Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,930 members, 7,956,497 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:55 PM

engineering students forum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / engineering students forum (6500 Views)

Mini-Bus Built By Engineering Students In Unizik....see Photos / Engineering Students Forum::We Design, We Build, We Construct... / Kogi State University Students Forum On Facebook! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

engineering students forum by Ladokun12(m): 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2013
I wana take jamb next year,bt am a bit confusd about d cours to fil in ma jamb ,i no al d three courses ar gud,bt i want to no d best among d three couses and d 1 dat trivs d most in nigeria and also az diff job oportunities...plz i nid ur cndid respons...and plz dnt b biased.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: engineering students forum by Ladokun12(m): 11:56pm On Sep 21, 2013
Rep
Re: engineering students forum by Ladokun12(m): 7:25am On Sep 22, 2013
I nid ur cndid advic pls
Re: engineering students forum by peter1994(m): 10:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
.tnk God u knw all d 3 courses r gud. I'm a chemicl engr studnt but i just a chemicl engr graduate sayin mech kindda better (but elect is d least hardest)

4 Likes

Re: engineering students forum by Ladokun12(m): 2:56am On Sep 23, 2013
Tnx sire,ar u xayin i should go 4 mechanical?
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 8:25am On Sep 23, 2013
^^oga,edit your posts and express yourself in a clear way to attract useful contributions,you can as well open a thread for this in the career section. It's a very good topic.

#Mech all the way
Re: engineering students forum by peter1994(m): 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2013
.ya, but if you are going for mechanical u have to be prepared 4 the battle (which might nt be an easy one)
Re: engineering students forum by fabby26(m): 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
peter1994: .ya, but if you are going for mechanical u have to be prepared 4 the battle (which might nt be an easy one)

Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering have something in common

Mechanical is just like the hardware and Chemical its software, putting in those terms. But I rep Chemical, though it's quite diverse. Because any process that have to deal with conversion of raw material into finished good, involves a Chemical Engineer in that you have to know the changes within the process down to the mechanical aspect.

1 Like

Re: engineering students forum by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:14am On Oct 22, 2013
Difficult to study mode-mechanical>chemical>electrical.

Difficult to gain admission to study-electrical>mechanical>chemical.

Career mode(considering Nig factor)-electrical d best, follow by mechanical b4 chemical.

CarEer mode in Oil and gas industry-mechanical num1, follow by electrical b4 chemical.

Well there are many factors U̶̲̥̅̊ need to consider, but the once i listed above are d basic one according to my view anyway, but the arrangement usually varies from school to school, for example in uniben, all d sadist in d whole world are in mechanical follow by chemical but electrical is just there producing an average of 10 first class every year. While in unilag, d opposite is d case, prof Mowete has make electrical hardest in unilag, but chemical is so fair that they just they produce first class like water....if I know the school you intend going to now, I would have advise you on which among the 3 should be the best for you....

The truth be say all engineering courses in Nigeria are the best(@least the basic engineering courses ooo)

2 Likes

Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2013
jaryeh: ^^oga,edit your posts and express yourself in a clear way to attract useful contributions,you can as well open a thread for this in the career section. It's a very good topic.

#Mech all the way
gringringringrin yeaa mech all the wayy. #team mech#
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 22, 2013
DONMAYOR19: Difficult to study mode-mechanical>chemical>electrical.

Career mode(considering Nig factor)-electrical d best, follow by mechanical b4 chemical.

CarEer mode in Oil and gas industry-mechanical num1, follow by electrical b4 chemical.

Well there are many factors U̶̲̥̅̊ need to consider, but the once i listed above are d basic one according to my view anyway, but the arrangement usually varies from school to school, for example in uniben, all d sadist in d whole world are in mechanical follow by chemical but electrical is just there producing an average of 10 first class every year. While in unilag, d opposite is d case, prof Mowete has make electrical hardest in unilag, but chemical is so fair that they just they produce first class like water....if I know the school you intend going to now, I would have advise you on which among the 3 should be the best for you....

The truth be say all engineering courses in Nigeria are the best(@least the basic engineering courses ooo)
you are soo on point, so which of the engineerings do u represent?
Re: engineering students forum by wisemania(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2013
@OP:
the truth is, all courses r good,if ure considering Unilag den mech and chemical will be a bit easy 4u,if ure considering uniben den elect will be perfect 4u...i sed all dis interms of d method/strictness of the lecturers in dizzz schools...@unilag prof Mowete is making d lives of elect eng studnts in 300-500L miserable,bt in uniben aravie(nightmare of mech eng studnts,dou he haz been sacked) and owabor(nightmare of chemical eng stdnts,dou she is no longer d hod of d dept) r making d courses tof....but in elect @uniben 1st class r allwaz on d high side..all d xame all courses r quite lucrative, I rep PEE(petroleum Engineering) UNIBEN.....gud luck 2u bross

1 Like

Re: engineering students forum by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:59pm On Oct 22, 2013
Sylvyangel: you are soo on point, so which of the engineerings do u represent?
I Rep electrical, but would prefer petroleum or chemical in my master
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
@O.p,

1)if you are considering flexibility in career choices then it's electrical/electronics engineering (it's the most flexible by Nigerian standard to the extent that an elect/electronic engineer can be employed very easily in a bank)

2)if you are considering future prospects and non-redundancy and continuous demand for expertise then it's mechanical engineering (it's the broadest field hence you can switch to more futuristic career paths i.e mechatronics, robotics, automation, etc.)
3)if you are considering the prospect of a very steady job i.e job security then chemical engineering is for you (there is a relatively higher level of job security in the flour mills, breweries, distilleries and other companies in the chemical field than in any other engineering field in Nigeria).
It's up to you to make your decision.
By the way i'm repping
#MechEng
Another thread for engineers. Well, i hope it doesn't die out like the others.

2 Likes

Re: engineering students forum by U235weapongrade: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2013
@OP Donmayor19 really said Many things on his post but Wud just Like to throw more lite on some of dem.

He made mention of some basic factors to consider now in Nigeria, and as u can see one of the 3 u listed was neva in the last position in those four basic fators he mentioned.

I REP MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.UNN

You can also see were @donmayor made mention of your course of study being dependent on the school arrangement,@OP it very true. Some ENGR Departments wud be dishing out first class like water some dey hoard am.
But OP if we start following dis path now, it might be dat the school u've decided to attend will have bad lectures in dat particular course u've decided to study....God forbid-its not ur portion.

So wat if it happens wat u gonna do? Its just determination and Hardwork bro. So many other people have passed tru dat same Dept with doze same set of lecturers.don't allow some mother fucking,Saddist lecturers come and make you lose your dream.

Let me tell you a short story, wen I got into UNN, it was a known fact dat Mechanical was the hardest, followed by electrical engr, so wad did people then Do, they had to switch Depts wen we were all in second year. Switching from Mechanical to Electronics Engr or civil engineering were dey had soft courses and some soft lecturers. As usual friends started advicing me "o boy u no go comot from dia, dat place na AKPO" and stuffs like dat..I wud have loved to change but I only had to think of wat my pop-c wud have said then."Mechanical to Electronics, Y".. I will now open my small mouth and say becos dey have some wicked lecturers..

Finally am done from dia ohh, all things being equal going for service next year February..

Donmayor19 still told u that all engineering courses in Nigeria are the best - I strongly agree with him on dat. From civil,Mechanical,Electrical,electronics,chemical,Met/Mat,environmental,Gas,petroleum.etc

I'm sure you wud enjoy Mechanical Engineering as it happens to be the broadest field of all - Energy and power,industrial engineering/Management,Design,solid mechanics etc..
Goodluck to you @OP..

@sylvyangel I throw way salute.. Would like to know y u choose MECHANICAL engr.. Cheerz

2 Likes

Re: engineering students forum by Latnok95(m): 6:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
DONMAYOR19: I Rep electrical, but would prefer petroleum or chemical in my master

Why the change of course in masters sir?
And can you rate the practical/lab works of ur years in elect/elect? Thanks smiley
Re: engineering students forum by aned: 8:43pm On Oct 22, 2013
all the three engineering courses mentioned are ok. it all depends on what you want to make out of any choosen after graduation.in practice,there have been a blend of the classical engineering proffession.where you find an electrical engineer working on mechanical devices and vice versa.
Re: engineering students forum by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Latnok95:

Why the change of course in masters sir?
And can you rate the practical/lab works of ur years in elect/elect? Thanks smiley
I'm changing because of my current area of specialization, mind you that in oil and gas industry the rating of money high more for petroleum to mechanical to chemical before electrical. though there are other factors o but I'm speaking from experience...just that electrical is so so versatile worldwide especially in 9ja.

2 Likes

Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2013
U235weapongrade: @OP Donmayor19 really said Many things on his post but Wud just Like to throw more lite on some of dem.

He made mention of some basic factors to consider now in Nigeria, and as u can see one of the 3 u listed was neva in the last position in those four basic fators he mentioned.

I REP MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.UNN

You can also see were @donmayor made mention of your course of study being dependent on the school arrangement,@OP it very true. Some ENGR Departments wud be dishing out first class like water some dey hoard am.
But OP if we start following dis path now, it might be dat the school u've decided to attend will have bad lectures in dat particular course u've decided to study....God forbid-its not ur portion.

So wat if it happens wat u gonna do? Its just determination and Hardwork bro. So many other people have passed tru dat same Dept with doze same set of lecturers.don't allow some mother fucking,Saddist lecturers come and make you lose your dream.

Let me tell you a short story, wen I got into UNN, it was a known fact dat Mechanical was the hardest, followed by electrical engr, so wad did people then Do, they had to switch Depts wen we were all in second year. Switching from Mechanical to Electronics Engr or civil engineering were dey had soft courses and some soft lecturers. As usual friends started advicing me "o boy u no go comot from dia, dat place na AKPO" and stuffs like dat..I wud have loved to change but I only had to think of wat my pop-c wud have said then."Mechanical to Electronics, Y".. I will now open my small mouth and say becos dey have some wicked lecturers..

Finally am done from dia ohh, all things being equal going for service next year February..

Donmayor19 still told u that all engineering courses in Nigeria are the best - I strongly agree with him on dat. From civil,Mechanical,Electrical,electronics,chemical,Met/Mat,environmental,Gas,petroleum.etc

I'm sure you wud enjoy Mechanical Engineering as it happens to be the broadest field of all - Energy and power,industrial engineering/Management,Design,solid mechanics etc..
Goodluck to you @OP..

@sylvyangel I throw way salute.. Would like to know y u choose MECHANICAL engr.. Cheerz

Big boss,it's nice to have you here. A mechanical engineer too,newly admitted.
Re: engineering students forum by Latnok95(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2013
DONMAYOR19: I'm changing because of my current area of specialization, mind you that in oil and gas industry the rating of money high more for petroleum to mechanical to chemical before electrical. though there are other factors o but I'm speaking from experience...just that electrical is so so versatile worldwide especially in 9ja.

Yeah.. I grab dt sir..

Wat of my second question? sad
*how would you rate the lab work of naija universities in elect/elect and their projects?*
Re: engineering students forum by tammyboy1(m): 9:31am On Oct 23, 2013
@op al i can teh u is i rep mech,bt we aint eating bread here ooo,na stone tins,if u wna b part of us,be prepared!!!..
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 9:34am On Oct 23, 2013
tammyboy1: @op al i can teh u is i rep mech,bt we aint eating bread here ooo,na stone tins,if u wna b part of us,be prepared!!!..

Another boss in the building! BTW,what do you mean by 'stone tins'?↲
Re: engineering students forum by U235weapongrade: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
jaryeh:

Big boss,it's nice to have you here. A mechanical engineer too,newly admitted.

You are welcome.
jaryeh:

Another boss in the building! BTW,what do you mean by 'stone tins'?↲

"STONE TINS" - don't worry,as you move ahead u'll feel it.
Re: engineering students forum by Osoayobami(m): 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
I really love this thread,i'm a newly admitted mech. Engineering student of uniben,though i was intimidated that there are many cruel lecturers there that i should change but i refused.one of my friends studying chemistry in uniben told me that uniben doesn't have enough apparatus for mech engine which made me weak.pls,is that true?and..i need someone in the house to help me on some stuffs when i get to school pls?any engineer pls?
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 4:57am On Oct 24, 2013
U235weapongrade:

You are welcome.

"STONE TINS" - don't worry,as you move ahead u'll feel it.

Yes sir,

Let's introduce ourselves first. As for me,I rep. OAU,Mech Engnr fresher.↲
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 5:04am On Oct 24, 2013
Osoayobami: I really love this thread,i'm a newly admitted mech. Engineering student of uniben,though i was intimidated that there are many cruel lecturers there that i should change but i refused.one of my friends studying chemistry in uniben told me that uniben doesn't have enough apparatus for mech engine which made me weak.pls,is that true?and..i need someone in the house to help me on some stuffs when i get to school pls?any engineer pls?

I don't think there is any school in this present Nigeria with that. Everything na packaging. Just try ast much as possible to keep yourself updated. There are big bosses here who should be able to help out with 'some stuffs' sha.

Welcome on board. I think its high time OP renamed the thread.↲
Re: engineering students forum by U235weapongrade: 7:04am On Oct 24, 2013
jaryeh:

Yes sir,

Let's introduce ourselves first. As for me,I rep. OAU,Mech Engnr fresher.↲

Bigups to you bro. I can see ur prepared for the challenge ahead.
Get ready for the streamlines,stream functions,bernoulli equation,continuity eqn,momemtun eqn,energy eqn,boundary Layer theorm,compressible and incompressible fluid flows,Drag and Lift,
Insulation Economics,maxwell's equations,processes in a thermodynamic system(adiabatic,isothermal,isentropic),fourier's law of conduction,heat exchangers,exergy,open and close systems,power systems ETC

Pls neva forget your control volume and your Boundary Conditions..

Cheerz in advance and congrtaz to u on ur admission.
Re: engineering students forum by jaryeh(m): 8:04am On Oct 24, 2013
U235weapongrade:

Get ready for the streamlines,stream functions,bernoulli equation,continuity eqn,momemtun eqn,energy eqn,boundary Layer theorm,compressible and incompressible fluid flows,Drag and Lift,
Insulation Economics,maxwell's equations,processes in a thermodynamic system(adiabatic,isothermal,isentropic),fourier's law of conduction,heat exchangers,exergy,open and close systems,power systems ETC

Hmmm,see big big names. God will help us sha.

Yea,which textbook will you recommend for me to start reading now? At least to get prepared for the challenges ahead cos ASUU is not helping matters at all o.

Thanks
Re: engineering students forum by tosnat: 8:26am On Oct 24, 2013
DONMAYOR19: Difficult to study mode-mechanical>chemical>electrical.

You killed it man...you honestly killed it.

I rep electrical....,.

@donmayor....do yu know anyfin abou the petroleum training institute,delta state?

[b][/b]

Honest truth..simple and true.

You killed it boss

Wch sch re u

And do yu know anyfin abou d pet training institute,delta?

I rep elect elect
Re: engineering students forum by dayo23(f): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2013
I think it all depends on the university, like in A.B.U Zaria.....Mech engineering is the toughest, Chemical is the sweetest, metal and material engineering are full of sadist hence no even 2nd class lower all na 3rd class,water and environmetal engineering no 1st class and 2nd class upper since 80s, Civil engineering is hell cos you fail one course then you automatically hav extra yr, Agric Engineering is hell, Electrical and computer engineering/Telecomm engineering is sweet but if you fail any course nah knockout b that cos nah automatic year some cases nah 2 yrs self like all those control engineering course. The point is engineering is the best field of study and you will enjoy it when you are in the field of practise and not study. I did my industrial attachment with NDPHC and i was in site all tru during which we constructed 132/33KV injection substation Apo Abuja, it was during the project i realised electrical is sweet most especially if you are majoring in power and machine.

1 Like

Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Hey guys. I'm in a dilemma now o. Planning on mastering one engineering application but my decision has been distorted partly due to the ASUU ish and the nature of Mech Eng. To the older guys in the house.
Would you advise me to master matlab before autocad or vice-versa. I've weighed their pros and cons and i'm still as confused as when i started out. Help me out...
Re: engineering students forum by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
U235weapongrade:

*faints*

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Funny Facts About TASUED And Its Students. / What Is The Difference Between Post Utme And Uni Screening Test / Most Lucrative Courses In Nigeria: No. 10 Will Shock You!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.