Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nairaland Users Union - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Users Union (695 Views)

How Do You Read Emails From Nairaland Users / Drop A Prayer Point Wishing NAIRALAND Users A Happy New Month.Welcome To August / How Much To Charge Nairaland Users? (we're going commercial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2013
I have been around for a while, and noticed that nl users dont have a united front in respect to making demands to our ogas @ d top......like I have noticed that you dont know if u hve been quoted or not, no deactivate button and many other stuffs. So i thought perhaps the users should have a union were we can come and make suggestions, complains etc for the greater success of the forum
Ps: this is a serious thread that could be fun too.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2013
Plus the more users suscribe the more we can be heard
Re: Nairaland Users Union by laplace19(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2013
Exactly! We need to know when someone quotes us and as such requires us to reply the individual,and many others.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by ProfessorD(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2013
Kul op u are so on point....tenk God finally someone is thinking
Re: Nairaland Users Union by tnktosin(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2013
Interesting.. subscribed.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2013
tnktosin: Interesting.. subscribed.

Welcome sir
Re: Nairaland Users Union by taiocol: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2013
suscribed.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2013
Djkels:

Welcome sir

Good move brov !!!

...but u know things like this dont go through d site owner's ears!!

...cos things like this needs money & time, hence our desires wont be of importance to him 'cos he believes we dont contribute a single penny.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by stebell(m): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2013
@ OP, tankx for bringing this up. The issue I hv wit dis forum is dat I follow a thread/topic I really do not know wen I need to reply to a members comment in regards to wat I posited. Truly, we need a notification or sometin so as to follow the thread thro.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
Ya I see that the main issue is notification for posts....seun uve heard
Re: Nairaland Users Union by tnktosin(m): 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
stebell: @ OP, tankx for bringing this up. The issue I hv wit dis forum is dat I follow a thread/topic I really do not know wen I need to reply to a members comment in regards to wat I posited. Truly, we need a notification or sometin so as to follow the thread thro.
Djkels: Ya I see that the main issue is notification for posts....seun uve heard
I thought i was the only one with this problem. Having to keep bookmarking or refreshing pages to see if you got replies or quotes really ain't fun. SEUN abeg work on this.

ps: Now i have to keep refreshing this page to see how fellow nairalanders respond to the Op.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by stebell(m): 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
tnktosin:

I thought i was the only one with this problem. Having to keep bookmarking or refreshing pages to see if you got replies or quotes really ain't fun. SEUN abeg work on this.

ps: Now i have to keep refreshing this page to see how fellow nairalanders respond to the Op.
My broda yu are not a alone on dis issue O°˚˚˚. I think it's high tym Nland is updated to keep up wit de trend.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by PassingShot(m): 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
Cool thinking. We're all in the same boat on this.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Caracta(f): 2:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
laplace19: Exactly! We need to know when someone quotes us and as such requires us to reply the individual,and many others.

It's easy. Check the search button at the top or lower end of your nairaland page, type in your username and click on local search. Viola! You get to know when someone quotes you. I do this all the time.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by taiocol: 3:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Caracta:

It's easy. Check the search button at the top or lower end of your nairaland page, type in your username and click on local search. Viola! You get to know when someone quotes you. I do this all the time.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
Caracta dt ws nice buh wt if ur user name is eg goodluck.....i guess you know wot wil happen if you type goodluck
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
We should be able to delete our posts comments and account when we want please
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 3:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Djkels: Also we should be able to delete our posts comments and account when we want please

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
St_Ichimaro.Gin:

Good move brov !!!

...but u know things like this dont go through d site owner's ears!!

...cos things like this needs money & time, hence our desires wont be of importance to him 'cos he believes we dont contribute a single penny.

We might not contribute cash at hand but it is the traffic collectively generated that makes it what it is today...
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Caracta(f): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2013
Djkels: Caracta dt ws nice buh wt if ur user name is eg goodluck.....i guess you know wot wil happen if you type goodluck

Lol...that's true. You have a point. I guess you'll have to keep scrolling down. Many people even use GEJ instead of Goodluck.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Caracta(f): 3:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
Djkels: We should be able to delete our posts comments and account when we want please

As for the posts or comments, you can click on modify button and replace your previous posts with a smiley or question mark. The only problem lies where you have been quoted by another user.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 22, 2013
I seldom know when someone quotes me. When i do the search, all it brings up are comments where my moniker is mentioned.
Then few days later, i'd come across a thread where i was quoted but did not come up earlier in my search.
Cant the Seun make this easy? A notification for both will do.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Caracta(f): 4:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
idnoble135: I seldom know when someone quotes me. When i do the search, all it brings up are comments where my moniker is mentioned
Then few days later, i'd come across a thread where i was quoted but did not come up earlier in my search.
Cant the Seun make this easy? A notification for both will do.

Try it again now.Search again.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2013
Caracta:

Try it again now.Search again.
I just did. The comment that appeared was one posted yesterday morning with my name on it.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Caracta(f): 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
idnoble135:
I just did. The comment that appeared was one posted yesterday morning with my name on it.

I'm surprised. I got a different thing after i typed idnoble135.

Ok o...
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 22, 2013
Caracta:

I'm surprised. I got a different thing after i typed idnoble135.

Ok o...
lol, i just did that and it went through. I was searching without adding the numerals in the handle. Lol, thanks. cheesy
Re: Nairaland Users Union by handebayor: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2013
like seriously, a users' union?? issokay
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Mohdadutse(m): 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
subscribed
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2013
This response is kinda poor sha keep it coming folks
Re: Nairaland Users Union by ProfessorD(m): 7:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
Under which section is this topic I cant find it in politics anymore
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Deiok(m): 8:16pm On Sep 22, 2013
There are alot of features i will want seun to add to this site, like the unlike button and username editing.
Re: Nairaland Users Union by Djkels(m): 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2013
Professor D.:
Under which section is this topic I cant find it in politics anymore
Nl general

(1) (Reply)

Can A Man Be Truly Raped? / SCANDAL: Fake Miracle Tears A Naija Church; Pastors Resign / Futo Sacks Entire Teaching Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.