Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Secrets Of the gods - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of the gods (112351 Views)

The Gods Are Hungry / Who Offended The gods of the land? / Food For The Gods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 12:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
Today is Monday we are patiently waiting for your update please don't disappoint us
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
no probs guys, i am set to update

thanks @all who nominated me, its nice having u have my back
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chapter 7

Mfon got to Saint’s house by 8.30am the following day and met him still lying on the bed. She was all dressed up and ready to go to school from there.

“What are you still doing on the bed by this time of the day?” she asked as she gently walked into the room.

Saint looked up at her and sat up; he had not expected her this morning. She probably would have tried his number but couldn’t reach him. There was no electricity supply throughout the night and even this morning and so there was not way he could charge his mobile phone. The power outage had been one of the reasons he was still sleeping. The night had been very hot and mosquitoes had continuously hummed their annoying sound in his ears all night.

“Don’t you know I am a big boy? I am not an ordinary student like you that must rush off early every early morning to school.” He replied in a sleepy voice as he studied her.

She was beautifully dressed in a short white skirt with a black designer blouse that was a bit tight on her. Mfon obviously often considered her full beautiful legs when dressing up.

“I don’t blame you… don’t you know the reason I am out this early is because I wanted to see you?” she bantered.

“And partly because you are used to going for GST courses. But I am glad you are here with me.” He said and stretched his hands.

Over the days, Saint had fallen completely in love with Mfon. She was both matured and reasonable. She had helped in bringing out of him a new Saint with high self confidence which he never knew he had.

Before now, he had always thought that relationship was all about the man trying so hard to please his woman with the female relaxing and enjoying the ride. But Mfon had thought him that relationship was all about sharing and learning from one another. She had succeeded in making him a better man than he ever thought he could be.

He stood up and walked up to her stretching his hands towards her. She allowed herself to be hugged.

“Good morning,” He muffled.

“Good morning Sir,” she responded and pulled away. “Go and brush your teeth and have your bath before you try kissing me or even hugging me.”

He laughed, “I have already passed on all the germs on my body to you. You complaint came very late.”

She sat down and studied him for a while, “I hope you have written more updates?”

“Updates? Do you think writing stories is a joke? I don’t even have any idea on what else to write.”

She couldn’t believe her ears, “What do you mean you don’t know what else to write?”

He didn’t understand why this had suddenly made her put up a serious countenance, “the fact is that I am having difficulty connecting all these different characters I created especially for the fact that I have never been to Abuja. I just need some time to think it through. But the problem now is that I will be starting my project very soon and might not really have that time.”

“I really want you to finish this story Saint. I have a very good feeling about it. My mind tells me that it will take you places. You need to see how people are enjoying it and clamoring for more.”

He smiled and she like it, “That is really nice to hear. That reminds me, I am supposed to come to your home this evening and see for myself what people are talking about my story.”

She will defiantly love that to happen.

“I got a call from a journalist from Abuja last night and he said he would like to speak with you. He left his number and asked me to call. He said it was important.” She said hoping this information might make him take the story seriously.

A surprised look sprang into his face. “Do you mean it?”

“Of course,”

“Alright, just let me have my bath and we will call him immediately.” he said with so much excitement before dashing off. Yet he was worried that he might end up disappointing Mfon, the online readers and the caller because he actually didn’t know what else to write.

She almost clapped her hands in joy. She was glad he was happy about the news. She looked at her time piece and hoped he could hurry and finish up before ten am when her lecture will start for the day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
It was 7 am and Inspector Lucky was still holding unto his wife on the bed but was fully awake.

He was thinking about the case.

Suddenly his Black Barry mobile phone vibrated on the side table close to him causing his wife to stir and wake up. Their infant boy had caused them to have little sleep at night.

“Hello,” his sleepy voice said into the phone once he answered the call and seeing the caller ID was Abdul.

“Sir, another terrible murder has been committed; you really need to come see this.” His excitement even made forget his manners.

Oh my God! Lucky almost screamed. But he didn’t want to get his wife worried. She had showed so much concern when he described to her what was happening with the case. “Where do I meet you?” he asked, already feeling distressed.

“At the new fly over at Kubwa junction.” Abdul replied.

“I will be there immediately.”

He cut the line, gently rolled his wife away and quickly got up.

Fifteen minutes later he was already at the murder scene.

The sight had caused a heavy traffic along airport road, but the road safety officers were doing a good job in controlling it.

From where he stood below the flyover, he could see that the image that hung there was that of a female and it was hung upside down; the rope that tied the legs were long enough to the extent that the body was mid-way between the ground and the flyover. He face was covered in blood.

His hearts suddenly began to beat faster. The sight was not only thought provoking, it was also scary. It was like the world had come to an end in this region.

He saw Abdul and quickly climbed up the fly over to meet him. While he was on the way to the top, Rotimi called him to confirm where he was at the moment and he told him.

The cops had waited for the Inspector to come because they didn’t want to tamper with the crime scene.

“Tell the boys to get that body out of there immediately. He said with a shudder. His breath was faster as a result of the long walk up to the flyover. “When was the body found?” he asked.

Abdul gave the boys signal to get into action while he spoke with the Inspector. “Eye witness said the body was put here by someone whose description fitted Clifford’s. They said he did it around 6.40am.”

“They actually saw the perpetrator? Why didn’t they catch him or stop him?” Inspector asked.

“I really don’t know, but he obviously must have scared the shit out of them.”

The body was dragged up and both cops walk up to it.

“This is insane,” were the words that escaped the inspector’s lips.

She should be between twenty five and thirty years given her body structure because the face really couldn’t be identified. She was naked and the killer had use three kitchen knives and three forks to tab on her face leaving them deeply stuck there. Both of her hands were tied behind her back.

The forensic crew quickly came and the policemen gave them space to examine the body and crime scene. The police doctor was also with them.

Lucky and Abdul speechlessly shift and both were glad when they saw Rotimi approach them.

“He had struck again,” Lucky said as he shook hands with his journalist friend. He noticed Rotimi stare at the direction of the body. “Don’t even desire to see the body; it might spoil your whole day.

Rotimi had already gotten an almost detailed description of the crime scene from rumor mongers. “Are you sure it was Clifford?”

“Witnesses confirmed that and right now, I can’t think of anybody who could have done this if not the same crazy person that killed my men yesterday.”

“What do we do now?” Rotimi asked.

“I don’t know. I wonder what might have frightened the people who saw him tie this lady up her that they didn’t even try to stop him. What could have given him the courage to bring her up her without being scared that he might be seen or caught?” Lucky said, thoughtfully.

“I think he feels he is untouchable.” Abdul pointed out.

Lucky looked at him, “I feel so too. Perhaps he is actually untouchable.”

“How do you mean?” the journalist asked.

“Do you remember the black smoke? Why didn’t it kill Clifford? How did Clifford kill four cops who were armed?” Lucky asked.

“Do you think he has been possessed by the demon smoke the writer talked about?” Rotimi asked, remembering that the writer had described the demon as mischievous and evil. His mobile phone rang just as he finished his question. It was Chief Uzor.

“Good morning Chief.”

“Have you heard about what is happening at airport road?” the Chief asked without responding to his salutation. They had made the case his business and so he was now part of it.

“Yes sir, in fact I am at the crime scene right now.” Rotimi replied.

“You are there with inspector Lucky right?”

“Yes sir.”

“Well from what I heard, whoever did that is possessed. People think it was the same man that killed the cops yesterday. What do you think?”
“We are thinking along that line too.” Rotimi said and looked at the inspector.

“Alright then, stop wasting time and go and get the writer. He only has the key to the puzzle. Send me your account number right away, you have to go by air to Uyo and meet with this writer today, if not, the whole Abuja is in Danger.”

“I will talk with the Inspector and get back to you on that sir.”

“Okay, once I get your text message I will confirm that you have decided to go.” With that the chief drop the call.

“He wants us to go to Uyo right away and get the writer. I am still worried why he is so perturbed and concerned with the writer.” Rotimi said to the cops.

“Whatever reason he has, I think the Chief’s persistence shouldn’t be overlooked. What he read in that story might have had more effect on him than we can think. But I think the only way we can really know what is going on is to get the writer. The chief’s reaction to the story means the writer had written something important about him which indicates that the mystery we feel about the story isn’t just a coincidence. I go with him that we must go get the writer.” Abdul said.

“How I wish the Chief was more fourth coming.” Lucky said.

Suddenly, Rotimi’s mobile phone rang again, he looked at the caller ID and it was a strange number. He picked the call.

“Hello.”

“Good morning sir, my name is Saint, the writer of the story, ‘Secrets of the gods’. My girlfriend just informed me that you want to speak with me.” The young voice announced.

“Aright, nice of you to call, your friend informed me that you reside in Uyo. Is that right?” Rotimi relied enthusiastically.

“Yes, I am psychology student in University of Uyo.”

“Very good, I really like the story and will like to meet with you and discuss some important things with you. You are a very creative young man and I want your talent to be harnessed and maybe see if we can bring you into lime light.”

“Wow, I am honoured sir.” Was all Saint could say.

“We can also explore your creativity and see other angles it can be put in use. I will be in Uyo today to interview the Governor of your state; will I be able to see you?” Rotimi lied.

“I will definitely be available sir,”

“Okay, give me your house address and any other necessary information that could help me locate you.”

“I stay at number 10 Udobio Street and you can also check me up in psychology department. This is my number too.”

“Alright, see you then. Bye.” He cut the line and looked at the cops. “The boy is really looking forward to meeting me. He thinks I have a nice proposal for him.”

“Very good,” Lucky said and looked around. “I am still wondering if Clifford was trying to send a message by doing this. How do I send my boys to search out someone who they could clearly be scared of by now? It will be like sending them to their grave,” he said as he remembered the four dead cops. He still felt guilty for their death.

A cop walked up to them. “There is something I have to discuss with you sir,”

“Shoot,” Lucky spat.

“One witness claimed he saw clouds of dark smoke around the suspect when he was tying up the victim on the bridge.”

Lucky looked at his Friend, “Please inform the Chief that we are ready to go to Uyo immediately. Try and book a flight to Uyo for 9am.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2013
Odion highlighted from the car that conveyed him to the school and dropped him at the school main gate, popularly known as ‘beautiful gate’. It was indeed a strange world.

The chief monk had made arrangement for car that would take him to his destination.

“Always follow your instinct and never allow the things you see to distract you. Always practice the act of meditation in times of confusion and continue to be in tune with your inner spirit.” The old man had instructed him as he made to enter the car.

Odion had always seen cars come around the monastery but had never thought of entering one in his life. He never thought it would ever be necessary. He just nodded his head in response to his master’s instructions.

The ride from the monastery to town was a whole new experience to the young monk. It was like flying in the air and the view of the new world he saw from the car windows was amazing. He just hoped he wouldn’t be distracted by this whole new visual experience. There were much people in the outside world than he had ever imagined. They wore different cloths and were of different sizes.

Back in the monastery, everybody dressed alike and behaved alike. Here people talked anyhow and behaved like they were insane. Then there were many cars and motorcycles and houses. How would he ever find his way around? How would he fit in? He thought in anxiety.

But he was lucky; the writer’s spiritual energy was strong enough to guide his path.

Now, he walked into the beautiful gate determined not to allow anything distract him. He noticed he was a cause of attraction but he didn’t mind, he didn’t care.

Odion was dressed in red flowing robe with a black rubber sandal. His hair was bald and his cute face looked focused.

Students stared at him like he was an alien. Could he be a student? Nobody was sure. Odion also felt out of place but he didn’t feel uncomfortable. he didn’t think he had done anything wrong by being out of place. He had been trained not to feel bad except he had actually done something bad.

He walked straight through the street near the school ravine and straight to psychology department like he already had a cognitive map of the school.

He got to the door that led to the department building and thought it would be polite to speak with someone instead of walking in like it was his house, despite knowing how exactly to locate writer.

He approached the first student that came out of the building. “Please can I see the writer?” he felt he was polite enough.

The student had to summon enough courage to speak with him. He looked like a modern day native doctor, if he knew exactly what that meant. “Writer? What writer?” the boy asked in confusion and hoping there would be no consequence of speaking with this weird stranger.

“The writer… the story teller. I need to see him.” Odion said. He noticed other students watched them from afar.

“What is his name?” the student asked.

This was something he didn’t know. The writer’s name couldn’t possibly be the storyteller. If the master had known the writer’s name, he would have fed him with that information before sending him off. It was therefore his duty to figure that out.

Seeing that the stranger didn’t have answer to that, the student quickly walked away from him.

Odion walked into the department and straight to where the writer’s high dose of spiritual energy had led him.

Something that amazed Odion was the high concentration of this energy. He didn’t understand why this writer’s spiritual energy seemed to be above normal. It was like having two persons energy in one man. He was suddenly concerned that if this energy was strong enough to attract him easily to the writer, then Ghaoul could also have that ease in locating the writer, he just wished the evil being wasn’t close by enough to detect this energy. One of his missions here was to get to the writer first, and guard him in events that would follow.

If Ghaoul gets to the writer, he could convince him to re-write the story in his favour.

He observed the writer for a few minutes and walked away when the writer turned around and saw him. He was busy with an elderly man in the room and so Odion thought it was polite enough to allow them finish their discussion. He walked out of the department building and went to sit under the mango tree that served as rest place for most psychology students when they had no lectures.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
Saint was shocked at first to see such a strange man in red staring at him. It almost distracted him from what his project supervisor was saying.

He had been contacted by his supervisor early this morning just as he finished speaking with the journalist who had wanted to see him and discuss his story.

Saint had intended going to school late but he was lucky to switch his sim card over to Mfon’s mobile phone in order to speak with journalist since his battery was dead. Luckily his supervisor’s text message came in before he could take of his sim.

The call to the journalist had been an interesting one. Like Mfon had thought, this could be his break through. He was ready to be open to the journalist that he couldn’t even continue with the story; perhaps he could help him develop more Ideas for the story. He couldn’t just wait for the journalist to come. He wished he could charge his phone.

Why would that strange fellow be staring at him? Who was he? And why was he dressed like that?

After speaking with his supervisor who had finally chosen one project topic for him out of the three topics he submitted, he quickly rushed out of the building, only to see the stranger sitting quietly under the mango tree.

Saint stopped and stared at him for a while and then he withdrew the strange young man in red stood up and began to approach him.

It was scary.

“I really need to speak with you.” Odion called before the writer who looked scared could run.

“Are you sure it’s me you want to speak with? Who are you?” Saint asked, even as he pulled away.

Odion knew he couldn’t communicate anything meaningful to the writer in his state of mind. So he decided to keep quiet and just follow him. The writer might give up and hear him out if he finds out he wouldn’t be able to lose him.

Saint was thinking of calling the school security but thought against it when he remembered that the strange fellow hadn’t in any way been violent. He jut said he needed to speak with him.

He looked up and saw Mfon coming towards his department. He knew he wouldn’t miss having her around him today since she wanted to be with him when the journalist called. He was sure she could miss her lecture for the meeting.

“What is the matter with you,” Mfon said when she met up with him.

“That strange fellow is getting me upset and worried.” He said, pointing towards Odion who was gradually coming towards them. “I caught him seriously staring at me when I was discussing with my supervisor. And then when I came out I found him waiting for me. He just called out to me, saying he wanted to speak with me.”

Mfon was scared too. At first something about the strange guy in red almost struck a cord within her, but the fear she felt didn’t allow her to think.

“Who could he be? What do we do?” she almost cried.

“Come on, let’s go to the faculty, we will find a way and ditch him when I finish with what I am doing.”

They walked faster towards the faculty.

Soon the got to the faculty of social sciences, and entered the building with Saint constantly looking behind.

After 15minutes, they were through with what they were doing and once they came out of the building, they saw Odion sitting on a slab opposite the building and flinched. He was the cause of attraction of every student in the vicinity. He was a little surprised that the school security had not come to ask him question.

“He reminds me of the description you gave the monks in your story.” Mfon said as the walked away from the staring Odion towards first gate.

“Mmhn…!” Saint exclaimed, upon realization that she had just made a point. Why would someone dressed like a group of characters in his story come into his school and be following him around? He wasn’t even sure a monastery existed anywhere in the state. At least he had never heard of one. “Can we go home now? I don’t feel safe in the school environment.” He said.

“Won’t you like to meet with the journalist?” she asked.

Was this girl still talking about the journalist when this weird looking young man was following him around? He thought. “He will contact me when he comes, he has your mobile number and my home address. We can also contact him from home.” With that he quickly walked towards the exit of the school, dragging his girl alone with him past Linda who was standing under a shade with her friends.

At the opposite side of the track road that led to the first gate, Inspector Lucky and Rotimi had already walked into the school from the first gate and were heading towards Psychology department as directed by a student.

They couldn’t help but notice the conspicuous young man in red sitting like he was meditating.

Rotimi suddenly felt he fitted the description of the monks Saint described in his story. The guy was looking out of place in the school environment.

But they couldn’t wait to get to psychology department and confirm that the writer of the story actually studied there. This desire easily and quickly distracted their thought from Odion as they distanced themselves away from him in the bid to get to the department.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
all right guys, chapter seven continues tomorrow. Meanwhile please forgive me for the so many typos i forsee in this update. i managed to write it during the weekend even thought i was not sober most times. thanks
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks for the beautiful update. I now that think that Linda might be saint's twin
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks for the beautiful update. I now think that Linda might be saint's twin
Re: Secrets Of the gods by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
That Monk sef....lol......oga Franko!!!! I hail thee!!! Till tomorrow!!!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Oga frank, it was Saint that wanted to call d school security not Odion, but oga this story is getting me tied down here o. Infact i dont bring my bed here o.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ollyfad(f): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Chai!!! Oga frank my heart almst stpd beatin wen u said til 2maow.i cnt wait 4 2maow 2 kum
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Winnie1950: Thanks for the beautiful update. I now think that Linda might be saint's twin

What hint did i give that made u thiink that? Well, lets watch and See
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
JeffreyJamez: That Monk sef....lol......oga Franko!!!! I hail thee!!! Till tomorrow!!!

Thanks man tomorrow it is
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 2:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
Damex333: Oga frank, it was Saint that wanted to call d school security not Odion, but oga this story is getting me tied down here o. Infact i dont bring my bed here o.

Thanks Damexx for pointing that out. I have corrected it. Lo at your bed, No probs just get one chic way go follow u stay for d bed

Thanks Olly, i will try to update tomorrow.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Teespice(f): 2:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Now I am confused. In as much as I enjoy the story, I don't seem to understand the plot.

Nice work frank.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Hameenat94(f): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Ur story z amazing... Cnt wait ooooo
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 4:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
frank3.16:

all right guys, chapter seven continues tomorrow. Meanwhile please forgive me for the so many typos i forsee in this update. i managed to write it during the weekend even thought i was not sober most times. thanks
not sober most times? Weren't you supposed to be communicating with ur inner spirit? grin
Re: Secrets Of the gods by underage(f): 4:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
That was really worth the wait. Your work is amazing oga Frank. Keep up d good wrk smiley
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Teespice: Now I am confused. In as much as I enjoy the story, I don't seem to understand the plot.

Nice work frank.

Pls point out where u don't understand, I willl put u through, thanx though
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2013
princesa:
not sober most times? Weren't you supposed to be communicating with ur inner spirit? grin

I am long gone communicating with me. I went for a burial and it was a celebration of life, cos the deceased lived a very long life. The booze flowed in dozens.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by frank317: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
underage: That was really worth the wait. Your work is amazing oga Frank. Keep up d good wrk smiley

I am glad u like it, u are simply amazing too.

Hey Hameenat, thanks

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of the gods by Kslib(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2013
Frank,nice work ...
Clifford no well oo... grin
All izz well!
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Emperortj93(m): 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
Awesome piece... Al tinz bein, i wil definitely b here 2moro
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Cheriepet: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Frankie so on point.... kiping a date with u 2moro.

abeg oga Frank tell ur manager make him provide refreshment for us abi e want make hunger kpa us for here.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Ice4jez(m): 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Frank always on point. I salute u sir
Re: Secrets Of the gods by ninja4life(m): 11:41pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nice update.good work
Re: Secrets Of the gods by rofemiguwa(f): 12:41am On Oct 01, 2013
I nominated u dou I didn't knw hw to paste links.I asked mynd to help. Out since he's a moderator.the story was superb
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Winnie1950(f): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2013
Good morning and happy independence to you uncle Frank. I hope you will feed us with lengthy updates today.
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Hameenat94(f): 8:53am On Oct 01, 2013
Happy Independence... Im waiting 4 ur update... Dreamt abt d story lst 9t
Re: Secrets Of the gods by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 01, 2013
Hameenat94: Happy Independence... Im waiting 4 ur update... Dreamt abt d story lst 9t
dreamt abt the story? What about me? did you dream about me? Frank said i sud get a chic/beautiful lady to join me in my bed, will you be the one?
Re: Secrets Of the gods by princesa(f): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2013
frank3.16:

I am long gone communicating with me. I went for a burial and it was a celebration of life, cos the deceased lived a very long life. The booze flowed in dozens.

well then, cheers to a life well lived.

Inbetween, you need to teach me on how to do this communication with inner sef thingy, if yours could produce such wonderful story with a unique plot, then i need to learn also embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (40) (Reply)

Securing The Bag (The Lagos Hustle) / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why) / A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.