Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,062 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. (30833 Views)

-"seven Things That The Lord Hates And Cannot Tolerate"-- (e.c.law) / Why Do We Tolerate Nonsence From Nepa/phcn / Four {4}things That Boost Ladies Convidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by joshuaidibia(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
They're more than 4. You should nt tolerate anytn dat is worth not tolerating.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by solace8(m): 5:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nice write up
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by dominique(f): 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2013
Eebrahym: Hmmmmm, well written

Good write up buh too long.....I got the message buh couldn't read it all.

And you had to quote the entire epistle? Hian!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Slickest(m): 5:41pm On Sep 18, 2013

So y quote it?.... undecided
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by FoxyFlow(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
rodeo0070: Compassion is an important (and incredibly sexy) trait – it’s the basis of tolerance, which everyone should have for each other. It’s difficult having a blanket of compassion and tolerance for people, but it’s necessary in order to create a world in which we can all live in harmony. While we should all practice compassion in all of our dealings, here are four things you should never tolerate under any circumstances:

Hatred

Sexism. Racism. Ageism. Religious persecution. It’s amazing how many ways people find to label and hate each other. What’s the point of hate? Has hating someone ever accomplished anything for you? I've never thought to myself, “It’s a good thing I hated ___, otherwise, I never would've ___.” Hatred contributes nothing to the human collective. Consider the words of Mahatma Gandhi: “A man is but the product of his thoughts—what he thinks, he becomes.”

If you fill your thoughts with hate, there won’t be room for love; even if you find someone to love who’s willing to love you back, your hatred will eventually replace the love you have for each other. It works like this: if all you think about is negative, you’ll become a negative person. While you’re out with your friends, you’ll be focusing on what’s bothering you instead of experiencing and enjoying the present moment. Just because you’re lost in your thoughts doesn't mean the entire world suddenly stops—you’ll exist in everyone else’s present moment as a downer who’s frowning, angry, and dragging the energy down around them. Nobody wants to be around a negative person.

To make matters worse, your hatred will manifest itself in all the wrong ways. You may be mad at your mom for breaking up a party, but while you’re sulking about it in public, you’ll encounter random strangers. These people have no idea who you are or what you’re going through; all they see is some angry person walking down the street. One of them may greet you, but you’ll be too wrapped up in your thoughts to notice. The person you ignored may think they’re the strange one and stop greeting people. You may even be curt or flat out rude to someone you normally wouldn't if in the right frame of mind.

Not only should we all stop the hatred in our hearts, but we must not allow external hatred affect us either. Every time a gathering is attacked, the intention is to make us all fear or hate other people. We must never allow ourselves to fall victim to hatred. The correct way to live is to encourage others to be kind through our own actions.

Personal Attacks

Debating whether or not illegal immigration can be curbed is one thing—insulting someone’s character because you don’t agree with them is unacceptable. There are billions of us sharing this planet, and it’s a rather enclosed space. We don’t always have to agree or work together, but there’s no reason we can’t all coexist.

It’s OK to disagree; nobody should mind if you are passionate. At the same time, you need to ensure you are only countering someone’s ideas. You should also be mindful of not getting offended when someone “attacks” your ideas. As long as everyone can keep a cool head, our interactions will flow much more efficiently. Remember to be the change you want to see in the world, and stop making personal attacks right now, regardless of whether or not anyone makes a personal attack against you. Take a look at the person staring back at you in the mirror, and never do anything to make that person feel ashamed to look back at you.

Violence

There are a lot of situations we face in life, and sometimes it can feel like violence is the only answer. No matter what scenario you can imagine in which violence is necessary, you’re not correct. It’s unrealistic to believe that we could exist in total peace, but humanity should strive to condemn violent acts. This is already happening on social media and throughout the internet. People are speaking up against those who perform egregious and despicable acts against humanity, nature, and anything else. Rape, murder, beatings, bullying—none of it is tolerated in the digital world.

Although society has evolved technologically over the last two millennia, nothing much has really changed. Human beings are a hive mind, and the mob mentality is only accentuated by the speed and breadth in which information can be dispersed on the internet. We need to be careful not to allow our passion for peace to instead bring violence to the world. Instead of inciting violence, condemn it. Don’t spend all your time condemning it though. It’s not enough to simply not be violent; we should strive to promote love as well.

Inequality

The United States, like many other countries in modern society, promotes freedom and equality for all. A lot of people rest on their laurels and assume their freedom and equality is all that matters, but there’s an inherent flaw in this logic. You can never truly be free if everyone isn’t also free—that’s how freedom and equality work.

In order for us to progress as a society, we need to ensure that everyone progresses. It’s important that every human being of every sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, and age, is treated equally. This may seem like a pipe dream, but it’s very achievable, and it can be accomplished by each and every one of us. If you take nothing else away from this post, understand that the way you treat people matters: if you treat people the way you want to be treated (with respect, courtesy, and integrity), they will be more likely to treat you the same way. If they don’t, suck it up and move forward to the next person. Every single choice you make in your life contributes to the whole of humanity—make them all count!

CULLED FROM: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/4-things-you-should-never-tolerate.html

I'm already stressed out. Reading this could add to the stress.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
I have my own list of shit(s) I can't tolerate and the 4 things listed here are already on my personal list.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Judas2013: 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Number 4 should be read out loud to all homophobic people!
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
the minds on the first page of this thread have obviously degerated beyound repairs. it pains me to see people intoxicated!
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
I dont tolerate Poverty angry

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Eebrahym(m): 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
mc~evans:

You had to quote the whole article just to post this gibberish undecided

Where do u keep ur manners u ds lil brat, u no dey respect ur seniors

Peterjosh:
Can't u pass ur comment without a full quote?

I have modified it, thanks for d correction
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Freiburger(m): 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2013
El Guapo: I dont tolerate Poverty angry
Well said.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Just passing by!!
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by joywendy(f): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
nerodenero: Why is it that almost everybody on this thread is crazy about likes?
lol not just this thread only oda threads as well... Anyways @op nice write up, @ least I read thru almost to the end grin
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by frederal(m): 7:28pm On Sep 18, 2013
Thanks for bringing such beautiful thing to NL.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2013
saddler: The ENDing of this write-up was TIMEly because i was already feeling like someTHINGS were itching me in my ear.
......."sumtin 'were' inching me in my ear"................blood of jesusssssssss.......end time things.............
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Wolef7(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
Foxy_Flow:

I'm already stressed out. Reading this could add to the stress.
You are stressed, sorry. But why did you quote the whole post na. You dey waste my MB. *Shey u no know say MTN no dey laff ni*

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by write2obi(m): 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2013
Nosyke:

More like hit like if this poster needs to go back to school.
Senu we need dislike button
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Tobiustobius: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2013
All these "It's too long, I didn't read it" people sef, advertising their laziness. No wonder they say that if you want to hide something from the black man, put in a book.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by rodeo0070(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tobius tobius: All these "It's too long, I didn't read it" people sef, advertising their laziness. No wonder they say that if you want to hide something from the black man, put in a book.

I taya o...
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2013
El Guapo: I dont tolerate Poverty angry
I dont either,neither do i tolerate those down wit da pennywhistle blow wit da hole down behind south central tha they've traded wit da hole unda da nose whenever their hyper duo antenae up their numdumb pick up sounds or waves of certain nouns linked to certain folks n places..savvy..ok blowin kissesss 2 me all on here...
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Chomzy19(f): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
Only thing I can't tolerate is d OP tellin me. Wat To n wat not to tolerate

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Abelbenker(m): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
Sunymoore: Hit like if you don't read this completely

If u want to hide somthing from a man put it in writing.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Elevation(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
Rodeo you have to begin to learn how to tolerate Hatred,Inequality,Violence and wickedness of any sort,as long as this world is concern you'll definitely meet 'em,God can prepare a table for u in the presence of ur enemies,see eyan mi in the world u will always see tribulations it is only in God u can be loved humans are super limited the earlier we begin to understand this the better for us.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by babsomotde(m): 1:11am On Sep 19, 2013
Hit 'like' if you are just passing by like me....
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Gideojim(m): 4:22am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by christygenius(f): 5:36am On Sep 19, 2013
nerodenero: Why is it that almost everybody on this thread is crazy about likes?

I wonder oooo.... Dis is really getting out of hand.
Nice write up @ Op. Keep them coming.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Raxxye(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2013

Read,Nigerians,read! Stop complaining about long passages; take time to read! ''Reading makes a man''

Interesting write-up, anyway. Thanks,OP!

1 Like

Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by gothrones(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2013
Nice article. I tried to read to the end but I couldn't. I believe that it is time for all peoples of all nations to completely abandon all forms of bigotry. Things will become better if we become better.
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Wakabook01(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2013
This post reminds me of mariama ba's '' So Long a Letter.'' inspiring though!
Re: 4 Things You Should Never Tolerate. by Eebrahym(m): 11:18am On Sep 19, 2013
Raxxye:

Read,Nigerians,read! Stop complaining about long passages; take time to read! ''Reading makes a man''

Interesting write-up, anyway. Thanks,OP!

Its not as if I didn't read it at all, I read almost 85 percent of d write up, besides, what matters is the understanding, not just mere reading

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Harass Civilians For Putting On Camouflage / I Have Been Bitten By Scorpion, Involved In Multiple Accidents - Lady Lawyer / Okada Man Backing A Baby In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.