Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (438552 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Hawlahscho(m): 12:40pm On Aug 07, 2014
Emmyk: Hi guys. I get this Error -24 code while trying to download GTBank from playstore. I have tried all the tips I saw online like uninstalling and clearing cache of playstore.... I had the GTBANK app before but it mysteriously uninstalled... what can I do? My P5 is not rooted and I aint ready to root it anytime soon,,

This is the reply I use to get on mine. this phone is not registered to d given account. is like smth is wrong wt d app and p5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by 3CHUB: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Mcleo007: ​Ђ​ΞLLδ people, im having this problem with my phone.. When I switch on, it displays just the Tecno logo and wont boot. I took to computer village and the dude I gave flashed it, but failed to format data completely, and has remained the same same since. Guess its the end of the phone!
Hello I'm from 3c hub 20 awolowo road ikeja...if u still have warranty on the phone take it to Tenco service center or give it to a component engineer to fix it for you.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by walexy5050(m): 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please, how do you know you still have warranty on the fone, I have lost my receipt but I bought it lastyear december, anyone who can help.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Emmyk(m): 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hawlahscho:

This is the reply I use to get on mine. this phone is not registered to d given account. is like smth is wrong wt d app and p5
I had to do a Factory reset. Everything is back to normal. There was one last thing I didn't try tho - clearing the cache of Download Manager. Go figure wink
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Emmyk(m): 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hawlahscho:

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by chakaz(m): 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2014
Pls guys my p5 will always display that "unfortunately com.google.android" has stopped working. I rooted the phone and also changed the imei number. Anyone that knows the interpretation shld let me know pls
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Leobreezy(m): 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2014
Leobreezy: I'm having a hard time backing up my rom, I've tried the usual method, recovery tools flasher and tecno p5 img, but each time I flash it all it does is reboot, even when I press the volume up and power button. Am I missing a step? Please guys help out or if possible do share any alternative method. Thanks
Please any help on this?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by buchito1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2014
Leobreezy: Please any help on this?
so u cant boot into recovery u mean? Tried 3rd party apps?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 12:14am On Aug 08, 2014
walexy5050: Please, how do you know you still have warranty on the fone, I have lost my receipt but I bought it lastyear december, anyone who can help.
receipt or not just take it to them but don't tell them you rooted it in the first place because that will void the warranty even though you bought it that day
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 08, 2014
hello guys.... i subscribe for the glo coweek dis morning its working perfectly buh is kinda slow and the glo i know in my area is very fast buh on my P5 is kinda slow.. pls what can i do to make it fast..... pls help me
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Leobreezy(m): 9:47am On Aug 08, 2014
buchito1: so u cant boot into recovery u mean? Tried 3rd party apps?
I've tried quick boot, all it does is reboot my phone. I noticed that when I turn off my phone and press the volume down and power button, what comes up is a factory reset mode totally written in Chinese. Could that be a hint on why all this is happening?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by 3CHUB: 10:05am On Aug 08, 2014
walexy5050: Please, how do you know you still have warranty on the fone, I have lost my receipt but I bought it lastyear december, anyone who can help.
Hello I'm from 3c hub 20 awolowo road ikeja....your warranty last for 13 months with or without receipt but it will be advisable to go to service center with your receipt...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by walexy5050(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Leobreezy: I've tried quick boot, all it does is reboot my phone. I noticed that when I turn off my phone and press the volume down and power button, what comes up is a factory reset mode totally written in Chinese. Could that be a hint on why all this is happening?
Press power button and volume up button instead of volume down, hope that helps.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by walexy5050(m): 10:10am On Aug 08, 2014
3CHUB:
Hello I'm from 3c hub 20 awolowo road ikeja....your warranty last for 13 months with or without receipt but it will be advisable to go to service center with your receipt...
Am already on my way to computer villa, pls can u give me the address of the service center but I dnt have my receipt
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2014
chakaz: Pls guys my p5 will always display that "unfortunately com.google.android" has stopped working. I rooted the phone and also changed the imei number. Anyone that knows the interpretation shld let me know pls
no one is answering me na.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by 3CHUB: 10:29am On Aug 08, 2014
walexy5050:
Am already on my way to computer villa, pls can u give me the address of the service center but I dnt have my receipt
Hello.....tenco service center is at 20 awolowo road ikeja...that's tenco building or digital square...while they have another one at 77 Opebi.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
penquin: hello guys.... i subscribe for the glo coweek dis morning its working perfectly buh is kinda slow and the glo i know in my area is very fast buh on my P5 is kinda slow.. pls what can i do to make it fast..... pls help me
a beg make ina answer me na
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
hello guys pls i need your help here.. i did everything i should do buh is still slow... pls ur suggestions are highly welcome.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by inspbado(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hello guys. Please I need help with my Phone's dialer. I mistakenly deleted the native dialer that came with the phone. I've now downloaded a dialer app, contacts+, but anytime I want to save a contact, the app tells me "no application found for this action". Please any suggestions on what to do?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mcleo007(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Mcleo007(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hawlahscho:

Where are you?

Lagos sir. Magodo GRA
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by buchito1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Leobreezy: I've tried quick boot, all it does is reboot my phone. I noticed that when I turn off my phone and press the volume down and power button, what comes up is a factory reset mode totally written in Chinese. Could that be a hint on why all this is happening?
I think u should try Vol up+ power, since its showing in Chinese.....

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by buchito1(m): 5:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
penquin: hello guys.... i subscribe for the glo coweek dis morning its working perfectly buh is kinda slow and the glo i know in my area is very fast buh on my P5 is kinda slow.. pls what can i do to make it fast..... pls help me
With 3G its still slow?? Or u use Edge?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
3G
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by AmazingZeus(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
penquin: 3G
it would be network problem,try browsing at night when the service is less conjested since you said is the fastest network in your area,meaning you are not the only one browsing
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by hovatek: 7:09am On Aug 09, 2014
weezii: guys please can doing a factory reset void the rooting?

Think you mean unroot. No, it doesn't. root operates @ the system and boot partition level while factory reset operates @ data partition level

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by hovatek: 7:12am On Aug 09, 2014
inspbado: Hello guys. Please I need help with my Phone's dialer. I mistakenly deleted the native dialer that came with the phone. I've now downloaded a dialer app, contacts+, but anytime I want to save a contact, the app tells me "no application found for this action". Please any suggestions on what to do?
just copy the stock dialer from a working p5 and place it in system > apps. No data > app level app can replace it
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by hovatek: 7:14am On Aug 09, 2014
penquin: a beg make ina answer me na
Did you ever change your IMEI? is you did then that's the most likely cause
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by hovatek: 7:17am On Aug 09, 2014
chakaz: Pls guys my p5 will always display that "unfortunately com.google.android" has stopped working. I rooted the phone and also changed the imei number. Anyone that knows the interpretation shld let me know pls
That's an insufficient permissions error. reset permissions under settings > apps
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Sylverkenz(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2014
my month old gionee p2s 1gb ram for
13k call or whatsapp 07037869230
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Hawlahscho(m): 4:54pm On Aug 09, 2014
Pls guys, I'v been experiencing this problem of application not installed on my tecno p5 since, I don't know what to do. I'v tried many things yet not working, someone should pls help me out.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Hawlahscho(m): 5:05pm On Aug 09, 2014
Mcleo007:

Lagos sir. Magodo GRA

Kinda far. am in Abeokuta

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (186) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / 2go (system Version) Download / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.