Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year (30757 Views)

NBC Bans Olamide Song, 'Don't-Stop' For Vulgar Lyrics / Phyno - Man Of The Year - Obago [video Download] / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Godson201333(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2013
and i dey listen to both songs right now ...Please what can i do??

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2013
I will forever continue to be amazed at the level of narrow mindedness some Nigerians display.

Music is about passing a message, what message did this songs pass?. Today all one need to do to get massive airplay is to come up with the most immoral lyrics and voila Nigerians will rejoice.

NBC continue the good work, it's time the Nigerian music industry is sanitize.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Ikenna94: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2013
johnwizey: U knw say konji is respecter of no one, nt evn a 7yr old girl grin grin
na lie jọ,no sane person wil see a 7 yr old and lust for her. Wat is there to konji for.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Okijajuju1(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832: I will forever continue to be amazed at the level of narrow mindedness some Nigerians display.

Music is about passing a message, what message did this songs pass?. Today all one need to do to get massive airplay is to come up with the most immoral lyrics and voila Nigerians will rejoice.

NBC continue the good work, it's time the Nigerian music industry is sanitize.

[b]You are the narrow minded person who expects everything to pass a Message..

Music by simple Primary school definition is;

A collection of sounds that is pleasant to the ears..

A song can be for anything from; Entertainment, to relaxation, to rebellion, to passing a message to even putting a child to sleep. You and all these Nigerian 'Messengers' should please get a life. You aare always looking gfor who will pass you people messages. Yousee Big Brother, You shout 'What message does it pass', You see a childrens cartoon, you start looking for message. You read a comic book, you are looking for message. You hear only the beats of a song, you are looking for message. HABA!!!

If the song does not appeal to you in the 'message formet', please go and find songs that will pass you the message you want...

When I'm listening to these songs by 2a.m on a friday night after a long week of hard labour, I am not looking for the message in it, but just the beats and for me to dance my stress away.. THATS ALL..

Message! Message!! Message!!! Abi you dey attend Grail Message?! Or you be Yahoo Messenger addict?!

And to think that a Narrow minded person like you who cant see beyond 'Message' is calling other people narrow-minded.. grin[/b]

4 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Lindajohn(f): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2013
Andyblaze: As Ph.d Holder i want to endorse the ban. Both songs offer a rather sexually volatile and bamboozling enuciation that could corrupt the minds of the young, in turn they will be of a negative attack to the society and such negativity will cause the collapse of nigeria and we will all go extinct. What fallacy did i just commit
after all the english wey u speak na only two people come lyk ur comment eayaa it's a pity
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Janeify(f): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2013
lol.......i luv dis song lyk ... ogem no na street ima?ogem no na hood ima?u cant stop me maka no obago......8-):*ife bala ba abago
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

A song can be for anything from; Entertainment, to relaxation, to rebellion, to passing a message to even putting a child to sleep. You and all these Nigerian 'Messengers' should please get a life. You aare always looking gfor who will pass you people messages. Yousee Big Brother, You shout 'What message does it pass', You see a childrens cartoon, you start looking for message. You read a comic book, you are looking for message. You hear only the beats of a song, you are looking for message. HABA!!!

If the song does not appeal to you in the 'message formet', please go and find songs that will pass you the message you want...

When I'm listening to these songs by 2a.m on a friday night after a long week of hard labour, I am not looking for the message in it, but just the beats and for me to dance my stress away.. THATS ALL..

Message! Message!! Message!!! Abi you dey attend Grail Message?! Or you be Yahoo Messenger addict?!

And to think that a Narrow minded person like you who cant see beyond 'Message' is calling other people narrow-minded.. grin[/b]
[size=30pt]GBAMEST!!![/size]
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2013
Almost every sector in dis country is a joke.. "No apology to dat". Ban ke... When I have rocked d song in my home n car sterio, have unconciously memorized d lyrics n ave even deleted dem off my data base... More greez 2 dia elbow....
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

If you want to relax by listening to songs that will calm your nerves after a hard days work I suggest you listen to any artiste whose genre is new age.

Any man or woman who listen to these songs and say he or she wants to calm his or her nerve should please go for psychiatric evaluation.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
If you want to relax by listening to songs that will calm your nerves after a hard days work I suggest you listen to any artiste whose genre is new age.

Any man or woman who listen to these songs and say he or she wants to calm his or her nerve should please go for psychiatric evaluation.

One man's meat is another man's poison. He has the right to listen to whatever song he likes. Music is an art form that serves various purposes including storytelling, motivation, relaxation, etc. It is not mandatory for a piece of music to have a message before you can enjoy it.

Many works of classical music have no lyrics whatsoever. For example, Shostakovich's Waltz Number 2 is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever composed. It has no words! Will you say that it is not music, simply because it has no "message"?

The NBC ban is not designed to prevent adults from listening to the songs (in their houses, cars, etc) but to prevent impressionable children from listening to them on free to air stations.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2:

One man's meat is another man's poison. He has the right to listen to whatever song he likes. Music is an art form that serves various purposes including storytelling, motivation, relaxation, etc. It is not mandatory for a piece of music to have a message before you can enjoy it.

Many works of classical music have no lyrics whatsoever. For example, Shostakovich's Waltz Number 2 is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever composed. It has no words! Will you say that it is not music, simply because it has no "message"?

The NBC ban is not designed to prevent adults from listening to the songs (in their houses, cars, etc) but to prevent impressionable children from listening to them on free to air stations.
I almost agree with you on what you said! That piece is absolutely wonderfull. It has no lyrics so no message is expected! But when there's lyric present surely one is poised to ask what the artiste is trying to portray?.

"One mans meat is another mans poison" but when that mans poison poisons another mans meat surely discord is bound to happen.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nuzo1(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2: Now, to my criticism of the NBC. In the past the NBC censored both Nigerian and foreign songs. Radio stations were forced to play only broadcast versions of foreign songs. That's no longer the case.

The NBC bans nigerian songs while turning a blind eye to radio stations that play far more explicit foreign songs that contain swear words, description of extreme violence and graphic sex scenes, etc. That's not acceptable.

I salute you Naptu2 for your educative and objective submissions on this thread so far.
That being said, I disagree with you that NBC does not ban foreign songs with explicit contents. They actually do by having radio stations cencor explicit words and phrases in those songs. They do it this way since these radio stations cannot readily get hold of radio versions of the song.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 11:00am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
I agree with you 100percent! That piece is absolutely wonderfull. It has no lyrics so no message is expected! But when there's lyric present surely one is poised to ask what the artiste is trying to portray?.

1) A song could have lyrics and you can enjoy the song without understanding the meaning of the words (eg Deep Forest's "Sweet Lullaby" ).

2) Musical genres and types suit different people. A person could listen to those songs and feel relaxed. That's what's called a "party song" or "commercial song". It is quite within the person's rights, as an adult, to listen to those songs. Nobody can legitimately prevent him from listening to it. You might not like it and chose not to listen to it. That's also within your rights. Nobody can force you to listen to the songs.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

The songs have only been banned from free to air stations to prevent impressionable kids from listening to them.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2013
Nuzo':

I salute you Naptu2 for your educative and objective submissions on this thread so far.
That being said, I disagree with you that NBC does not ban foreign songs with explicit contents. They actually do by having radio stations cencor explicit words and phrases in those songs. They do it this way since these radio stations cannot readily get hold of radio versions of the song.

They used to do this (quite effectively) but I don't think they do it anymore. For example, Rhythm 93.7 often plays songs with strong lyrical content. They play the album version of Gin n Juice, when I can easily get the radio edit version on line. And there are many more examples.

This was not the case in the past.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Okijajuju1(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:

[b]You must be addicted to message.. grin

Song - Message
Movie - Message
Newspaper - Message
Church - Message
Radio - Message
Letter - message
Internet - Message
Advert - Message
Office - Your boss sends you on mesage

My friend!!! There is more to life than 'message'.. What about entertainment value?! When you go to an amusement park, what message do you go there to get?! When you listen to Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Handel and other composers play their numbers, what message does an orchestra of instrument playing pass to you?! When you watch classics like Charlie Chaplin and co run around and act like lunatics, what message does it pass to you?! When you see a child watching cartoons like Daffy Duck and road runner, what message does it pass to them?! When you see women jump up and start to gyrate their waists to the sounds of the Yoruba talking drums or the Igbo bass pots, dancing atilogwu and co, what message do you think its passing to them?!

Again.. Life is more than messages.. I still can never bring myself to listen to Enya and co. I cant stand gospel music as I dont see any creativity in it. I love and watch animes like Naruto|Bleach|Onepiece|Death Note and co for their storyline, fight sequences and graphics, not to learn how to do a Bankai, or control my Chakra.

My advice to you is to go study MEDIA and its many aspects.. If you want a message, go and watch the news or a Pastors preaching. I and Millions of other Nigerians, Ghanaians, Americans, Alaskans and the entire fvcking peoples of different races, ethinicities, religion, tribes, tongues and co watch and listen to these things for other reason other than the messages they pass..

I love Evanesence.. She dosent pass me any message, but I love her songs nonetheless..
I love MATT HOUSTON.. R&B 2 Rue album is on my Ipad and in my CD player... But I cant hear a word of French.
I Love Olamide A.K.A Badooo.. But my Yoruba stops at Ekabo and Oshe.
I love 9ice's Gongo Aso.. Been blasting it for years. Have bought over 10 of that darn album.. But I dont still know what the fvck he is saying.
I Love 2chainz|Waka Flocka Flame.. These niggas have never said any rhyme that makes sense whatsoever to me.. But I bang that shiit in my car after work every other day..
On 2face Idibia albums, he alwasy sings in his Idoma language. E.g Ocho.. I love that song and can sing it in a Karaoke.. But I dont have a clue WTF that nigga was saying in any of those Idoma tracks..

I can keep going on..

Even the bible says that there is a time for everything; A time for messages & a time to just groove.. Some things are to pass messages (Sunny Ade & Onyeka Onwenus If you love me, You go wait for me), others for activism (eg FELA's songs.. Mr Jailer - ASA), others for sheer wild partying (E.g Terry G's Ginger songs), some for their soothing effects (E.g Nursery rhymes and childrens lullaby), e.t.c....

Choose your choice.. But to call people 'Narrow minded' cos they dont share similar taste with you in entertainment... Makes you came across as ##I am a child of God and cant use such words..### grin .

You and other Messenger Mongers come across like sadists.. [/b]

2 Likes

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]You must be addicted to message.. grin

Song - Message
Movie - Message
Newspaper - Message
Church - Message
Radio - Message
Letter - message
Internet - Message
Advert - Message
Office - Your boss sends you on mesage

My friend!!! There is more to life than 'message'.. What about entertainment value?! When you go to an amusement park, what message do you go there to get?! When you listen to Ludwig Van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Handel and other composers play their numbers, what message does an orchestra of instrument playing pass to you?! When you watch classics like Charlie Chaplin and co run around and act like lunatics, what message does it pass to you?! When you see a child watching cartoons like Daffy Duck and road runner, what message does it pass to them?! When you see women jump up and start to gyrate their waists to the sounds of the Yoruba talking drums or the Igbo bass pots, dancing atilogwu and co, what message do you think its passing to them?!

Again.. Life is more than messages.. I still can never bring myself to listen to Enya and co. I cant stand gospel music as I dont see any creativity in it. I love and watch animes like Naruto|Bleach|Onepiece|Death Note and co for their storyline, fight sequences and graphics, not to learn how to do a Bankai, or control my Chakra.

My advice to you is to go study MEDIA and its many aspects.. If you want a message, go and watch the news or a Pastors preaching. I and Millions of other Nigerians, Ghanaians, Americans, Alaskans and the entire fvcking peoples of different races, ethinicities, religion, tribes, tongues and co watch and listen to these things for other reason other than the messages they pass..

I love Evanesence.. She dosent pass me any message, but I love her songs nonetheless..
I love MATT HOUSTON.. R&B 2 Rue album is on my Ipad and in my CD player... But I cant hear a word of French.
I Love Olamide A.K.A Badooo.. But my Yoruba stops at Ekabo and Oshe.
I love 9ice's Gongo Aso.. Been blasting it for years. Have bought over 10 of that darn album.. But I dont still know what the fvck he is saying.
I Love 2chainz|Waka Flocka Flame.. These niggas have never said any rhyme that makes sense whatsoever to me.. But I bang that shiit in my car after work every other day..

I can keep going on..

Even the bible says that there is a time for everything; A time for messages & a time to just groove..

You and other Messenger Mongers come across like sadists.. [/b]
You so much sound like a wanna be! Everything you mentioned here are things you do because these things are en vogue! Plain and simple.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2:

1) A song could have lyrics and you can enjoy the song without understanding the meaning of the words (eg Deep Forest's "Sweet Lullaby" ).

2) Musical genres and types suit different people. A person could listen to those songs and feel relaxed. That's what's called a "party song" or "commercial song". It is quite within the person's rights, as an adult, to listen to those songs. Nobody can legitimately prevent him from listening to it. You might not like it and chose not to listen to it. That's also within your rights. Nobody can force you to listen to the songs.

One man's meat is another man's poison.

The songs have only been banned from free to air stations to prevent impressionable kids from listening to them.
"One mans meat is another mans poison" still I say when that mans poison poison's another mans meat...
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Okijajuju1(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
You so much sound like a wanna be! Everything you mentioned here are things you do because these things are en vogue! Plain and simple.

Yup!!

I am a wanna be... #We all are wanna bes..

You sure 'wanna-be' something.. I 'wanna-be' filthy wealthy..

So whats your point?!

You on the other hand sound like a child who shouldnt have unsupervised access to the internet.. grin

1 Like

Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nuzo1(m): 11:17am On Sep 18, 2013
With almost 140 comments, its sad that not more than 5 posters understand the work and position NBC.

To the best of my knowledge, NBC is charged with the responsibility of regulating the lyrical and video content of songs and videos in the public radio and TV stations. These they do by listening to complaints from the public.

Its not NBC's business if a 5 years old girl decides to download the banned songs or even the latest porn with her mobile phone. That is the responsibility of her parents...not NBC.

NBC's job is to make sure that the songs and videos our public stations play are clean and safe for the underage. If anyone wishes to listen to the full explicit content, kindly apply for a private cable network (DSTV, CTL etc).

"Man of the year and Matter" are few of my best songs this year. They've been in the playlist of all my devices. However, I support the ban for the sake of a saner underage community!
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
"One mans meat is another mans poison" still I say when that mans poison poison's another mans meat...

Now, explain how his "poison" poisons your "meat".

How does it disturb you if he sits in the comfort of his home and listens to the kind of music he wants to listen to?
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Banned by Briareos in TV/Movies for Derailing of
thread, instigating fights, fighting, and insulting
members . Ban expires on 11:18pm On Sep 23
Banned by sexkillz in Politics for Trolling. Ban expires
on 10:59am On Dec 27 grin grin grin

Only me oo!
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 11:24am On Sep 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

Yup!!

I am a wanna be... #We all are wanna bes..

You sure 'wanna-be' something.. I 'wanna-be' filthy wealthy..

So whats your point?!

You on the other hand sound like a child who shouldnt have unsupervised access to the internet.. grin
"We all wanna be something" Well that's the difference between you and me. Am already something!!!.

You my good man sound like you really need a lobotomy!
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2:

Now, explain how his "poison" poisons your "meat".

How does it disturb you if he sits in the comfort of his home and listens to the kind of music he wants to listen to?
This is it, he listens to whatever song he wants and plays it loud... Figure it out for yourself!.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
This is it, he listens to whatever song he wants and plays it loud... Figure it out for yourself!.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

If the problem is the volume at which he is listening to it, then you can report to lasepa. That doesn't change the fact that he has the right to listen to any song of his choice.

We are discussing choice here, not volume.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
"We all wanna be something" Well that's the difference between you and me. Am already something!!!.

You my good man sound like you really need a lobotomy!

First of all, its 'I'm' and not 'Am'..

I would have called you an illiterate for not knowing this, but then I am not 'Narrow Minded' like that.. I realize that not everybody had access to the same quality of education like others..

And sure as hell you are 'something'... And that something is subject to personal definition..
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2013
As the god_of_music I therefore decree that you can play loud music
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

If the problem is the volume at which he is listening to it, then you can report to lasepa. That doesn't change the fact that he has the right to listen to any song of his choice.

We are discussing choice here, not volume.
Yep "choice" as you put. Don't forget Senator Yerima has the choice/right to marry under age girls, that falls under choice right?
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

First of all, its 'I'm' and not 'Am'..

I would have called you an illiterate for not knowing this, but then I am not 'Narrow Minded' like that.. I realize that not everybody had access to the same quality of education like others..

And sure as hell you are 'something'... And that something is subject to personal definition..
Didn't know you are now a professor of English Language! Be it "am" or "I'm" what matters is communication was established! Shikena.
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by naptu2: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
Yep "choice" as you put. Don't forget Senator Yerima has the choice/right to marry under age girls, that falls under choice right?

Now you are trying to run away from the issue, but you've brought yourself right back to it.

Senator Yerima's action has an effect on someone else, a young girl. So I ask you again, how does Okija_Juju quietly listening to those songs in the comfort of his house affect you?
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by tunetokheyno(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
watch the lyrics video of Phyno Man of the year n find out if it should have been banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW4WYu-qUi4
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by joseph1832(m): 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
naptu2:

Now you are trying to run away from the issue, but you've brought yourself right back to it.

Senator Yerima's action has an effect on someone else, a young girl. So I ask you again, how does Okija_Juju quietly listening to those songs in the comfort of his house affect you?
If Okija_Juju does listen to his brand of music at room volume it isn't ma business but when he decides to make a nuisance out if it...

The songs our artiste sing now adays have numerous negative effect on kids...
Re: NBC Bans Wizkid's 'The Matter' And Phyno's 'Man Of The Year by Okijajuju1(m): 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2013
joseph1832:
If Okija_Juju does listen to his brand of music at room volume it isn't ma business but when he decides to make a nuisance out if it...

The songs our artiste sing now adays have numerous negative effect on kids...

Another kid that blames his bad behavior of Marilyn Manson!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kollington Ayinla, Salawa Abeni Back In Each Other’s Arms / RadioNow 95.3FM: Kate Henshaw Reads News On Lagos Radio Station (Video) / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.