Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Keshi, Taribo Lose Properties - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi, Taribo Lose Properties (505 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Keshi, Taribo Lose Properties by solbase10(m): 4:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Head coach of the Nigeria national team, Stephen Keshi and former international, Taribo West have lost properties handed to them after helping the Super Eagles qualify for the 2002 Fifa World Cup.

The duo along with other members of the Super Eagles were rewarded with land gifts in Port Harcourt, southern Nigeria by former Rivers State governor, Peter Odili in 2001.

The properties have however been taken over by “hoodlums” according to West, who raised the alarm during a chat with supersport.com.

“I went to my property along Trans-Amadi area of Port Harcourt to start developing it only to find out that hoodlums and illegal occupants have taken over the place,” an angry West told supersport.com.

West, who earned 41 caps for the Super Eagles between 1994 and 2002, further revealed that other members of the 2001 Nigeria squad also suffered a similar fate.

“I was not the only person that lost his land. The other players and even Keshi who was a member of the technical crew lost his land too.

The former Inter Milan centre half said he was at the Rivers State Government House on Wednesday to begin the process of recovering his property.

“I have met with the (present Rivers State) governor (Chibuike Amaechi) and I have made an appeal to see that I get back my property.

“I served this country with distinction so it is only right that the reward I got in the process be returned to me by the illegal occupants,” he said.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2013/09/keshi-taribo-lose-properties

(1) (Reply)

Moyes: “to Win The Champions League, You Need Five Or Six World-class Players” / Test Your Football Memory / What Area Of The Super Eagle's Team Do You Think Keshi Should Improve Upon?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.