Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier (11994 Views)

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Liberia (6 - 1): AFCON 2013 Qualifier On Saturday October-13-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by dozai: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2013
I have been taking a look at Nigerian Defenders . It continues to give me goose pimples that the ones we are presenting as our best are nowhere to be found in the league of defenders. Apart from Efe Ambrose who has been a regular for Celtic this season, others are either on the bench or not listed at all.

Kenneth Omeruo
we so much hoped that at least he can break into Chelsea main team or at worst get a loan deal to one of the BPL clubs. presently he is injured and from all indications he will be with the Chelsea reserves till winter transfer season. God forbid he didnt get a club till world cup.

Oboaboana Godfrey
He has not kicked a ball in Rizespor turkey indicating that he has only only 3 weekends to play prior to the 1st leg playoffs for WCQ.

Elderson Echiejile
He has not been listed for action in Braga this season, therefore he has not played any games. .

Joseph Yobo.
In as much as he has been at the back in SE, Has been active for Ferner though presently nursing an injury

Solomon Kwambe, Azubuike Egwuekwe, Benjamin Francis,
These are NPFL lads and has been active all these while.
This is where we are in terms of defenders. All the same, It amazes me that these are the best we can churn out from the country presently in terms of Defenders. The truth bearing down in our face is that we have to make do with Egwuekwe and Oboabona combo in CB. But after some research, it happens that there are still others who are active in their clubs and can still bring more competition to the table.

Daniel Adejo. AC REGGINA ITALY

Rasheed Alabi. OMONIA NICOSIA CYPRUS

Gbenga Arokoyo [/b]Mjällby AIF SWEEDEN

[b]Babajide Ogunbiyi
. VIBORG FC DENMARK (dual nationality)

KENNETH OTIGBA. FC HEREENVEN HOLLAND (dual nationality)

UGO UKAH. JAGGIELONIA BIALYSTOK. POLAND
There are still many more others.

I guess its not wise limiting ourselves to the present defenders we have been using for sometime, immediately after the dealing with Ethiopia, i presume its wise introducing others to the fold to create room for competition and replacement as a result of injuries and lack of club actions or what do u think

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by lexyman(m): 10:39am On Sep 18, 2013
Nice advice! We should start scouting for more defenders... But Godfrey Oboabona still remain our present best , with time , he will get a good playing time ...but the opportunity for Keshi to invite more new legs is after the play off, that "s after we have qualified .

More friendly matches and after the chan championship in South Africa will give more room for our home based players to come out and proof themselves that they are ready to play in Brazil .... The truth is we still have more time let"s finish with the antelope(Ethiopia) , we will know what"s next for us ...

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2013
Can't Nigeria Loan Thuram and Ferdinand Like My Playstation 3?? Oooo we wi not win world cup again this year.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by omonla555: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
No cause for control, situation under Alarm.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by seunlayi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2013
no matter what, they are still ok

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by nijanigga: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2013
Why support super eagles, when you're sure they will flop in Brazil, if they get there. If they made it to Brazil, they won't get out of their group.
Not when Nigeria is in disarray. Gej, is hell bent on diving Nigeria,that's what SE will carry to Brazil.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Reski2500(m): 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
Okay.....
I btoke into 1st page... Dancin atilogwu

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
smoosh15: Can't Nigeria Loan Thuram and Ferdinand Like My Playstation 3?? Oooo we wi not win world cup again this year.
What are u saying?
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by otijah(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
Reski2500: Okay.....
I btoke into 1st page... Dancin atilogwu
wetin dis one dey talk nah
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by homesteady(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2013
nijanigga: Why support super eagles, when you're sure they will flop in Brazil, if they get there. If they made it to Brazil, they won't get out of their group.
Not when Nigeria is in disarray. Gej, is hell bent on diving Nigeria,that's what SE will carry to Brazil.

Chai! Madness is bad oh! See what it has turned this guy to

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Davo93(m): 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmm... i hate sounding the way i'm gonna sound now but its just the way i feel about the SE issue. Keshi needs to work more on what he has made most of us believe about him, the ethnic-sensitive behaviour he puts up. I still find it very difficult to believe some players have not been given a chance perhaps due to Keshi's love for a tribe. If we don't see Super Eagles as a National team, there will be problem in the future.

I also cannot fathom why the likes of Dele Olorundara, Haruna Babalo, Gbolahan Salami ,the NPL highest goal scorers has not been given a chance in the SE team. I'm sorry from digressing from the topic a bit. #teamNationalist

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by naijacommando: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
wow i made first page for d first time ever......d end times are surely here!
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by otijah(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
smoosh15: Can't Nigeria Loan Thuram and Ferdinand Like My Playstation 3?? Oooo we wi not win world cup again this year.
hav u ever dreamt of winning it before not to talk of winning it again. U dey brag say u get PS3 while ur juniors are out there with first class and awards.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by mployer(m): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2013
I pray Omeruo returns fast. Dat chap is really good.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Khaytunechi: 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
what happend to Dele Adeleye? Apam Onyekachi? Taiye Taiwo?
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by mployer(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2013
Smh 4 dis thread. Nice topic with yeye comments.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by naijacommando: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2013
introducing new players at dis stage is a distraction. Our efforts shld be directed towards strenghtening the present squad tactically, technically, physically, psychologically and even spiritually, not suggesting who and who to be added to the team

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by ucyoma(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2013
nijanigga: Why support super eagles, when you're sure they will flop in Brazil, if they get there. If they made it to Brazil, they won't get out of their group.

wat has GEJ got 2 do wt super eagles?? Na so una d tak fail exams com d talk say una lecturers wicked. Dem go ask u A, u go ansa B
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Nosyke(m): 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2013

What has the president got to do with this post? Must you drag him into every thing, I guess he is also responsible for the state of your grammar.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Kennito90(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Me were b say, i b d best defenda in my street, una no evn mention my name y?
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by nijanigga: 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nosyke:

What has the president got to do with this post? Must you drag him into every thing, I guess he is also responsible for the state of your grammar.
You can't differentiate spelling from grammar, to you spelling mistake is a grammatical blunder. Pity you, once again Gej is destroying Nigeria.
He Started with governor's forum, see where PDP is today.
Any rational person will know that you can't give what you don't have. Nigeria is in dis-array, SE can't carry cohesion to Brazil. Have you read anything about Colombia's team of 1994?
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by nijanigga: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2013
ucyoma:

wat has GEJ got 2 do wt super eagles?? Na so una d tak fail exams com d talk say una lecturers wicked. Dem go ask u A, u go ansa B
Do you remember when Gej was interfering with NFF and he got a warning from FIFA? Gej poked his wide nose into everything. Nigeria can't host final qualifier in Abuja, citing security, yet Gej is living in Abuja.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by phayvoursky(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
otijah: mtcheewwww. Not funny, try something else

E DE PAIN U? KILL YOURSELF.....
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by nijanigga: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
homesteady:

Chai! Madness is bad oh! See what it has turned this guy to
You're already showing signs of madness, your life depends on what is a loosing game. SE have nothing to show, we heard about SE going to win the confederation cup, but they got they buts kicked well.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by christejames(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
@op, even those guyz that u mentioned (omeruo, oboabona, efe et al) still train with their varoius clubs and i am nt expecting anytin less from them than classic futball. Message sent via nokia torch light.
Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by Jarus(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
I don't think they need to be part of first team of a big club before they show they are good.

Kolo Toure is a big-name defender, he couldn't prevent Nigeria from scoring against CIV.

They have to use a platform to make name for themselves. Super Eagles may just be the platform. Yobo's performance against George Weah at 2002 World cup qualifiers earned him spotlight. He was a rookie before then.

My concern is not about their playing time or bigness of their club, but the fact that we have conceded in too many matches in recent time - Burkina Faso scored us, Spain put 3 past our defenders, Uruguay 2, Kenya 1, even Malawi scored us. And OMG, even Tahiti! We have been winning (and drawing) but we have not being maintaining clean sheet. That is my own concern.

I think our back 4 - Echiejile, Oboabona, Omeruo and Ambrose - are doing fine, but I agree with you we need strong bench, another back 4. For now we don't have a second back 4. Egwueke guy is not good enough. No good back up for Echijile and Ambrose, so bad that we had to use Onazi (a midfielder) as left back when Ambrose was suspended in an AFCON match. I think we need competition in the defence, like we have in attack.

As for Yobo, he didn't do well in his last few matches for SE, but I think he didn't deserve total shut-out. He has done enough for eagles (highest capped player in our NT history, scored crucial goals for us in many qualifiers etc) and should be graciously sent forth. A good send-forth will be taking him to world cup, use him in one or two matches and leave him to decalre his formal retirement after the world cup.

6 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier by pistol: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2013
Davo93: Hmmm... i hate sounding the way i'm gonna sound now but its just the way i feel about the SE issue. Keshi needs to work more on what he has made most of us believe about him, the ethnic-sensitive behaviour he puts up. I still find it very difficult to believe some players have not been given a chance perhaps due to Keshi's love for a tribe. If we don't see Super Eagles as a National team, there will be problem in the future.

I also cannot fathom why the likes of Dele Olorundara, Haruna Babalo, Gbolahan Salami ,the NPL highest goal scorers has not been given a chance in the SE team. I'm sorry from digressing from the topic a bit. #teamNationalist

Don't come and destabilize a winning team with this your wrapped up argument.
Geez,
See how you reason!!
You think if those guys you listed are that good,keshi would have omitted them?
You are one of the root cause of the mediocrity in our system with this your thinking pattern and analogy.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Where To Get Sure FREE Football Predictions And Tips!! / "I Don't Like VAR" - Maurizio Sarri / AFCON 2012: Zambia Vs Ghana (1 - 0) On February 8th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.