requirements are just too much and demanding.
But am gona try applying, pls how much does this scholarship worth?
The requirements are truly overwhelming. I'll try to get the worth from some of the past beneficiaries.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by osi2345(m): 12:39am On Sep 25, 2013
The link where I can become a member of the information/ICT isn't workin? Need help pls..
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by bzeey(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2013
@olsey and odas.....must d reason y one need d scholarship b so pathetic? if so kindly give an example of one pls!
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Brimmie(m): 9:59am On Sep 25, 2013
NOT QUALIFIED!! sad

Buh Im Still Gon' Be Successful!! Hell Yeahh! cheesy
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 12:06am On Sep 26, 2013
bzeey: @olsey and odas.....must d reason y one need d scholarship b so pathetic? if so kindly give an example of one pls!
Really can't say either. But I want to believe the 'story' should be true and reflect humility in all sense of it. It should show that you are academically sound and cannot/can hardly afford the cost of study...not sounding too pathetic as that may show a level of desperation.
...just my opinion. Discretion matters.
All the best.
Plus; has anyone found out how to join the Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation?
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by bzeey(m): 12:14am On Sep 26, 2013
Olsey:
Really can't say either. But I want to believe the 'story' should be true and reflect humility in all sense of it. It should show that you are academically sound and cannot/can hardly afford the cost of study...not sounding too pathetic as that may show a level of desperation.
All the best.
Plus; has anyone found out how to join the Youth Empowerment and ICT Foundation?

thanks bro................u re d best bro!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olugbenger(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2013
Olsey:
All the best.
sir, the site is no longer active.
i'm very lucky to have registered before it started acting up, but my application is still not complete.
i'm avin problems with da adobe form site.

any help?
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
the site is not going again o
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by jane0: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2013
plss ave filled d form before but aded no passport.want to upload passport nw.wat do i do
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by yungcyrus(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
i just hope they increase the deadline cos of the ongoing strike................Olsey wat students who only saw dia first semester result, should we just submit dat report sheet as stated in the application............and gettin an academic refree now seems a problem cos of strike........................................................pls any beneficiary of this scholarship should put us tru and enlighten us...
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 3:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
jane0: plss ave filled d form before but aded no passport.want to upload passport nw.wat do i do
Sorry, I have no idea. I don't know if you were provided any form of login details. You may try logging in from the mail site and see if you can edit your details.
(Just an assumption)
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 3:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
yung cyrus: i just hope they increase the deadline cos of the ongoing strike................Olsey wat students who only saw dia first semester result, should we just submit dat report sheet as stated in the application............and gettin an academic refree now seems a problem cos of strike........................................................pls any beneficiary of this scholarship should put us tru and enlighten us...
You can upload the result reflecting your CGPA after your first semester result was collated, just in case you did not conclude your second semester before the strike action.
I really hope a form of flexibility can be induced in the area of 'Academic Referee' because of the strike action (just like the case was with Mobil scholarship.)
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by yungcyrus(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tnx a Bunch Olsey
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
yung cyrus: Tnx a Bunch Olsey
You're welcome.
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by samley19(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2013
sir olsey, i hv successfully applied for the muste, bt i dno hw d exam z gna b lik, wher are we writn it, apart frm the fact dt dey wd pay our schoolfees nd monthly fee, wat else is to expct
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by samley19(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
sir olsey can i, pharmacy pt2 OAU ILE-IFE, apply fr PTDF scholarship... wat oda scholarship can i apply fr
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by ShehuAba(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
samley19: sir olsey, i hv successfully applied for the muste, bt i dno hw d exam z gna b lik, wher are we writn it, apart frm the fact dt dey wd pay our schoolfees nd monthly fee, wat else is to expct

Bros when? And please how did you go about it.
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by samley19(m): 5:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
i applied nd joind d second day it came out der was no congestn at dt tym unlik nw..
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by STENON(f): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ Samley......Pls kindly states all d credentials dat we'l b in nid of....??....Pls xplain beta on d refence leta n Cgpa Transcript?
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
pls can 100 level students apply, how do i go about the tution fee asked, the one for 100 level is different from that other levels, pls answer
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Tobbie9(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
what kind of scholarship is this, asking me about my work experience. Na wa o
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 1:51am On Oct 07, 2013
samley19: sir olsey can i, pharmacy pt2 OAU ILE-IFE, apply fr PTDF scholarship... wat oda scholarship can i apply fr
You can give it a try since the eligibility criteria are not rigidly outlined for undergraduates. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 1:55am On Oct 07, 2013
Afunkybaby: pls can 100 level students apply, how do i go about the tution fee asked, the one for 100 level is different from that other levels, pls answer
Yes, you can apply. You should enter the tuition fee for your next session (or level). Definitely, MUSTE cannot pay for your current session, but from the next one.
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Olsey:
Yes, you can apply. You should enter the tuition fee for your next session (or level). Definitely, MUSTE cannot pay for your current session, but from the next one.
thanks, pls i need the website or link to apply
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by samley19(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2013
k d tin is, last yr i tried applyn fr it bt it ws kinda stressful it wsnt onln so i had to download 16 pages of d app form den fill in nd den send bk to dem. aftr fillin all in i got dscouraged on scannin al d 16 pages. so i left it, bt seein it ds yr onln i dcided to gv it a try nd to use som of d pages frm last yr wic comprehensivly contains som of d doc. required ds yr
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by samley19(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2013
tnks sir olsey, shell hasnt paid us at all, we dno wats wrng, nd sir pls can u direct me on d locatn of osun state scholarship board, i googled nd tried my bst bt culdnt locate it, i nid to obtain my agbami leta dere sir
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by STENON(f): 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
Pls wot ar d necessary requiremnt/ credentials dat we'r to upload...pls cos i'm nt in sch nw...jst to go bk to campus to collect d necesary fins....Pls help me out.....
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Afunkybaby: thanks, pls i need the website or link to apply

STENON: Pls wot ar d necessary requiremnt/ credentials dat we'r to upload...pls cos i'm nt in sch nw...jst to go bk to campus to collect d necesary fins....Pls help me out.....

http://www.scholarship-nigeria.com/2013/09/20132014-muste-scholarship.html
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by Olsey: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
samley19: tnks sir olsey, shell hasnt paid us at all, we dno wats wrng, nd sir pls can u direct me on d locatn of osun state scholarship board, i googled nd tried my bst bt culdnt locate it, i nid to obtain my agbami leta dere sir
You can join the discussion on this thread:: https://www.nairaland.com/1192094/2013-2014-chevron-agbami-national/4
Re: 2013/2014 MUSTE SCHOLARSHIP - Undergraduate And Postgraduate by ShehuAba(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2013
samley19: k d tin is, last yr i tried applyn fr it bt it ws kinda stressful it wsnt onln so i had to download 16 pages of d app form den fill in nd den send bk to dem. aftr fillin all in i got dscouraged on scannin al d 16 pages. so i left it, bt seein it ds yr onln i dcided to gv it a try nd to use som of d pages frm last yr wic comprehensivly contains som of d doc. required ds yr

Thanks 4 ur replies so far. My other questions for u are:
1. The reference letters were they letter headed.
2. Can u pls help us to mention the documents u uploaded b4 finally applying?
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Study In Portugal : Nigerian Students In Portugal / Jamb 2014/2015 Utme Scratch Cards Now On Sale, Forms And Registration Procedures / Nigeria: Finally Snow Falls In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.