Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Visa Application: Top 10 Most Bizarre Interview Questions - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Application: Top 10 Most Bizarre Interview Questions (1154 Views)

10 Most Naturally Beautiful States In Nigeria. / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Bizarre Illegal Immigration Techniques: How People And Drugs Are Smuggled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Visa Application: Top 10 Most Bizarre Interview Questions by olempe(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2013
The last 12 months must have been a pretty entertaining time to be a visa expert if the results of a new study are anything to go by.

From alarming confessions to a shocking lack of cultural knowledge the top 10 makes for some rather eye-watering and rib-tickling reading. And here it is in all its weird glory:

"I've heard that cocaine is legal in Columbia; is this true?" - an enquiry from a visa applicant looking to move there from France.

"Do you know if it's easier to find a wife in England? I'm struggling here." - said a Peruvian applicant for a UK visa.

"Is everybody friends with the Queen?" - asked a Japanese applicant looking to move to England.

"If I live in America, will I be a movie star?" - question posed by a Filipino applicant

"I want to be closer to Elton John. He doesn’t come to Togo. Do you see him much in Britain?" - a man from Togo professing to be Elton John's biggest fan and looking to move to the UK.

"Is it legal to marry your car?" - question asked by a man from the USA looking to move to Guatemala.

"I've committed a serious crime, but I haven't been caught or convicted. Will I be immune once I move?" asked an individual from Italy.

"Is it illegal if I don't speak Dutch?" asked one applicant from the Middle East who was looking to secure a Shengen visa for the Netherlands.

"Somebody told me that Australia was founded by criminals. Do I have to have a criminal record to move there?" - a Malaysian based enquiry for an Australian visa.

"I don't have a passport. If I sail to Portugal but don't fly will they let me live there?" - asked a UK resident looking to move there.

SOURCE: http://myoddnews..com/2013/09/visa-application-top-10-most-bizarre.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/visa-application-top-10-most-2287682

Re: Visa Application: Top 10 Most Bizarre Interview Questions by Chanchit: 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2013
Can I renounce being a Nigerian if I enter Detriot today..?

(1) (Reply)

For Nigerians That Just Travelled Abroad (share Your EBOLA Experience) / Railway Derailed In Oshogbo This Morning / Between Canada And Australia Which Is The Best For Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.