Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight (920 Views)

Missed Flight On Arik Air. What To Do ? / Have You Ever Missed A Flight? / Nigerians in DIASPORA, Will Never Be Missed... #FACT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by babeface3: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
Is it that the announcers at the airport must speak in that near oyibo accent or is it the rule that they must announce flight in such way?

A woman yesterday missed her flight and had to pay extra after lamenting her fate, having missed a very important event at Abuja. According to her, she could'nt understand the English spoken by the flight announcer when she was suppose to board.

I think this attitude looks ridiculous, and typical of most things done in this part of the world. While in Europe, all the airports through which I had traveled made necessary announcements in the local languages before making such announcements in English.

Is it bad if announcements are made in the 3 major languages in Nigeria before such English spoken with funny twang. shocked

1 Like

Re: Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by Nigerianmovie(m): 4:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
Noted
we shall set up a 5 man committee to look into that

1 Like

Re: Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by Vicjustice: 5:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
babeface3: Is it that the announcers at the airport must speak in that near oyibo accent or is it the rule that they must announce flight in such way?

A woman yesterday missed her flight and had to pay extra after lamenting her fate, having missed a very important event at Abuja. According to her, she could'nt understand the English spoken by the flight announcer when she was suppose to board.

I think this attitude looks ridiculous, and typical of most things done in this part of the world. While in Europe, all the airports through which I had traveled made necessary announcements in the local languages before making such announcements in English.

Is it bad if announcements are made in the 3 major languages in Nigeria before such English spoken with funny twang. shocked

What business has a person who doesn't understand English got with the airport without a guide?
By the way, not every Nigerian understand any of the major languages?
Re: Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
babeface3: Is it that the announcers at the airport must speak in that near oyibo accent or is it the rule that they must announce flight in such way?

How about Nigerians who doesn't understand those 3 major languages?
Re: Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by babeface3: 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
majority understand the three major languages in Nigeria including the minorities. And besides, everyone must not understand the three major languages before they are used at the airport to ease sufferness.

It is not bad if other indigenous languages like the major 3 are employed to better inform people of flight schedules
Re: Flight Announcement: Woman Missed Her Flight by justwise(m): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2013
babeface3: majority understand the three major languages in Nigeria including the minorities. And besides, everyone must not understand the three major languages before they are used at the airport to ease sufferness.

It is not bad if other indigenous languages like the major 3 are employed to better inform people of flight schedules

....and if the majority are not among those traveling? They have to now demand that announcement be made in their own language as well?

English language is our official language and announcement can only be made in English language to avoid different ethnic groups demanding that announcement should be made in their own language

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Go To Niger From Lagos Without Passport? / U.K. To Start Screening For Ebola! / Missing Airplane Has Been Seen, Crashed In Belitung Timur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.