Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service (12458 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Pastor Adeboye And Wife Sitting At A Meeting / Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / 8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by alphaconde(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2013
Personally I prefer sitting on the last bench at the back of the church and for me its perfect. But recently I visited another church, I attempted to grab a sit behind like I always do in my church, but the usher resisted it and insisted I must move forward. Now this was the first time I was feeling uneasy in the church. When I complained to my brother, he said it was wrong sitting at the back of the church. Now can anyone tell me what's really wrong with sitting behind in the church.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 22, 2013
You should have asked your bro that told you na.
Personally, whenever I sit at back seat I always get easily distracted during church service, especially by the ladies.
So, that's just the thing.

7 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by alphaconde(m): 8:00am On Sep 22, 2013
Funnicator: You should have asked your bro that told you na.
Personally, whenever I sit at back seat I always get easily distracted during church service, especially by the ladies.
So, that's just the thing.

Well I asked but he didn't tell me. For me staying at the back is just cool that's where I don't even get distracted. Staying in front makes the preacher confrontational.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by bjprodint(f): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2013
God dey every where jare,u are only distracted at d back seat if u want to b,simple.

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:51am On Sep 22, 2013
If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Brimmie(m): 8:56am On Sep 22, 2013
[size=16]There's nothing wrong with that.. As long as i am close to the Junction Box. undecided undecided

You can aswell spy and scan around, check out some new folks in church. tongue tongue
[/size]
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by homesteady(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2013
I used to sit down on the last bench before! But I just stopped! Maybe I thought I'm now a Man, so I should sit down where men sit!

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by alphaconde(m): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie: [size=16]There's nothing wrong with that.. As long as i am close to the Junction Box. undecided undecided

You can aswell spy and scan around, check out some new folks in church. tongue tongue
[/size]

What do u do with junction box
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
@OP
BACK SEAT LOVER IN THA HOUSE YO
I LOVED IT COS IT WAS PRETTY DARK
AND I COULD SLEEP ALL I WANT WITH NO DISTURBANCE
IF I GOT LUCKY ID HAVE THE PEW 2 MASELF
STRETCH OUT AND SLEEP (SIGHS)
THE GOOD OL'DAYS
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2013
Back benchers are mostly nuisance either in school, church or wherever they find themselves. Remember those days in sec sch. grin
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by abbeyoye2001(m): 12:10pm On Sep 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?
@alfa, I guess u shld respect other peeps religion and opinion and stop saying bullshit here. Ur fellow re presently killing innocent civilians in Nairobi

17 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by sagytariusTM1: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
You are not alone, dude. I feel terribly uneasy sitting in front.
I have also had that experience of being 'dragged' to the front seats, when a friend of mine invited me to her church.
We got to the church, and like I always preferred, I opted we stayed at the back. But one of the ushers came to us and insisted we moved forward, that there were empty seats in front (the back seats sef dey empy Wella!) . I kinda resisted (with the feeling that the whole church will eventually fill up), buh my friend was like "yes, we should move forward"; and then I was like 'dafuq?' Maybe, to her, there is where u'll get the maximum blessings from God.
well, I acted accordingly to avoid unnecessary attractions to myself. I felt uneasy thenceforth. Buh where I got more pissed off was when the visitors were asked to stand up and be welcomed. I said to myself "Laye! Ain't getting up". Buh This friend of mine worsened the case when she tapped me hard to get up. Ah! see Gobe! Well, I still stood up forcing myself to smile shipishly when deep down of me, it was a different case.
After that day, I vowed never to attend any of these members-seeking churches. even if I do, it'd be on my terms.

Back seat, my favourite position.

9 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2013
Theres nothin wrong takin a seat at da back row or any row at that..but its kinda funny when are an early arrival in church n u take a sit at d last row wit lotsa unoccupied seats around n that could arouse some suspicion as itchy fingers abound in church these days n u dont want d ushers lookin at u.. All d same paying attention is what counts in church regardless of where u take a sit..bless
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
Its like sitting at d back of class u don't pay attention. Its better u come early nd grab d front seats. If u notice sum pple rush to be at d bck seat to make noise or sleeP
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Look at the kind of topics we're now having projected to the front page from the religious section?

Why don't we just call it the Christianity section?

Seun and the super mods better seat up
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by alfredo4u(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Mr man. Church is in the mind
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by daryoor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 22, 2013
the back seat is for demons and evil spirits. And those who sit at the back 'll get possesed. Lol

Actually, it just to keep the church lookin organised. So late comers sit at the back. Just comply its the house of god
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?

Sharaap My friend. Do you know what is tolerance?

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by lukulukuboy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
As for me, the back seats are usually my favs. I don't really have a reason but i think maybe cos am d shy type. And sitting at the back seat makes me feel more comfortable.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by JingoOAU(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2013
As an Anglican and a good observer, most of the people sitting at the back seats in Anglican Churches are pure 'Church Politicians'. These sets of people only go to church to discuss the income and expenditure of the church. They go to church to look at new faces in church and at d same time, they are always the one who comes to church with their daily newspapers.

How can a sane person be reading a newspaper in the church when the sermon is going on? And the funniest part of this is that if the pastor exceeds 10minutes of sermon, u will easilly identify them with their frowning and disgusting faces.

For all I know, those peeps sitting at d back in my church are gossipers and those who loves sleeping in church. The only thing you will hear them saying in church is how the expenditure and income of the church were being expended and some other unscrupulous gists.........nevertheless, Anglican churches of today is a lively place to worship because of the new pastors who are taking over from the old priests. Its always fun to be. Infact, Anglican church in Nigeria is now a place where job seekers can easily get a job because almost all the rich people in Nigeria attends Anglican church irrespective of race and creed

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by brown938: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
I don't like it coz u will be distracted easily. I prefer middle. "Back seat is meant for late commer"

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
From my view
The back seat in the Church is a good hiding place for unserious Church goers.
Some people seat there to avoid attention from the Pastors, Deaconess or Elders in the Church. Expecially if they are chronic sinners like Playboys, Aristo Girls etc.
Last Bullet:
There's this kinda people in my Church that ll deliberately sit at the back even when they arrive early to Church. Why? They were trying to avoid anointing from our tough Pastor Mrs. Whenever that woman dey pray, Spirit, Holy Ghost abi na Èmi go catch dem. You go see as dem go dey scream, jump, fall, roll for ground. Some people ll now see them as Witches, Wizards or possessed people. To avoid this, they ll just try find back seat in the Church.
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Clemzy16(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2013
Noting wronq with sitting at the back, infact, i love sittinq at the back that way i`ll have enough room to sleep|
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by tosingcfr(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
I prefer the back side but not the last seat o. we all have preferences and ushers should learn to respect that fact.Where 2 or more are gathered in his name ,God is there.Back seat is still part of the church.However,you should always obey constituted authorities and atimes ,the speakers may not be loud at the back seat

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by joannes7(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
your told to move forward cause of two things,
1: the preacher . when the church is scanty, it easily demoralizes him. but when the congregation is together, no matter how small, he has an audience.
2: new worshippers . just imagine going to a church where the congregation is scattered all over the place. one person here, the next person close to the exit door.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by abbeyoye2001(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2013
rasojie:

Sharaap My friend. Do you know what is tolerance?
SMH for u. U dis bloody terrorist boko haram boy
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2013
I lik d bak seats very wella cos there is always electricity there. *unplugs fone*
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by dedons: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
Na there thingz dey happen

that's were u see the good,the bad and the ugly
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Mobsync(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

If you stopped going to church, no fellow human would usher you and tell you where to sit. Are you a slave?

I do hope you saw what someone who quoted you said about muslims and terrorism?

Fact is; you can't attack other people's religion and not get attacked in return.

I also ran through your profile and saw that almost all the topics you opened in the religiion section were to attack Christians which is very bad, yet you parade yourself an Alfa (which I doubt). Who even made you one?

Besides, all your topics and posts I viewed show that you're an extremist and I personally wouldn't be surprised when you start commiting atrocities and evil deeds under the guise of Islam.

Bottom line- watch it! Respect other people's religion for them to respect yours.

And for the keeps, I'm also a muslim like you.

So back to the question; it's just that people have attributed (deliberate) sitting at the back in all places (classrooms, meetings, religious places etc) to unseriousness but in my humble opinion, if people are not to sit at the back then there wouldn't be chairs there.

13 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2013
Y?? Will u sit at de back, are u de devil shocked
Re: What's Wrong With Sitting At The Back During A Church Service by Exponental(m): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2013
Special people sit infront. Be special before God. If u miss d first row, follow d next

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evolution And The Seagull Dance. / How To Prosper As A Christian In Times Of Recession / Are Large/Mega-churches Biblical? How Large Is A Church Supposed To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.