Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Ken Norton, Boxing Champ Who Broke Ali’s Jaw, Dies At 70 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ken Norton, Boxing Champ Who Broke Ali’s Jaw, Dies At 70 (501 Views)

Boxing Champ, Manny Pacquaio, Claims 'gay Couples Are Worse Than Animals' / Sam Ibiam Dies At 90 (pictured) / Yahoo News: Boxing Champ Floyd Mayweather Jailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ken Norton, Boxing Champ Who Broke Ali’s Jaw, Dies At 70 by 9jaflave: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/ken-norton-who-broke-alis-jaw-dies-at-70.html

Ken Norton, the former world heavyweight boxing champion who rose to prominence when he broke Muhammad Ali’s jaw the first time they met in the ring, died yesterday. He was 70. RIP.

He was the second man to beat Muhammad Ali, breaking Ali's jaw and sending him to the hospital in their 1973 heavyweight fight.

“Ken Norton was always nice to me even when I was just an amateur fighter,” former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson said on his Twitter feed. “He always treated me like I was somebody. Remarkable man.”

After retiring from boxing with a 42-7-1 record and 33 knockouts, Norton acted in about 20 movies, according to his website.

http://9jaflave..com/2013/09/ken-norton-who-broke-alis-jaw-dies-at-70.html

(1) (Reply)

Keshi, Taribo Lose Properties / . / Mikel Vs V Moses Which Is The Better Choice For Caf Player Of The Year 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.