Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,261 members, 7,954,016 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Haters Kumuyi Live On TV - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haters Kumuyi Live On TV (4016 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Live In Yabatech: Today / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
Image123:

This appears like words thrown into the air. What is man worship and how has man being worshipped on this thread?

Man worship is focusing on one man as a sort of god among the people of God , who is to be listened to and taken seriously , an almost pope like figure who is infallible.

Maybe if you focused more Jesus , you will not be so immersed into error and myths.

wink
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Why can't you learn how to get his name right? You are not suffering from dyslexia, are you? undecided

ever since you started your 'lies' on the hell fire visions and out of body experiences , coupled with the mess you made out of your leader son's wedding, I stopped taking you seriously and I mean this seriously.

wink
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
frosbel:

ever since you started your 'lies' on the hell fire visions and out of body experiences , coupled with the mess you made out of your leader son's wedding, I stopped taking you seriously and I mean this seriously.

wink

You don't have to be an ingrate. smiley
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by prosper86: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You don't have to be an ingrate. smiley
U call ursef a born again xtian and u hv time to abuse people and exchange words instead of winning souls.what a shame!!
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
prosper86:

U call ursef a born again xtian and u hv time to abuse people and exchange words instead of winning souls.what a shame!!

Do you understand the meaning of that word? If you do how does that equate to an abuse? Does saying you don't have to be an ingrate equal that you are an ingrate? If you don't understand what I said I expect you to ask questions instead of jumping to your own conclusion that I am abusing him. undecided
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Candour(m): 7:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Image123: Another reason why i'm particular about this is one message that Olaa my brother posted, in one of the threads that involved John Kumuyi saga. In that message, Pastor Kumuyi said something about not telling them to do most of the stuff. i understand the desire and forwardness of people to want to live like and behave like their leaders/pastors/teachers, like dressing like them, walking like them, talking like them etc. Could it be a case of following the example of the leaders, these things happen.

For the TV own, I tell you he did preach against members having it in their houses. My dad too thought it was just a question of spending too much time on it so we regulated it in our house until the pastor called him and gave those conditions point blank.

You're right about the dressing issue because all they preach is modesty and the women just adopted Biodun Kumuyi:s style. Even the pastors all trief to adopt Kumuyi's voice and mannerisms when preaching
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
All haters should know that it was through the television ministry that Dr W.F. Kumuyi ministered and preached the gospel that people like the Pastor of God embassy, the (caucasian) largest church in the world led by a black man (Sunday Adelaja) got saved. It is facts like these that the gainsayers and naysayers should note instead of going to the grapevine to disseminate rumours that have no leg to stand on.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Ifeness02: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
OLAADEGBU: All haters should know that it was through the television ministry that Dr W.F. Kumuyi ministered and preached the gospel that people like the Pastor of God embassy, the (caucasian) largest church in the world led by a black man (Sunday Adelaja) got saved. It is facts like these that the gainsayers and naysayers should note instead of going to the grapevine to disseminate rumours that have no leg to stand on.

So Kumuyi can preach on TV huh? The guy is 2faced! You are still deep rooted into the Kumuyi mass delusion,i hope you are set free someday.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2013
frosbel:

Man worship is focusing on one man as a sort of god among the people of God , who is to be listened to and taken seriously , an almost pope like figure who is infallible.

Maybe if you focused more Jesus , you will not be so immersed into error and myths.

wink
More words of no value. How do these words apply to this thread? What man is a god here? It appears you are in need of help and attention.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2013
Candour:

For the TV own, I tell you he did preach against members having it in their houses. My dad too thought it was just a question of spending too much time on it so we regulated it in our house until the pastor called him and gave those conditions point blank.

You're right about the dressing issue because all they preach is modesty and the women just adopted Biodun Kumuyi:s style. Even the pastors all trief to adopt Kumuyi's voice and mannerisms when preaching

Who was the pastor that called your dad. was it pastor Kumuyi? i still think it may have been a mass following of leaders/mentors, not a direct ban on members, or workers. Anyways, obviously i know Kumuyi is personally not a 'TV man', hence the thread. The joy and lesson that he is not rooted in tradition but in Christ. Meanwhile, his haters are steeped in their own traditions and ppride.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigerian "christians", arguing pointlessly and worshipping at the feet of their pastors since 1882. grin

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by RayMcBlue(m): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2013
davidylan: Nigerian "christians", arguing pointlessly and worshipping at the feet of their pastors since 1882. grin

The only intelligent post in this thread so far.
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Nichobabe(m): 10:37am On Sep 24, 2013
Image123:

Do ou have ANY proof that he preached against it? For me, i do not know if he did. That is why i am asking those that are assertin that he did if they truly heard, saw or read Kumuyi say so, or it is just hearsay. i am aware many deeperlifers didn't watch TV at a time, also aware that some still do not BTW. But nobody ever told me that Kumuyi told them not to. They ave reasons why they do not or didn't, none of the reasons was ever Kumuyi. AGAIN, i ask, is there any link or proof that Kumuyi said all his church members should not watch or own TV, or this is just hearsay, rumour, legend?
I think you are just having fun. You just want to argue. If Kumuyi didn't tell them how come the whole DL members just decided not to watch TV and even destroy the ones they have before. Who gave the teaching?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Image123(m): 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nichobabe:
I think you are just having fun. You just want to argue. If Kumuyi didn't tell them how come the whole DL members just decided not to watch TV and even destroy the ones they have before. Who gave the teaching?
Sincerely, i'm not having fun, just clarifying issues. Like i have said, it is very possible that the practice arose out of wanting to be like, people do things like the persons, mentors, models, leaders, teachers that they like. People want to walk like them, talk like them, play like them, sing like them, do their hairstyles etc. it might not necessarily be because they were told to by their mentor. Others might have even preached that no doubt, but the question is did Kumuyi ban his members from owning tvs? Is there any proof of any sort to that, or it is just a legend? i ask because someone asserted this position. Even called me a bare faced liar when i have not said anything. i did not deny or accept, because i do not know if Kumuyi did this. i even mentioned that i would not put it past him, but my query is, is it true, is there any proof that he(kumuyi) said so?
Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by Joagbaje(m): 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nichobabe:

In the 80s it was a popular knowledge that pastor kumuyi said it the TV was the devils box. But I'm sure if he said so he meant well. It has to do with the content on tv those days , we cant deny the fact that much of the moral corruption of our day was linked to tv. Thiesame way we have issues with Internet now. There' are some young folks around me I banned from using Internet enabled phone and blackberries ,till further notice .i told them it's a distraction to their soul . I know I can't keep it that way forever . I put them on spiritual diet till they are able to use the stuff aright. I could have been quoted that I said Internet is of the devil. The issue is content and how to filter.

1 Like

Re: Haters Kumuyi Live On TV by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2013
Image123:

Keep thinking.Very soon, you will see the light.

He almost saw the light. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam And Burning People Alive / Yahweh Vs Allah: Who Is God? / Heaven And Hell After Earth Makes Sense Only If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.