Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! (20964 Views)

Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2013
Hello folks. Was not sure where to post this but since it has stuff to do with cars and roads, I have decided to drop it here.

So guys, relax and enjoy the ever eventful commute between Lagos and Ibadan on the popular Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

4 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by nekaa(f): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2013
Like cirously? :/ Lagos to sokoto will be far more eventful.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by Sijo01(f): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2013
I see no pics, man. where are they?
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 11:31am On Sep 21, 2013
Sorry, looks like the pictures are too large. They are not showing up. I'll resize and upload soon. Please have some patience. Thanks!
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by redcliff: 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2013
nekaa: Like cirously? :/ Lagos to sokoto will be far more eventful.

You do not have to jump from section to section, commenting on every thread in anticipation it would get to fp and you'l be first to comment. Wonderinf what a you is doing in car talk. Lol. just saying. Rme*
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by nekaa(f): 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2013
redcliff:

You do not have to jump from section to section, commenting on every thread in anticipation it would get to fp and you'l be first to comment. Wonderinf what a you is doing in car talk. Lol. just saying. Rme*
how e concien you ehn? I saw it on new. And no punny intended buh this is not a potential front page topic, you should know I know that...
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Hello fellas,

So sorry for the delay. MTN decided to show me ni o

Pictures loading now

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
That's me leaving the island.

Roads looking good... smiley

More pictures coming up

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by danadam(m): 1:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
I believe you enjoyed your trip. How's your benz doin? I can deduce it's a facelift W203. more pix.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 9:43am On Sep 23, 2013
Hi guys.

MTN was at it again yesterday. angry I could not upload more than those ones. Had to go fight at their outlet this morning. Even at that... Had to get an Etisalat to allow me continue.

It should be an easy breeze henceforth... I hope. lipsrsealed

Ran into some traffic on 3rd mainland bridge. Heard it was due to som repair work. What kinda contractor does repair work just when rush hour's around the corner?

danadam: I believe you enjoyed your trip. How's your benz doin? I can deduce it's a facelift W203. more pix.

You are absolutely correct. It is a facelift W203. Amazing machine it is. Its over a year now and I'm loving every second with it. Her name is Lillian by the way... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 9:53am On Sep 23, 2013
Just got out of the 3rd mainland traffic. You can see the traffic at Oworu build up too

Apparently, those guys fixing stuff were the cause

And here I am at Berger, 1 hr 6 minutes after I left Lagos Island. Whew! Lagos and traffic...

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2013
And I get on the long bridge...

*covers eyes* at state of roads

Traffic build up just before MFM camp

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Out of MFM Camp traffic.

You can see the build up on the other side. It is always very bad. Folks spend a minimum of 2.5 hours in it

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2013
And I arrive at Deeper Life Camp.

Oops! The rains are here... pictures amy lose a little crispyness. Hopefully it'll clear soon.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:27am On Sep 23, 2013
Men at work!!! grin grin. That notification is a joke

Finally, just before getting to Sagamu, we begin to see signs of some JB construction work.

My opinion o, but the guys fixing the Challenge - Toll gate (Ibadan) road dualization have work going on on a much larger scale... More like x10.

Are the Federals not supposed to be the ones with the big guns ni?

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2013
On I go...

The first truck I see with some form of activity

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2013
The only Caterpillar working...

On I go...

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2013
And I get to Sagamu... JB working on less than 500meters!!! shocked This road will not be finished till 2030 o! cry

That was where the road repairs got launched July 5, 2013

On I go. sad

Lemme see what RCC has done on their part.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2013
Rains are here... In full force.

Looks like there's not much done on RCC's part

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
Wait o,

RCC's doing sumn! Yeah, the middle part is being cleared of bush

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:44am On Sep 23, 2013
^^^^

And the road claimed the first victim,

That car ran into a giant pot-hole and lost a tyre. No one was injured though.
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2013
Median clearance, median clearance, median clearance and then, another major casualty.

This happened right in front of me. The Dangote truck tried to avoid a pot-hole and lost control. It flipped over and went "Boom! Crash! Bang! Boom!" as the tyres exploded when it landed on the ground. The sound of metal on tarmac with the accompanying tyre explosions were soooo loud! Jeez! it was on of my scariest moments this year. It looked just like a movie, except this was right in my presence. Had to park and let off some steam

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:54am On Sep 23, 2013
Details of the truck as I drove by.

That was the dude driving. Luckily, he came out of it alive.

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 10:56am On Sep 23, 2013
For no apparent reason, not like there's a cogent reason though, that goat is driving against traffic, endangering the life of other road users

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2013
RCC has also decided to use some of the red & white road barriers. Dunno what they are for anyway. There is no indication of anything going on there

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2013
^^^^

And median clearing ends!
Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 23, 2013
Naija roads are tyre eaters 3 gone and counting.

1 Like

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by freezy(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2013
The road claims another casualty.

That dude lost both tyres in front.

And once again, I survived the Lagos-Ibadan expressway! I arrive Ibadan in one piece! 3 hours 43 minutes upon departure from Lagos Island

God bless Nigeria! smiley

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
boredom is a terrible illness

5 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
Sorry man but this ish is boring.

3 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
[size=20pt]This na person wey suppose concentrate and drive abi?

Later when e get accident una go blame GEJ or una go ask whether I go stop to assist the wounded...mtchew[/size]

6 Likes

Re: My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! by TonySpike: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
I see the roads in Lagos aren't that bad. However, I can see it simply gets bad as soon as you pass Alausa area of the Lags-Ibadan expressway.

By the way, I wonder why a class A highway like Lagos-Ibadan expressway isn't yet upgraded to an international super-highway standards...it's a shame to see cracks everywhere on that road

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 / Another Fuel Tanker Crashes In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.