Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes (27229 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike May End Soon AS Sambo Intervenes, Strikes New Deal / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 20, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities ASUU may call off the lingering strike action across public universities in the country, as the Vice-President, Namadi Sambo met with the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, in Abuja on Thursday.

The meeting which was held behind closed doors had in attendance the supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike and the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie.

The union was led by its National President, Dr. Nasir Faggae, and two former Presidents of ASUU; Dr. Dipo Fasina and Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano.

Others at the meeting were the Vice-Chancellors of Bayero University Kano, Prof. Abdulrasheed Abubakar; Prof. Isaac Adewole of the University of Ibadan; and Prof. Muhammed Hamisu of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

It was however uncertain if yesterday?s discussion was fruitful as the two parties did not disclose the outcome of the meeting which lasted for two hours to journalists.

Fagge, however, told State House Correspondents that the union would make its position known after the National Executive Council meeting.

Wike assured Nigerians that students would soon return to school as government was ready to make sure all the contending issues were resolved as soon as possible.

According to sources this was because the Federal Government had agreed to inject fund to revitalize the university system.

?The meeting went well, the vice-president made some new offers that were different from what was on ground before. For instance, the Federal Government had agreed to start the injection of revitalisation fund into the university system starting with N100bn this year and N150bn in 2014 and this will continue until the university system is solid enough to stand.

In what seems to be a ray of Hope of appeared over the on going strike embarked by the public universities? lecturers as the Vice-President, Namadi Sambo met with the leadership of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU,in Abuja on Thursday.

The meeting which was held behind closed doors had in attendance the supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike and the Executive Secretary of National Universities Commission, Prof. Julius Okojie.

The union was led by its National President, Dr. Nasir Faggae, and two former Presidents of ASUU; Dr. Dipo Fasina and Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano.

Others at the meeting were the Vice-Chancellors of Bayero University Kano, Prof. Abdulrasheed Abubakar; Prof. Isaac Adewole of the University of Ibadan; and Prof. Muhammed Hamisu of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

It was however uncertain if yesterday?s discussion was fruitful as the two parties did not disclose the outcome of the meeting which lasted for two hours to journalists.

Fagge, however, told State House Correspondents that the union would make its position known after the National Executive Council meeting.

Wike assured Nigerians that students would soon return to school as government was ready to make sure all the contending issues were resolved as soon as possible.

According to sources this was because the Federal Government had agreed to inject fund to revitalize the university system.

The meeting went well, the vice-president made some new offers that were different from what was on ground before. For instance, the Federal Government had agreed to start the injection of revitalisation fund into the university system starting with N100bn this year and N150bn in 2014 and this will continue until the university system is solid enough to stand.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/strike-may-end-soon-as-sambo-meets-ASUU/
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by yunglykmine(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2013
Ok oO.. Till then, we will keep praying.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Emmyk(m): 7:41am On Sep 20, 2013
We are waiting...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2013
I am personally forwarding a letter to the Fed Govt and ASUU becos we the students will soon go on strike for the delay. Until our demand are met, we won't attend classes. The demands listed are

1. As a final year student I was suppose to graduate this September but for the delay of ASUU things went opposite. I am charging them for damages.

2. I programmed my house rent expiring date in school to fall in September so that once I graduate I park my load. But for the delay, my house rent has expired on the 14th of Sept. So they better add 90k to the money they want to collect from Fed Govt or they pay from the money they are expecting from Fed Govt.

3. My Project labouratory work has been tempered with thereby spending additional money to correct it. If not for the strike I would have completed it without delay.

For this, I am holding ASUU and Fed Govt ransom for these extra expenses they caused us.

93 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Inyanga(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2013
Sincerely hope this strike is called off ASAP, we need to resume school........

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by fuadnero(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2013
i don hear this story tire... angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by lertee(f): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
I cannot believe this story until ASUU has called the strike off.
Let monday come before posting

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Danhumprey: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2013
Fake news! angry
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
lertee: I can't not believe this story until ASUU has called the strike off.
babe which one is can't not ? Abi na ASUU cause this one again....

31 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Aedesmuskeeto: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2013
I refuse to believe. When faggae still dey para for fg on radio this morning...

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Aedesmuskeeto: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2013
lertee: I can't not believe this story until ASUU has called the strike off.
THA F#CK
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by lertee(f): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2013
Wizee: babe which one is can't not ? Abi na ASUU cause these one again....
Thanks for pointing that out,it has been modified smiley
Aedes_muskeeto: THA F#CK
why matching P now,are you that pained? undecided

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Dannymm(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2013
hmmmm jux wana go 2 scu ooo.......ASUU or no ASUU
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by swayflow: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2013
That's great....meanwhile you can check this out..it might help http:///16rxw2W

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Tintinix: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Danhumprey: Fake news! angry

Of course na! Your type will not just hope it is true! Oga Pessimistic

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by AbuMikey(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Skillbobralph: I am personally forwarding a letter to the Fed Govt and ASUU becos we the students will soon go on strike for the delay. Until our demand are met, we won't attend classes. The demands listed are

1. As a final year student I was suppose to graduate this September but for the delay of ASUU things went opposite. I am charging them for damages.

2. I programmed my house rent expiring date in school to fall in September so that once I graduate I park my load. But for the delay, my house rent has expired on the 14th of Sept. So they better add 90k to the money they want to collect from Fed Govt or they pay from the money they are expecting from Fed Govt.

3. My Project labouratory work has been tempered with thereby spending additional money to correct it. If not for the strike I would have completed it without delay.

For this, I am holding ASUU and Fed Govt ransom for these extra expenses they caused us.
Gba Sibe!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by kennethokey(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2013
Wizee: babe which one is can't not ? Abi na ASUU cause these one again....
dude which one be these one. U no do singular & plural 4 skul 2 knw say these na plural. For ur correction mr correcter use this one.

32 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Fkforyou(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2013
K.
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Dannyxy(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2013
O.k
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Damlesky(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2013
today is friday in three days time we go no wetin go happen... make God keep us
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by kolidave: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2013
Called off in the next 2wks?!!!!! WTH naw!!!! We aint getting any younger na. Beards and mustache don full my face oooo
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by kolidave: 11:33am On Sep 20, 2013
Tayerulz: . Nawa o bros, why u sef nor enta sch on tym. Well, i fit spare u sum bucks so u can shave ur beards.,LOL. We knw we r resuming next yr, so u pple shld not raise our hopes.
na naija cause am na,admission no easy to get. Next year E be like say age still dey ur side wella abi
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by yungcyrus(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2013
kolidave: Called off in the next 2wks?!!!!! WTH naw!!!! We aint getting any younger na. Beards and mustache don full my face oooo
.............................................hehehehe!! Papa ur boys ar loyal.....
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 20, 2013

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by kolidave: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
yung cyrus: .............................................hehehehe!! Papa ur boys ar loyal.....
lmaooooo. Na so na . Na naija cause am

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by immortalvoices(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
Skillbobralph: I am personally forwarding a letter to the Fed Govt and ASUU becos we the students will soon go on strike for the delay. Until our demand are met, we won't attend classes. The demands listed are

Wait o bros! Make we increase am 92 count charge make ASUU nd FG reason us wella u nor say na wetin dem no understand dey sabi fear..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by immortalvoices(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2013

Wait o bros! Make we increase am 92 count charge make ASUU nd FG reason us wella u nor say na wetin dem no understand dey sabi fear..

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by Stunner1(f): 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
ASUU Asun
Re: ASUU Strike May End Soon As Sambo Intervenes by stevolinkon40: 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
okay o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Thread For Computer Science Students.(Nacossites) / Help Me Choose One Among These Courses (photo) / Lead British School Addresses Bullying Of Student (Press Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.