Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:40 AM

Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth (1920 Views)

Labourer Carries Bag Of Cement With His Teeth In Lagos(photos) / How The Rich & The Less Rich Brush Their Teeth (Photo) / Lifting A Crate Of Coke With Teeth, How Possible Is This?- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by ochejoseph(m): 6:24am On Sep 20, 2013
A mother has spoken of her shock after she
gave birth to a baby with two fully formed
front teeth.
Vicki Griffiths had planned to breastfeed little
Eva Faith but changed her mind after seeing
the newborn’s teeth.
Eva astounded nurses and midwives as well as
her family when she was born weighing 7lbs
4oz at the James Cook University Hospital in
Middlesbrough.
Initially, nobody realised and it was only when
Mrs Griffiths went to have a bath after giving
birth that her husband Steven spotted the
teeth in his daughter’s lower jaw.
Mrs Griffiths, a 26-year-old child minder, said:
‘When I came back into the room Steven said,
“she’s got teeth, you know!” and then we both
burst out laughing.
‘We were in shock, and so were the midwives.
‘She had her mouth closed to begin with, so we
didn’t notice. It was quite bizarre to see them.’
She added: ‘I had been planning to breastfeed,
but when I saw Eva’s teeth I was put off. I
don’t think anybody could blame me!’
Mr and Mrs Griffiths now worry that Eva will
soon start sprouting more teeth before she is
old enough to have Calpol or other children’s
medicine.
The mother-of-three said: ‘I kept asking the
midwives and nurses what I could give Eva if
she was in pain, but nobody was able to
answer me.
‘They just kept going away and then coming
back with more people to look at Eva’s teeth.
Nobody could believe it.
‘When we came out of hospital I went to see
my GP and he said that he had never heard of
this happening before.
‘Midwives with 25-years’ experience were also
saying they’d never seen it.’
Little Eva Faith was born on September 8 and
is now at home with her parents and older
sisters Elizabeth, seven, and Emily, five, in
Redcar, Cleveland.
At first Mrs Griffiths thought the teeth would
have to be removed in case Eva were to choke
on them, but she was checked over by a
paediatrician who said they were stable
enough not to present a problem.
Eva is now thriving on bottled milk and
delighting all that meet her with her unusual
feature.
Mrs Griffiths added: ‘Eva often has her mouth
open, especially after she has woken up.
‘A professional baby photographer came
round to take some pictures, and she simply
could not believe it. Everyone thinks Eva is
lovely, but can’t get over her teeth.’
Jonathan Wyllie, consultant neonatologist at
James Cook, said: ‘It probably happens about
three times every two years here and we
deliver 4,000 babies a year. It’s every 2,000 to
3,000 births.
‘Babies are born with one or two teeth and it’s
usually in the lower gum.’

www.ynaija.com/bizarre-this-baby-girl-was-born-with-fully-formed-front-teeth-photos/?utm_source=Y!&utm_medium=twitter

Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Rexsul: 6:33am On Sep 20, 2013
wow! i see d world endn soon.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 20, 2013
Her name shd have been Tanigororo Banigororo
But on a more serious note, that's such a flimsy reason not to breastfeed the baby!
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 20, 2013
Odikwa risky.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Codedboy1: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2013
END of TIME is revealing it self in every THING we do
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Caracta(f): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2013
Justosaus: Her name shd have been Tanigororo Banigororo
But on a more serious note, that's such a flimsy reason not to breastfeed the baby!

Flimsy huh? Ahn ahn...i see you don't have ni.pplêss.

@topic, the baby is cute. She was teething in the womb grin
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by homesteady(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2013
By the time the baby grows up, those two teeth will become very monstrous!
Another Ronaldinho in making gringrin
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by ochejoseph(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2013
Just recently an Igala woman Gave birth after carrying the prenancy for 2 years in ayangba, this was after serious Prayers!
Things are happening !
The Bible Says if ma people who are called by my name will HUMBLE themselves and PRAY and REFRAIN from their (our ) EVIL ways he will hear us FORGIVE our Iniquities and HEAL the LAND.
For the Atheist who don't Believe in GOD I pray the mercy of the King will locate u in Jesus name !
For those of us who believe let's strengthen what remains and hold fast to our calling !

Have a Great week end In Jesus Name
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by ronalmagic10(m): 7:07am On Sep 20, 2013
Babies born with natal teeth are not common but its not absolutely rare. I wonder why the midwives with over 25 years of experience are surprised.

However, I pity the mother because there is every possibility that the child may bite her nipple during breastfeeding. Awww, and I hope the paediatrician is quite sure the root is developed and strong; otherwise, the baby might swallow the teeth into the airways.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by UjSizzle(f): 7:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Justosaus: Her name shd have been Tanigororo Banigororo
Flimsy? The baby is teething, she's gonna want to nibble on something and those nippl..es are too precious to munched on angry but you'll need actual nipz to know that, won't you undecided
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by UjSizzle(f): 7:10am On Sep 20, 2013
homesteady: By the time the baby grows up, those two teeth will become very monstrous!
Another Ronaldinho in making gringrin
Hmph i suppose you've forgotten all about Milk and Adult teeth huh or you never studied about them undecided
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by ochejoseph(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Hmph i suppose you've forgotten all about Milk and Adult teeth huh or you never studied about them undecided
Ahhh ahhhh
Why you de finish the guy like that now , he may have forgotten Biology! Pls forgive him
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Sijo01(f): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2013
Kini big deal...... my grand ma use to tell me stories about it. It has happened before and it will continue to.
Cute baby though.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by kilmix: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2013
A child who grows big teeth should also grow big lips to cover them.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by afdynamic(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2013
grin grin grin ........ wonder neva shall end.

i heard stuff like dis b4, i dont tink dis is d first time it happend.
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Emmyk(m): 7:49am On Sep 20, 2013
No breastfeeding?
It's not like the baby has upper teeth, so what will he/she push the nip.ple against when sucking? undecided
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2013
Caracta:

Flimsy huh? Ahn ahn...i see you don't have ni.pplêss.

@topic, the baby is cute. She was teething in the womb grin
no lady, there's something u don't seem to understand...
First, she's likely to replace those teeth wit adult teeth later
Second, think of all d necessary & very vital nutrients she'll be loosing frm not taking breastmilk, just becos her mother fears being bitten. The first few milk to come out frm d nipples wen d baby begins breastfeedin's d COLOSTRUM, and its very rich in terms of immunity components, proteins & vitamins, which d baby 'll be missing (except d bottled milk is actually expressed breastmilk)
Third, d act of breastfeeding alone has been proven time & again to promote mother-child bonding, which is probably why most children are more attached to their mothers dan fathers
Fourth, many children over a yr old (with almost complete set of teeth) still breastfeed, not to talk of a neonate. Tell me, how effective is d bite frm a baby wit two teeth on d lower jaw, with only gum & no teeth on d upper jaw?
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 20, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Flimsy? The baby is teething, she's gonna want to nibble on something and those nippl..es are too precious to munched on angry but you'll need actual nipz to know that, won't you undecided
Everyone has nipp.,less baby, some are just overpriced...like Gareth Bale of Real Madrid...
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by homesteady(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Mrs-I-too-know can't you identify a joke when you see one?? angry
BTW if it is a normal case, why is it making headlines?
Are milk teeth supposed to be out now?
Or did you also come to this world with teeth? Mtcheeew #busy Body

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Wetin person no fit see for this world next na baby with beard them go born
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by homesteady(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2013
ochejoseph:
Ahhh ahhhh
Why you de finish the guy like that now , he may have forgotten Biology! Pls forgive him
And I suppose that you have a Ph.D in Biology?? angry
What are my sins that she has to forgive me??
Or did you also come to this world with teeth?? undecided
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Caracta(f): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Justosaus:
no lady, there's something u don't seem to understand...
First, she's likely to replace those teeth wit adult teeth later
Second, think of all d necessary & very vital nutrients she'll be loosing frm not taking breastmilk, just becos her mother fears being bitten. The first few milk to come out frm d nipples wen d baby begins breastfeedin's d COLOSTRUM, and its very rich in terms of immunity components, proteins & vitamins, which d baby 'll be missing (except d bottled milk is actually expressed breastmilk)
Third, d act of breastfeeding alone has been proven time & again to promote mother-child bonding, which is probably why most children are more attached to their mothers dan fathers
Fourth, many children over a yr old (with almost complete set of teeth) still breastfeed, not to talk of a neonate. Tell me, how effective is d bite frm a baby wit two teeth on d lower jaw, with only gum & no teeth on d upper jaw?

I understand you. I also appreciate the importance of breåstfeed.ing. My point is that feeding a baby with teeth is not FLIMSY. Not that it cannot be done, it can. I don't even know how to explain what babies do to their mothers' ni.ppl.es to you guys. *sighs*
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by UjSizzle(f): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2013
homesteady:

Mrs-I-too-know can't you identify a joke when you see one?? angry
BTW if it is a normal case, why is it making headlines?
Are milk teeth supposed to be out now?
Or did you also come to this world with teeth? Mtcheeew #busy Body
I'd expect you to make jokes with sense....

didn't see that happening undecided
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by homesteady(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2013
uj_sizzle:
I'd expect you to make jokes with sense....

didn't see that happening undecided

Hey you bimbo, you haven't answered my question!
Did you come to this world with teeth??
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Caracta:

I understand you. I also appreciate the importance of breåstfeed.ing. My point is that feeding a baby with teeth is not FLIMSY. Not that it cannot be done, it can. I don't even know how to explain what babies do to their mothers' ni.ppl.es to you guys. *sighs*
hahahahaha...the women of nowadays...i think its just a little sacrifice dat u hav to make...i work in d healthcare industry & i've seen many women refuse their children of breeastmilk for several of such reasons. Thing is, wit proper guidance & care, it is very possible. Am quite suprised dat even d paediatricians & nurses didn't put her through in dat direction...
Its all good anyway, wats d use of us arguing here over wat happened thousands of miles away, which doesn't even concern any of us...lol
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by lertee(f): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2013
Eyinwunmi Eyinlabi grin
Re: Picture Of Baby Born With Fully Developed Front Teeth by r231(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2013

(1)

OMG See What Wizkid Did To Ini Edo On Stage In Mali / If You Have A Dirty Mind, You Will Laugh At This Situation Read More: Https://ww / Sell It Now! At A Very Good Rate. Call Or Whatsapp Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.