Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Only In Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only In Nigeria (1439 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only In Nigeria by rockbase360: 8:00am On Sep 20, 2013
Okay this is a story I just had to share with Nairalanders. I sent one of my uncle's a brand new Q10 BLACKBERRY through a friend of mine that visited Nigeria in the summer. He only spent 2 days in Lagos, so he left the phone for his older brother to "hold" pending "pick-up" by my uncle. I called my uncle 2 weeks ago and he told me "something" am still yet to "digest" or even "decipher". The so-called "older brother" told my uncle that he activated the phone and is now using it and that he feels like my uncle is too old to use the phone( I am sure you re-read that last sentence again). I called my friend and told him what my uncle told me. Like me, he couldn't believe it. I called this older brother and he told me the same thing, only this time, offering to buy my uncle a Samsung phone."At least the old man can understand how to take use dat one, I even use 10k ACTIVATE this phone self ".....he said.

1 Like

Re: Only In Nigeria by bellong: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2013
What a myopic and foolish conclusion from you. What has the action of your friend's older brother got to do with the hopelessness of the country. Like beget like, if your friend's older brother could do what you described, it only shows the type of people you attract and in same analysis the type of person you are.

Nigeria has millions of issues but your story is not good enough to conclude there is no hope for the country. Meanwhile, Nigeria is made up of Nigerians which you are part. If your friend couldn't do anything to resolve this situation, my humble conclusion is that its you, your friend and the older brother that seems to be hopeless in this situation.

4 Likes

Re: Only In Nigeria by rockbase360: 8:22am On Sep 20, 2013
bellong:
What a myopic and foolish conclusion from you. What has the action of your friend's older brother got to do with the hopelessness of the country. Like beget like, if your friend's older brother could do what you described, it only shows the type of people you attract and in same analysis the type of person you are.

Nigeria has millions of issues but your story is not good enough to conclude there is no hope for the country. Meanwhile, Nigeria is made up of Nigerians which you are part. If your friend couldn't do anything to resolve this situation, my humble conclusion is that its you, your friend and the older brother that seems to be hopeless in this situation.

take am easy o

1 Like

Re: Only In Nigeria by bellong: 8:24am On Sep 20, 2013
rockbase360:

take am easy o

No be fight bro.... Its the hasty conclusion that is not good. Its better to direct your grievances against the guy than the collective character defamation.
Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2013
Your uncle should be careful now If he eventually gets the phone, since this issue is up, they may slap the phone out from him later. Berra get your old uncle a nokiatorch.

Bellong is right, change your topic to something else. He doesn't like when you say crap about his country. He never give up on the country.
Re: Only In Nigeria by soulglo: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
Chillisauce: Your uncle should be careful now If he eventually gets the phone, since this issue is up, they may slap the phone out from him later. Berra get your old uncle a nokiatorch.

Bellong is right, change your topic to something else. He doesn't like when you say crap about his country. He never give up on the country.

Are you suggesting he let the thief keep the phone?
Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 21, 2013
You just can't trust people with your possessions. When things're being passed around like that (you gave it to one person, he gave it someone else), count it as a lost cause. The brother who now has the phone is older, so him saying his brother's too old to use the phone makes no sense, lol.

1 Like

Re: Only In Nigeria by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2013
Only a Nigerian would buy a fad smartphone for an old uncle. (What's he gonna do with it?tomorrow now,when he asks for baggy jeans and bling bling,OP would create a thread to label home based Nigerians as beggars)
Only a Nigerian would buy a $500 phone yet find it difficult to spend $50 on courier

@OP,tell me another story jor !

3 Likes

Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2013
Where else? Colombia maybe? undecided
Re: Only In Nigeria by RoyalRoy(m): 9:01am On Sep 21, 2013
D.O.A

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Only In Nigeria by EfemenaXY: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
rockbase360: Okay this is a story I just had to share with Nairalanders. I sent one of my uncle's a brand new Q10 BLACKBERRY through a friend of mine that visited Nigeria in the summer. He only spent 2 days in Lagos, so he left the phone for his older brother to "hold" pending "pick-up" by my uncle. I called my uncle 2 weeks ago and he told me "something" am still yet to "digest" or even "decipher". The so-called "older brother" told my uncle that he activated the phone and is now using it and that he feels like my uncle is too old to use the phone( I am sure you re-read that last sentence again). I called my friend and told him what my uncle told me. Like me, he couldn't believe it. I called this older brother and he told me the same thing, only this time, offering to buy my uncle a Samsung phone."At least the old man can understand how to take use dat one, I even use 10k ACTIVATE this phone self ".....he said.

Guy, d'you know how annoying it is for us readers to read a half completed story?

Abeg finish the tale! So what happened next? Did you organise Area boys to grab the phone from the thief? Was the thief beaten up, poured petrol upon and set alight? (Jungle Justice) Or did your uncle go to court and bribed a few hands along the way to get 'justice'?

Abeg come back here and finish up, jare! angry angry angry
Re: Only In Nigeria by Kanwulia: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
That is a TYPICAL Nigerian behavior midst DE-HUMANIZING POVERTY!
TOTAL LACK OF CONSIDERATION. . . without AN ETHICAL OR MORAL COMPASS! kiss
I am not surprised at all!
I would leave the phone with the PSYCHO-SOCIOPATHIC-AREA-TOUT. . . .
Get another phone. . . . .simple! kiss

3:30PM. . .time to baff and chop some beta EBA AND OKRO STEW. cool

1 Like

Re: Only In Nigeria by plaetton: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2013
It seems that we have lost our sense of common decency. I am more shocked that people are attacking and questioning the op, rather than express shock at the level of moral depravity showcased on this piece.

Are we devolving back into wild animals? Even chimpanzies in the wild have a more orderly and harmonious social order than the crop of so-called humans who inhabit Nigeria today.
Anyone is free to bury their head in the sand like an ostrich, but the truth is the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
plaetton: It seems that we have lost our sense of common decency. I am more shocked that people are attacking and questioning the op, rather than express shock at the level of moral depravity showcased on this piece.

Are we devolving back into wild animals? Even chimpanzies in the wild have a more orderly and harmonious social order than the crop of so-called humans who inhabit Nigeria today.
Anyone is free to bury their head in the sand like an ostrich, but the truth is the truth.
Pple attacked the poster bc he just painted nigeria black. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04am On Sep 23, 2013
plaetton: It seems that we have lost our sense of common decency. I am more shocked that people are attacking and questioning the op, rather than express shock at the level of moral depravity showcased on this piece.

lol. WORD. grin
Re: Only In Nigeria by rockbase360: 5:10am On Oct 10, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Guy, d'you know how annoying it is for us readers to read a half completed story?

Abeg finish the tale! So what happened next? Did you organise Area boys to grab the phone from the thief? Was the thief beaten up, poured petrol upon and set alight? (Jungle Justice) Or did your uncle go to court and bribed a few hands along the way to get 'justice'?

Abeg come back here and finish up, jare! angry angry angry

Okay the concluding episode ..

Family meeting - As per yoruba tradition, Awon wolebi was involved( his older uncles). He still refused. My uncle told me that his family members pleaded with him to "put everything in the hands of God" and let it go. No Area boys were paid. I just told my uncle to forget about the phone. I really don't care about those that attacked me on here. I wonder how they will feel if the phone was meant for them ( ...will be raising hell). The dude in questions appears to be a thug and I wouldn't want a situation in which someone is stabbed because of a mobile phone. I will be visiting nigeria in december...hell no ( dont even think about asking that question)
Re: Only In Nigeria by EfemenaXY: 12:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
^^ Just that?

No action-filled fights? I am disappointed tongue cool
Re: Only In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 20, 2013
bellong:

easy on the boy cheesy easy does it,calm down,all will be well cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Couple Who Couldn’t Afford House Rent.convert Old Sch.bus Into A Beautiful Home / When You Thought Your Lie Had Set You Free / I Need Your Advice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.