Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers (12694 Views)

no / M.i's Top Ten Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mesopotamia: Sum1 pls listen to vector's rap and come back to give ur review in response to diz write up.

vector d VIPER is goooood-his latest, the "popular" song! international standard
illbliis and mode9 are good too!!

1 Like

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by CLIQBOY(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
25Calibre: @OP I agree with all you've said, except for the part where you say, " If you are not talented and brilliant, do not bother going into rap or music at all " there are lots of places around the world where this statement is applicable, but Nigeria isn't one of them.

Time and time again, it's been proven that you don't need talent or brilliance to succeed in the Nigerian music scene because if that the case, people like Olamide, Reminisce, terry g, davido e.t.c won't be selling loads of records while someone like Mode 9 sells almost none.

You highlighted all that is needed to succeed in Nigeria as an artist, the point is every artist has to be able to relate with the Nigerian populace

first thing that has to be understood is that since poverty is rife in Nigeria, songs that are able to relate to things like street talk/slangs, hooliganism, immorality, alcohol, fraud, making money, blend it with a catchy beat (e.g terry g) and watch it sell like hot cake.
o yeah..olamide not talented but release two hot albums with another comming this year or is it because he rap with his native dialet? What i know is that olamide can even sign mode9 to his label if not for age and respect..davido not talented? Then what will sina rambo be?
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by babadem2much(m): 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2013
habaaaaaa! y na? u no go wish am well again? e no gud oo cuz if hungry fire am u go help am wit small bread nah

[quote
author=BabaAlabi]Nigerians love to dance...wetin concern us with lyrics
or love songs? If Mode 9 keeps on with his hardcore rapping na hunger
go wire am till im join choir.[/quote]
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by babadem2much(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
Yuz, Juz add clean beatz 2 ur rap ego mek sense die!!! yeah yuz don come again wit a swagg bt lacks d gingah. braaaaaaaahhhhhh

yuzedo: my name is cheif sweetus

I likes all citrus

My landlod name is bitrus

And my sweet-hat name is Ritus dummynick angry

Am a grate grammy wrapper. Plis by my album ni tori olurun! embarassed tenk. angry undecided
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Orikinla(m): 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
There is no legendary rapper in Nigeria. The rappers the poster claims are fantastic can only boast of being rappers where there is no competition, in Nigeria. MI can only compete at high school performance level in the US. In a nation of over 160 million people and we are still counting our rappers and hip hop acts and they cannot make up a top 40 chart is PATHETIC. Majority of these hip hop clowns cannot get a record deal in the USl

1 Like

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by iLLiE(m): 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
Rappers should learn from MI,Vector and phenom.
Phenom's omo naija,shuku bam bam,murder dem etc are songs u can sing along with,and the lyrics are still on point.
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by cigaricon(m): 9:18pm On Sep 17, 2013
Orikinla: There is no legendary rapper in Nigeria. The rappers the poster claims are fantastic can only boast of being rappers where there is no competition, in Nigeria. MI can only compete at high school performance level in the US. In a nation of over 160 million people and we are still counting our rappers and hip hop acts and they cannot make up a top 40 chart is PATHETIC. Majority of these hip hop clowns cannot get a record deal in the USl
oga we are talking about Nigeria here not US. U cant compare the two when it comes to music
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Youngtekkey(m): 9:22pm On Sep 17, 2013
all u highlighted are on point and base on this review i respect my guy vector thy viper the guy is really trying and in reply to what that drunk guy highlight that no nigeria rapper can get record deal in usa must be smoking YSG that signed vector is an america record label,so what are u spitting,saying nigeria rappers can only perform at high school ceremony in usa is rubbish i hope u are not deceived by those yo and ya's just tell me what rappers like lil wayne are singing that nigeria rappers don't do the guy lyrics wack die,tell me what rappers like asap rocky are rapping that a nigeria rapper can't do beta too much of chelsea dry gin is not good for ur body so u beta stop saying such thrash next time

3 Likes

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by obailala(m): 9:40pm On Sep 17, 2013
25Calibre: @OP I agree with all you've said, except for the part where you say, " If you are not talented and brilliant, do not bother going into rap or music at all " there are lots of places around the world where this statement is applicable, but Nigeria isn't one of them.

Time and time again, it's been proven that you don't need talent or brilliance to succeed in the Nigerian music scene because if that the case, people like Olamide, Reminisce, terry g, davido e.t.c won't be selling loads of records while someone like Mode 9 sells almost none.

You highlighted all that is needed to succeed in Nigeria as an artist, the point is every artist has to be able to relate with the Nigerian populace

first thing that has to be understood is that since poverty is rife in Nigeria, songs that are able to relate to things like street talk/slangs, hooliganism, immorality, alcohol, fraud, making money, blend it with a catchy beat (e.g terry g) and watch it sell like hot cake.
Contrary to ur insinuations, u need a lot of talent and/or brilliance to succeed in as an artist in Nigeria. Sorry to say this but Mode 9 may be talented but he isn't brilliant that's why he isn't succeeding. Rap may be an America thing but when u are so 'talented' to rap like an American (mode 9), u need some brilliance to tailor ur art to the Nigerian audience. That's exactly where M.I, olamide etc make the difference.

Nigerians in our inferiority complex may want to be like Americans, we try to talk like them, sing like them, dress like them, pretend to like what they like but the fact remains that we are Nigerians. So we see it as a treasure when we have someone serving us the American flavour in the Nigerian style.
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Dehley(m): 10:30pm On Sep 17, 2013
You are already becoming notorious on this forum.
Andyblaze: I endorse this write up. Last year i was with top u.s rapper drake and he told me alot about rapping and the points are same with us. I even hang out with olamide this evening
My wife is mondi cheeks
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Dehley(m): 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2013
I thought U own a mansion on banana iceland. Now, you have became a tenant overnight.

I likes all citrus

Am a grate grammy wrapper. Plis by my album ni tori olurun! embarassed tenk. angry undecided

1 Like

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by dkingsman82(m): 10:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Vector,m.I, ice prince, dos guys dey try
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by tellwisdom: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
My album is so acapellA, no one can beat it,My swagga no get network, no one can reach it # U dey learn work?? sad
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Best hardcore rapper in Nigeria is :GODWON #fact

1 Like

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nuzo1(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
For the most part, I agree with the Op.
Matter of fact, I gave the same advice to Mode9 on the Mode9 thread. Blend in or don't complain! tongue

That being said, I don't agree with the part where the Op made it look like all musicians (in this case, rappers) are in the game to aquire stupendous wealth with little regards to their work.

As much as I would love Mode9 to heed to our advice, I wouldn't want us to push or persuade him further to go commercial. Mode9 comes acrross as some dude with big ego, sophistication and a core adherent to undergrund undiluted hiphop....and thereby would love to be appreciated for his work than making money at the expence of what he truely believes in.

So, if he insists on dishing out hardcore rap albums to the Nigerian music fans who are not usually interested in lyrics...let him be. Even the likes of T.Kweli, MosDef et al are having hard times being accepted and listened to even in a pure English speaking country.

By the way, "E Pluribus Unum" is still one of my best Nigerian album (not just rap) of all times.

2 Likes

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Dehley: I thought U own a mansion on banana iceland. Now, you have became a tenant overnight.

Foul yansh don blow. grin
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by asapgerrald(m): 12:06am On Sep 18, 2013
Nice write up...hmmm I used to like m.I. He impressed me wif his first album and he's mixtapes but right now he his nt doing wah I expect of him...I think phenom or ice prince re topping fr now(ice prince got a bet award dis year).
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Montalo(m): 12:21am On Sep 18, 2013
Real rap culture is never a thingy for Nigerians and will never be. Real rap is strictly for intellectuals that can be able to process complex lyrics and word play. Poverty and mental laziness is at its peak for some cats to start listening to dudes like canibus and Aesop rock, so they did prefer phyno or olamide. MI appeals to alot of Nigerians but the dude aint repping the real rap in its pure nature. Mode9 is the realest ish to ever come outta 9ja though i dont feel him these days. His pentium IX album is some ill ish. Ikechukwu has mad flows but no punch lines and materials. Vector is whack to the core. Dude bites jay z. "Thorough breds" where the illest rap group ever in 9ja. Terry tha rapman and Overdose are other ill cats again but i dont really knw sup with them. Its kinda bad that rap culture is in comatose in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by LaRochelle(f): 12:42am On Sep 18, 2013
Rap isn't my thing nor hip-hop, I'm sorry for derailing but I just have this to say.
It is grammatically incorrect to say "an advice"(I'm referring to the OP's title). Advice is a non-countable noun, and as such should be preceded with sth like "some" or "a piece of", not "an".
My comment was directed to the OP. Any degrading insult concerning my post may earn you a ban.
Thanks.
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by bighead1(m): 1:05am On Sep 18, 2013
Saw this write up by tosin adeda on dindindar.com. Nice one man.
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Youngtekkey(m): 1:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Montalo: Real rap culture is never a thingy for Nigerians and will never be. Real rap is strictly for intellectuals that can be able to process complex lyrics and word play. Poverty and mental laziness is at its peak for some cats to start listening to dudes like canibus and Aesop rock, so they did prefer phyno or olamide. MI appeals to alot of Nigerians but the dude aint repping the real rap in its pure nature. Mode9 is the realest ish to ever come outta 9ja though i dont feel him these days. His pentium IX album is some ill ish. Ikechukwu has mad flows but no punch lines and materials. Vector is whack to the core. Dude bites jay z. "Thorough breds" where the illest rap group ever in 9ja. Terry tha rapman and Overdose are other ill cats again but i dont really knw sup with them. Its kinda bad that rap culture is in comatose in 9ja.
what do u smoke saying vector is wack,i knw ur type u hate the guy that's what but who cares abt u and ur opinion,go to hell
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by blackmaine: 1:22am On Sep 18, 2013
Whether they like m or not iboh rap egbugozu..... Garayoo garayoo volevuu!
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by crystalray(m): 1:45am On Sep 18, 2013

I likes all citrus

omg! water comot for my eye.

1 Like

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by rocso: 4:14am On Sep 18, 2013
Music is diverse,to an Artist,the best feelings come when the Artist expresses what he wants.
We do party and Club songs.
The much awaited #‎official # party cracker titled "tuwo" from your Lagosboys crew: dedeRocs & Blazing produced by snowzy da Masterminder is hereby served hot and spicy for y'all to enjoy.
download instantly here.
http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/59fef654

Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by ini4brandon(m): 6:03am On Sep 18, 2013

I likes all citrus

5 mikes for yuuzeedooooo
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by nurusystem(m): 7:17am On Sep 18, 2013
That y i love eedris
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by hakunamatata1: 7:26am On Sep 18, 2013
Andyblaze: I endorse this write up. Last year i was with top u.s rapper drake and he told me alot about rapping and the points are same with us. I even hang out with olamide this evening
My wife is mondi cheeks

Guy r u by any chance really Andre Blaze?
Nice points
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 18, 2013
True talks! And if you are a stammer/stutter and you feel you want to go into rap gam!but due to the ugly attitude(stammering/stuttering). You are been discouraged. Here is the solution @ your door step.
Visit www.stammeringsolutions.nairaguide.com for your own cure/slow down!

Enjoy R A P. That's what its gona be! No R I P to R N B.

If you agree with me like this!
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by femzi007(m): 7:55am On Sep 18, 2013
My wife is mondi cheeks

my friend go nd drink ur garri nd sleep..
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2013
The o.p knows something about music as evidenced by his post. I differ on m.i being the best rapper tho. He is neck to neck with mode 9
Re: Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers by nurusystem(m): 7:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Others rapper shud learn from Eedris,he as play vital role as a rapper,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rema - “Dumebi” (Official Video) / Timaya Ft D'banj - Mind Over Matter / Timaya Out With New Album?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.