Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

The Comrade Son (fictitious Story By Tosdam) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Comrade Son (fictitious Story By Tosdam) (597 Views)

The Murderer: A story by d9ty7 / The Kiss From A Fish (a Must Read Short Story) - By Eesy / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Comrade Son (fictitious Story By Tosdam) by Tosdam(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2013
The comrade son a story written by tosdam; is a fictitious story that has nothing to do with anybody, the characters and every action in the story have nothing to do with anybody.

You will find it, interesting and nice. Your idea is highly welcome...

Sit back, put by your side a chilled drink and sip as you read...
Re: The Comrade Son (fictitious Story By Tosdam) by Tosdam(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2013
CHAPTER ONE

General Olusegun Nwachuku is a half breed, his late parent were yoruba and igbo. He is a disciplinarian, fearless and indomitable comrade. He retired from the military two years ago, he was at age fifteen when he joined the army through uncle uche who returned to the village after fighting the second world war II between 1939- 1945.

Gen. Olusegun is a hard-hearted man, he fought the january 15, 1966 first coup' detat in nigeria, the civil war of july 6, 1967 - january 15,1970 and other war outside the country. He is always on glasses because he had lost one of his eyes during the civil war and his doctor advocated him glasses. People in the community do avoid him because he can do and undo. Each time he dealt with people who go against his principle, he tells them his "mercy eye had been lost in the civil war and he is having the wicked one left"

He was tagged different name by people such as "Baba General", "Old soldier" while his best friend Opuka prefer to call him "Fearless comrade" because he is never afraid of speaking his mind, even when threaten him with "gat" he remain on his fact.

On this e September, 2005 monday morning he is sitting outside his three bedroom flat which he had used his thirty-five years labour to build. When Pumpkin his vendor come into the compound to deliver the Dailies newspaper to him. Gen Olusegun never miss the dailies everyday instead he preferred to miss his breakfast.

"Good morning sir", pumpkin voice his greating to the air, holding four newspaper in one hand.

"Morning Pumpkin, how was your" replied General

"fine sir" Pumpkin does that in a solemn voice like an agama lizard nodding to the agreement of the stone, he never want the trouble of the General that morning.

"How are your family as well" enquire General.

"they are fine sir," Pumpkin quickly connoted his mission, Though he never need to because General knows his mission in his house. " I bring this morning dailies and other news sir"

"Oh! As usual" he stretched his hand that is full of veins towards the paper and have it "It's hot".

"Yes sir, they brought it not long ago" looking at other newspaper at his hand "you like to read this sir" showing the newspaper title "The Africa Voice"..

"Let me skim through it, hope it is not fabricated news that rock it because our journalist for naija write lies to make money, anyway i will read it and if it doesn't suit me i return it and have another tomorrow" looking the paper as if the contain can't be seen.

"You can return now sir, if you don't like" replied Vendor.

"You are telling me the way out of a issue abi" putting hand into his khaki short to bring out money.

"No sir just an opinion " as he collected the #500 note from him. "Baba General dis wan na big money ooo" he bring out some squeeze money and give General change. "thank you sir" he walked away free himself from the General net.

General lookout for his alcoholic drink under his chair as Pumpkin walk away, he saw it and jog it then pour little in his cup and some to the floor for libation. He has a sip and read through the dailies with his glasses. After a long read, he saw the headline in a bold letter writting "LADIES SLEPT WITH TEN MEN DAILY TO EARN #5000 AND ABOVE".

"ladies have lost their virtue" he said to himself nodding as a sign of failure. He turn to the next page and saw another shocking headline "FOUR SECRET CULT STUDENT KILLED IN STUDENT POLICE CLASH" he nodded with pity the second time has his son Richard appear in his multi colour uniform and his thick khaki bag at his back.

Richard the one and only son and child of General because he took him several years to marry his mother Elizabeth, He would have not marry if not for the persuasion from his relatives and friends. After he had managed to marry Elizabeth, she conceived and deliver the young boy that was about twelve years ago. The coming of the baby show to people that General wasn't an impotent but since then he was always at the war tour, he has no time for the family until he retired. Richard had been over pampered when General was aways for years.

Richard the twelve years old boy with a calm face but wild mind, he is always committing atrocities in one way or the other in the school. It was the pressure from the teacher reporting him at all time that made his father withdrew him from the hostel.

"Good morning sir", he greeted his father as he see him jog his botter of drink.

"keep your greeting, nasty son of devil" sip his drink again and speak. "Do you know why i withdraw you from the hostel last term"

"yes, to please your mind" putting frown on his face.

"shut up and stop splitting venou lake on me, i withdraw you from the hostel because of your persistent atrocities in the school",

"But dad i didn't commit any atrocity, they were all lying on me"

"Will you stop replying back on me before i squeez you there"

TO BE CONTINUE.....

(1) (Reply)

'I Know A Nigerian Star' Writing Competition / Stay Away! / 1st Osogbo Book Reading, Artists And Writers Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.