Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

I Need Your Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Advice. (1446 Views)

My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice / Should I Change My Surname, Please I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
grin There's this lady that my bro is about marrying after we have visited her parents for a formal intro, she spends most of her days in my bro's place.
Something transpired one fateful day,she told me I have been taken her for granted lately, prior to her complaints, we both shared things in common, our mode of interactions and level of communications both with my bro and herself were d evidence because they were so lovely back then. But now? she no longer talk to me, refuses to wash my dish after meal that's if she agree to cook,refuses to eat if I do the cooking even she won't wash anything I used for cooking. The level of the rivalry is getting to much! I don't wanna be part of it any longer! My bro noticed all these changes but he's not asking me for anything as relating to that.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Eketem: 9:48am On Feb 04, 2016
You called her your brothers fiancée not his house help. Why would you expect her to wash your plates are your hands broken?

She is right you are rude and entitled. I like that she has stopped that slavery now so at least you won’t expect that she will wait on you hands and feet for the rest of her life.

Why should your brother ask when you obviously have very little sense or respect for his wife.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice. by Cutehector(m): 9:55am On Feb 04, 2016
I wrote about this issue of "washing plates" months back, and I opined that adults should clean up after themselves and that it brings respect, yet some silly people criticized my comments. How can a full grown adult behave like a "child"?

Things like "washing your clothes, cleaning your room, washing your plate after eating and ironing your clothes" should be done by you only! Unless you are physically challenged or a parent!

You will tell me nw Dat u expect her to come clean ur yarnsh for u wen u finish stooling at the toilet right?

Please quit behaving like a kid! She ain't your slave!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice. by Elosky20: 9:55am On Feb 04, 2016
Eketem:
You called her your brothers fiancée not his house help. Why would you expect her to wash your plates are your hands broken?

She is right you are rude and entitled. I like that she has stopped that slavery now so at least you won’t expect that she will wait on you hands and feet for the rest of her life.

Why should your brother ask when you obviously have very little sense or respect for his wife.
chai its nt fair. i believe his brother got engage to the wrong woman, her refusing to eat or wash his plate is evident to that. there are no big deal in cooking and washing of plates to a lady. she has gotten into the family nw is the time to shw her real color. her second name should be LAZY
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Dyt(f): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2016
grin grin grin
Are you sure you not scoping her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice. by PresVA: 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Maybe you're getting disrespectful and she has decided to give you some space... you are younger than her husband I presume. ..

However, why won't you wash your plates after eating? Her sudden change is the koko shaaa since she was washing it before... be yourself from day 1 ladies!!
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 10:02am On Feb 04, 2016
Eketem:

I do respect her bro...even before now, I do wash my plates after every meal...I do chores bro!
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Elosky20: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
I do respect her bro...even before now, I do wash my plates after every meal...I do chores bro!
i believe ur part of the story, she is a green snake in green grass. i only pity ur brother sha.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Cutehector(m): 10:07am On Feb 04, 2016
Dyt:
grin grin grin
Are you sure you not scoping her?
looool, funny enough, u may be right cheesy
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Bootylicious(f): 10:57am On Feb 04, 2016
Iranu.. common go and wash your plates yourself are you physically challenged? All those rubbish culture is fast fading out in Nigeria. We are not your slaves
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Creamish(f): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
grin There's this lady that my bro is about marrying after we have visited her parents for a formal intro, she spends most of her days in my bro's place.
Something transpired one fateful day,she told me I have been taken her for granted lately, prior to her complaints, we both shared things in common, our mode of interactions and level of communications both with my bro and herself were d evidence because they were so lovely back then. But now? she no longer talk to me, refuses to wash my dish after meal that's if she agree to cook,refuses to eat if I do the cooking even she won't wash anything I used for cooking. The level of the rivalry is getting to much! I don't wanna be part of it any longer! My bro noticed all these changes but he's not asking me for anything as relating to that.

@bolde.d.. What did u do to make her change this much? When u take someone for granted, it's very likely that the person will change towards you. Why are you shocked?
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Bootylicious:
Iranu.. common go and wash your plates yourself are you physically challenged? All those rubbish culture is fast fading out in Nigeria. We are not your slaves
grin
Bootylicious:
Lol.....finished asking her some questions just now. she said she's new to the system. We both apologized for our wrong doings. Thanks all.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Acidosis(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Acidosis(m): 11:34am On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
grin
Lol.....finished asking her some questions just now. she said she's new to the system. We both apologized for our wrong doings. Thanks all.

Watch your back. A girlfriend (not a wife yet) who enjoys holding grudges with "her in-law to be" to the extent of avoiding his food, utensils and anything he touches in his brother's home is capable of anything.

Peace.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 11:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Acidosis:

Watch your back. A girlfriend (not a wife yet) who enjoys holding grudges with "her in-law to be" to the extent of avoiding his food, utensils and anything he touches in his brother's home is capable of anything.

Peace.
Thanks bro....

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 11:59am On Feb 04, 2016
Cutehector:
looool, funny enough, u may be right cheesy
Lol....
Re: I Need Your Advice. by crackhaus: 12:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
grin
Huh? undecided
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 12:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
crackhaus:
Huh? undecided
. surprised?
Re: I Need Your Advice. by crackhaus: 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
surprised?
She's new to which system?
Re: I Need Your Advice. by armyofone(m): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
She is indirectly telling you two steps forward and one step backward. Meaning be ahead and get ready to vamoose grin
Re: I Need Your Advice. by WHOcarex: 2:53pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: I Need Your Advice. by jashar(f): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2016
so washing plates and cleaning up after oneself is now an issue? I Give Up.

Signs of a troublesome in-law.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
crackhaus:
She's new to which system?
Marriage... so she said
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 3:29pm On Feb 04, 2016
jashar:

grin
jashar:

Lol....its not what you are thinking though
Re: I Need Your Advice. by jashar(f): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:
grin
Lol....its not what you are thinking though

Wetin you wan make I talk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice. by crackhaus: 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:

Marriage... so she said
undecidedundecided

Both of you are very unserious people.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
crackhaus:
undecidedundecided
Both of you are very unserious people.
how? + the reason I shared it for an advice
Re: I Need Your Advice. by crackhaus: 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
Peterina:

how? + the reason I shared it for an advice
You expect people to clean up after you, while she won't eat the food you cook because she's new to marriage.

That's how.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice. by Peterina(m): 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2016
crackhaus:

You expect people to clean up after you, while she won't eat the food you cook because she's new to marriage.

That's how.
lol...she ain't cleaning up for me bro.
Re: I Need Your Advice. by Bisjosh(f): 11:44am On Feb 05, 2016
Me I sha dunno why grown assed guy would still be squatting with his sibling undecided

@op pls hustle more and find ur own space. After infidelity, the next thing that breaks up marriage are IN-LAWs

(1) (Reply)

11 Most Weird Celebrity Wedding Dress and Outfit in the world / Brand New Split A.C For Sale(pix- SOLD OUT) / emptation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.