Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Need Urgent Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Urgent Advice (1149 Views)

I Need Urgent Help With Singapore Visa / Urgent: Advice On Which Country Abroad To Do A PGD Program / Biko I Need Urgent Advice/intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Urgent Advice by Babygal4eva(f): 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm kinda desperate.

So I went to renew my international passport(Nigerian) and I made a mistake in the form and chose new instead of renewal and I paid the fee and everything, They now told me after I had paid them that their record shows I already have a passport and I can't make a brand new one. Ok I agreed it was a mistake so I found my old one and came to renew it and now they are telling me to pay again that the last money that I paid(27k) is gone. I've argued and argued I don't even know what to do again How will I pay another money again just like that, I even tried to negotiate that ok just take half and give me half they said no I'm so lost.

Any advice on what to do?
Re: Need Urgent Advice by itstpia8: 2:58pm On Feb 17, 2015
Were you testing the system?
Re: Need Urgent Advice by Babygal4eva(f): 4:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
itstpia8:
Were you testing the system?

No I made a genuine stupid mistake, I forgot that I already had an expired one so I chose new instead. The problem is that now they are like I should pay for the renewal again ad that i've dashed the federal gov 27k that's like an exact quote of what the guy told me. I'm so pissed I don't even know where to start from cause I know how I raised that money myself it wasn't funny some might think it's just 27k that I should leave them and I can leave it it's just not right the injustice of it all is what's paining me
Re: Need Urgent Advice by itstpia8: 2:56am On Feb 18, 2015
Don't they ask on the form if you've ever had a previous passport?
Re: Need Urgent Advice by TalkItAll: 12:32am On Mar 06, 2015
I feel ur pains dear, it's like pouring water into an ocean, but there's got to be a way to get a refund (in sane society, that is). Maybe u should talk to their oga at the top at whichever of the offices u applied or get a lawyer to write them, or....I tire jooor, the system is warped.

my 2 pence!

(1) (Reply)

Shipping Help Needed (DHL VS USPS) / Visa Free Countries You Can Visit As A Nigerian / 40 Countries You Can Travel To Without A Visa As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.