Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,868 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? (1573 Views)

Boarding School Or Day School / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Funny Pictures Of Kids And Their Dads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by xynerise: 12:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
I would like the parents here to say which is suitable for their kids and why.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by laptop247(m): 12:56pm On Sep 17, 2013
m yung thou. But wn i gat kidz. It wil b day.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Extom(m): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2013
It takes God to make children turn out to be good lads, and not the type of school they attend. But in the long run, its advisable to let your kids attend day school(that's if one of the parents is on hand) so that s/he will get a close and personal supervision by his/her parent based on his/her day-to-day activities. And the parent, on the other hand will be able to know of any changes in their kids(unfortunately, most parents aren't observant enough to know of the subtle changes in their kids... Too bad)
My 10kobo.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Haywhymido(m): 5:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
Day school al d way mak i dey c my beautiful n handsome kids everyday

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by OreofeeOluwa(f): 6:45pm On Sep 17, 2013
I'l pick Day there is no doubt abt that.i experiencd life in boarding house and that memory is nt smetin i'l like my children to experience.even if they have to go to boarding house,they should be in senior secondary school.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by shwetajoshi: 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2013
According to me, boarding school is much more best option, as my nieces are also studying in the boarding school (DPSbadhani.com) since last 2 years. I have observed very vast change in their daily life ethics. Now, they seem to be more decent, active and intelligent.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2013
Day School is better in Secondary school as it gives parent the Opportunity to teach their children some Values,Norms and close Monitoring as well as Adolescence/Puberty Support ......

While Boarding School (Hostel) is good for Tertiary School which gives room for Independence and ability to put to Use all the values they have learnt @ home since Children shall live without their parent one day .... They need to be taught how to make decisions on their own thus Boarding school !!

All-in-all ..... Prayer is the Key no be by Effort nor Power .... (God go make our Children the very Best in Goodliness,Amen) !!!
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by greatgod2012(f): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2013
It depends on the situation on ground.
If the parents are available and are not the very busy type, even, if it is one of them, then, i will go for day school. But if on the other hand, both parents are "ajala travel all over the world" type or the mother is no more, and dad feels there is little he can do, then boarding school is advisable.
Talking from experience, recently, i lost my sister-in-law(my brother's wife) and since my brother could not take care of the little kids she left behind all alone, he resorted to putting them in boading school, which i embraced in totality.
So, it depends, my prayer is that, no matter the one we choose, may our kids turn out well and good. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Ndipe(m): 12:46am On Nov 24, 2013
Day school in their younger days, boarding in their senior years.
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Donjazzy12(m): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2013
If you want your daughter to turn out a lesbian send her to an all girls boarding school. don't say I didnt warn you!
Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by phanthomz: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Donjazzy12: If you want your daughter to turn out a lesbian send her to an all girls boarding school. don't say I didnt warn you!
What u said is very untrue. I attended an all girls fggc frm jss1 to ss3. And guess what? I never practiced lesbianism. Infact all dose lies u pple propagate about girls schools and lesbianism are lies. I mean, how does one av $€ks in a dorm of 20 or more students?
I will choose to send my female kids to single sex boarding schools because it helped me to keep my chastity for a long time due to the chtistian training we had. By the way, we had compulsory fellowship every evening and yes it was an FGGC. For my male kids, a mixed boarding or day school will do. Boarding school helps in training children to be independent and be able to be held responsible for their actions.

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Or Day School, Which Would You Recommend For Your Kids And Why? by Branzy(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
if d boarding skul is single sex skul.... hell no #homosexual especailly gals same with boys...... na my own be that...... base on weten I don see

(1) (Reply)

Touching Photos: US Parents Conduct Photoshoot For Stillborn Daughter / Be Careful Who You Leave Your Kids With. Viewers Discretion Is Advised / u

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.