Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 (13295 Views)

10 Simple Steps To Save Money On Petrol / Video: Checkout Man's EPIC Reaction When His Land Rover LR3 Caught Fire / Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm Happy with my infiniti 2001 QX4 for now, but I'm planning on disposing him (I call him my buddy) finally before end of this month (october) just before it completes one year with me as its satisfied owner and switching to a lexus RX330 2005 model which is actually looking smaller and lighter based on my sight judgement, and its a softroader crossover instead of a proper offroad SUV. @ OP tell your neighbour to Join my league to be the lexus league since he won't be needing all those power and torques of the LR3 to start up a dead planetsmiley

1 Like

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sooperrescue(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hmmm. If you are a civil servant and you buy one, na naija money go dey repair the Rig. But if you are a businessman and you own one, the cost of owning one gives you the zeal to excel in whatever you do. And to remain at the top gives you an immense pleasure. lomoMike, if you are satisfied with your infinity after one year, why change it? Or you are afraid of what normally happen to Nissan and Infinity to occur hence you want to get rid of it quickly. Lagos' plans as a megacity does not include seeing those small baby jeeps on the roads. Those baby jeeps are meant to go to the market and take the children to school. Has any Lastma official saluted you in traffic in your infinity?(Maybe the Lastma guys in Ejigbo axis)Try owning a Range and you will see all kinds of salutations on the roads and it makes you believe that you are a secret General that only Lastma and Police personnel recognizes. Besides, after Range Rover, which Jeep is comparable to it? To remain at the top is to stay at the Top.

4 Likes

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 2:19am On Oct 05, 2013
@ sooper rescue, I have this idea that while the oviation is at its loudest, better quit the stage. I also have another idea that cut your coat according to your cloth I no dey touch wetin I no fit handle meaning I don't buy what I will regret later. I'm less than 30years and I don progress reach this level wey I dey use my own money buy SUV means I dey on point na. I know with time, I will get to a stage where I place orders on cars even before new models are even released dat tym if anyone want make e salute me e no concern me.
I don't like using cars till they are tired, battered and wornout. I prefer using them neat and disposing them neat too. I don't wait for my car to develop wahala before checking it (my buddy has never developed A single fault or thrown up any code since I bought it, I have changed its spark plugs, ATF, its coolant (A friend using same car as mine brought the recommended ATF and coolant fluid from USA), I've also changed its brake pads once, and its fuel filter I also changed its air intake filter, and AC filter, plus I take her in for periodic oil and oil filter change (all these changes I carry out are based on manufacturers recommended schedule for replacement and not because they showed signs) as for the issue of wahala I've not experienced any. I wish infiniti still continued the QX4 models. If you know what you are doing, you can't go wrong with Nissan/Infiniti.

@ OP tell ur neighbour make e no go buy RIG if him no fit maintain am o! But if him eye dey chook am wella and him body dey totori am well well, tell am make him kuku go buy the RIG and the ROCK, MUD, WATER and ROAD raging beast @ Mercedes G55AMG, and one of detroit 3 house on wheels @Cheveolet Tahoe LTZ den 1 year later make you ask am howfa him account balance or him pocket? tongue

1 Like

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sooperrescue(m): 2:55am On Oct 05, 2013
I like your style. That is why I am saving to buy the 2014 edition of the Sport. You are very meticulous in your service and that is very good. Know for sure that Lexus does not work very well with our PMS fuel. Same wahala with the Range and Benz and Infinity and Vw and Audi and Porsche and Acura and Nissan. I think I should still manage my Rig till 2016 when Dangote Refinery will start production, then I can buy the Supercharged.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 05, 2013
sooper rescue: I like your style. That is why I am saving to buy the 2014 edition of the Sport. You are very meticulous in your service and that is very good. Know for sure that Lexus does not work very well with our PMS fuel. Same wahala with the Range and Benz and Infinity and Vw and Audi and Porsche and Acura and Nissan. I think I should still manage my Rig till 2016 when Dangote Refinery will start production, then I can buy the Supercharged.

Chairman, u never sleep? I wake up do my midnight prayer from there I say make I start my addiction (Nairaland) grin . Brother man, the only way to really enjoy your car and get the maximum satisfaction and value from it is through going through its owner's manual and adhering to its instructions. Also the service manual is there to guide you to bring out the best in the car. Most people in Nigeria have this idea "if it aint broke, don't fix it" thus making them use their car carelessly and the next thing we hear is how mechanic reap where they didn't sow. The rule applying to cars is "fix it before it breaks"

Well, with time, I go join the mega men leagues of driving banks on wheels for now, I still dey hustle sha. grin
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Gee2728(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2013
sooper rescue: I like your style. That is why I am saving to buy the 2014 edition of the Sport. You are very meticulous in your service and that is very good. Know for sure that Lexus does not work very well with our PMS fuel. Same wahala with the Range and Benz and Infinity and Vw and Audi and Porsche and Acura and Nissan. I think I should still manage my Rig till 2016 when Dangote Refinery will start production, then I can buy the Supercharged.
Bro u wan kill me with laff. But u rly talk true sha. I read online say that 2014 range sports go come with a small V6 supercharged petrol engine seff and hopefully as a cheaper alternative to all this small V6 jap mobile.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sooperrescue(m): 8:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Midnite prayer for 3 am. I feel the vibrations my brother. How many people have time to read their car manual? There was this lady that gave her mechanic her Porsche Cayenne Manual to read so that anytime she needs any information concerning the Jeep, the mechanic will supply the info. That was how she kept on playing with the tiptronic button on the steering wheel thinking it was the horn and the gear developed issue. So how much are you giving up your buddy for?
Gee, that V6 na 67000 Usd. Make you nor let people oppress you, just buy the V8, 5.0 so that you nor go join those people wey dey love-vendor their 2006 Range Sport to look like 2010 Model and in the end, the owners still knows that the dashboard is not the same. I now have 3000 Usd to buy my ride, e remain 85000 USD.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Gee2728(m): 4:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
sooper rescue: Midnite prayer for 3 am. I feel the vibrations my brother. How many people have time to read their car manual? There was this lady that gave her mechanic her Porsche Cayenne Manual to read so that anytime she needs any information concerning the Jeep, the mechanic will supply the info. That was how she kept on playing with the tiptronic button on the steering wheel thinking it was the horn and the gear developed issue. So how much are you giving up your buddy for?
Gee, that V6 na 67000 Usd. Make you nor let people oppress you, just buy the V8, 5.0 so that you nor go join those people wey dey love-vendor their 2006 Range Sport to look like 2010 Model and in the end, the owners still knows that the dashboard is not the same. I now have 3000 Usd to buy my ride, e remain 85000 USD.

Guy abeg no kill me with laff 2day...... Na true u talk sha V6 will never be a V8. But that $88000 na 2 kidneys and half a liver be that ooh.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sooperrescue(m): 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sell the kidneys and drive a supercharged. That 88000 USD supercharged Sport will cover up for the loss of the body organs. The vibration from a 5.0 will make you feel that you have excess kidneys and livers. But no need to go that far, after the vibrations, you need Hennessy to calm down and without those body organs, na zobo and kunu you go dey shack. Even Alumo bitters nor go enter. Start saving like me. Very soon you will save to that amount.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Gee2728(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2013
sooper rescue: Sell the kidneys and drive a supercharged. That 88000 USD supercharged Sport will cover up for the loss of the body organs. The vibration from a 5.0 will make you feel that you have excess kidneys and livers. But no need to go that far, after the vibrations, you need Hennessy to calm down and without those body organs, na zobo and kunu you go dey shack. Even Alumo bitters nor go enter. Start saving like me. Very soon you will save to that amount.
Hahaha my friend my friend, soon we go get there.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nuzo1(m): 8:41am On Oct 07, 2013
Very scary reviews about LR3. Scarier than I thot'. shocked
Good a thing the reviews came along with good dose of humour. grin

My neighbor is now sobbing uncontrollably as he gives up his dream of driving an automobile he loves so much.
From the reviews you guys made, I made him understand he will be spending half of his years on earth at mechanic workshop changing airshocks worth of N260k monthly. grin

I pitched the Lexus 470 idea to him and he was furious that I could compare a plain looking SUV to a chairman's SUV like LR3. angry
Besides, he doubted if Lexus470 comes with a V6 engine.

Honestly, he's heartbroken. cry
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Nuzo':
Very scary reviews about LR3. Scarier than I thot'. shocked
Good a thing the reviews came along with good dose of humour. grin

My neighbor is now sobbing uncontrollably as he gives up his dream of driving an automobile he loves so much.
From the reviews you guys made, I made him understand he will be spending half of his years on earth at mechanic workshop changing airshocks worth of N260k monthly. grin

I pitched the Lexus 470 idea to him and he was furious that I could compare a plain looking SUV to a chairman's SUV like LR3. angry
Besides, he doubted if Lexus470 comes with a V6 engine.

Honestly, he's heartbroken. cry

Well, the Lexus GX470 is is powered by a 4.7L 2UZ-FE V8 mated to a 5-speed A750F automatic gear. Its MPG is estimated at 14 city, 15 combined and 17 highway which is higher than 13 city, 14 combined and 17 highway MPG estimate for 2006 LR3 rig. with 4.4L V8 engine, the LR3 is more thirstier when compared with a Lexus GX470 4.7L V8 engine. It is the same engine toyota used in its 2003-2008 toyota 4runner V8 trucks. Its an engine which was rated at 235HP @ 4800RPM and 320 lb·ft of torque at 3,400 rpm. Towing capacity was rated at 2,300 kg in 2003, but in 2005, the inclusion of VVT-i added 30 more ponies to make it 270HP. It have electronic controlled automatic air suspension just as some 4runner have too. Its basically a dressed up Toyota Prado J120 series with more Blings and Gizmos slapped with a higher sticker price. Really its good on and off road plus it has enough power to make an elephant get infected with jedijedi grin

1 Like

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sooperrescue(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
I did not say that he should be changing shocks monthly. He might not even touch it in 3 years. I travel across Nigeria with my Range Sport and with all those potholes and craters and over 50k miles in 2 years, I have only changed the front right suspension. Why will you compare a disguised Toyota to an LR3? Tell him to buy and I will subsidise his repairs expenses which might be nothing.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by RipVanWink: 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2013
wellsaid @lomomike..i cudnt hv said it better the lexus gx450 series commands some respect..likewise the prado suv...since na usually govt peeps dey juse...police n soldier go dey respect u for road.....but if u get up to 6m...go fore the 2010 upwards 4runner...the car set die!!!
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by RipVanWink: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
201 upwards 4runner....oga na master!!!

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by RipVanWink: 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2013
2010 4runner

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by sultaan(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2013
People don't even buy that truck anymore in the US.
Sales has been down for some years they will have to update the body.
Toyota got stuck on quality for so long they forgot about art and technology.

Art and the has made Range Rover a unique brand that still sells despite its reputed failures.
LR3 is a good buy any day , but not always the best for certain buyers
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Gee2728(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2013
sultaan: People don't even buy that truck anymore in the US.
Sales has been down for some years they will have to update the body.
Toyota got stuck on quality for so long they forgot about art and technology.

Art and the has made Range Rover a unique brand that still sells despite its reputed failures.
LR3 is a good buy any day , but not always the nest for certain buyers
Na true talk be that. That toyota looks like a hospital ambulance, gush its ugly.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Gee2728:
Na true talk be that. That toyota looks like a hospital ambulance, gush its ugly.

If that's the only design theme 21st century car makers come up with, then I'd rather embark on my trips on a camel back. That car looks like a coffin. The designers tried too hard to go very raw/basic on aspects and lines and ended up with a design that creates no unity/fusion of any past and future. That design is too uneasy for a car. *#speaking from an artist perspective#*
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Gee2728(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
lomomike:

If that's the only design theme 21st century car makers come up with, then I'd rather embark on my trips on a camel back. That car looks like a coffin. The designers tried too hard to go very raw/basic on aspects and lines and ended up with a design that creates no unity/fusion of any past and future. That design is too uneasy for a car. *#speaking from an artist perspective#*

U done finish the talk... Case close.
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by lawizle(m): 7:25am On Nov 30, 2013
lomomike: @ sooper rescue, I have this idea that while the oviation is at its loudest, better quit the stage. I also have another idea that cut your coat according to your cloth I no dey touch wetin I no fit handle meaning I don't buy what I will regret later. I'm less than 30years and I don progress reach this level wey I dey use my own money buy SUV means I dey on point na. I know with time, I will get to a stage where I place orders on cars even before new models are even released dat tym if anyone want make e salute me e no concern me.
I don't like using cars till they are tired, battered and wornout. I prefer using them neat and disposing them neat too. I don't wait for my car to develop wahala before checking it (my buddy has never developed A single fault or thrown up any code since I bought it, I have changed its spark plugs, ATF, its coolant (A friend using same car as mine brought the recommended ATF and coolant fluid from USA), I've also changed its brake pads once, and its fuel filter I also changed its air intake filter, and AC filter, plus I take her in for periodic oil and oil filter change (all these changes I carry out are based on manufacturers recommended schedule for replacement and not because they showed signs) as for the issue of wahala I've not experienced any. I wish infiniti still continued the QX4 models. If you know what you are doing, you can't go wrong with Nissan/Infiniti.

@ OP tell ur neighbour make e no go buy RIG if him no fit maintain am o! But if him eye dey chook am wella and him body dey totori am well well, tell am make him kuku go buy the RIG and the ROCK, MUD, WATER and ROAD raging beast @ Mercedes G55AMG, and one of detroit 3 house on wheels @Cheveolet Tahoe LTZ den 1 year later make you ask am howfa him account balance or him pocket? tongue

Hey bro tho I'm a die hard fan of d LR3 I also salute d fact dat at your age you've gotten to d level you are...I'm a medical doctor by profession also below thirty with class and swags...will like us to meet on bbm to have a chat as I will like to have you as a friend,afrerall successful ppl make friends with one anoda...283c6f4e
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by lawizle(m): 7:37am On Nov 30, 2013
lomomike: @ sooper rescue, I have this idea that while the oviation is at its loudest, better quit the stage. I also have another idea that cut your coat according to your cloth I no dey touch wetin I no fit handle meaning I don't buy what I will regret later. I'm less than 30years and I don progress reach this level wey I dey use my own money buy SUV means I dey on point na. I know with time, I will get to a stage where I place orders on cars even before new models are even released dat tym if anyone want make e salute me e no concern me.

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by paulo1979: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2015
Ha I taya ooh no be small thing bros
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Coolcash1: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Appreciate the OP and contributors to the topic. 3 years gone the information is still very relevant and critical to purchase decision about the car...With what I have read, its vuuuuuuuum on my legs....
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by ironheart(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lovetinz:
Its reliable. Land Rover says so. smiley, Coscharis will host the baby for a modest fee once a year.
I have never seen an LR3 towing anything before (I hear it can tow a stubborn elephant!)
I haven't even seen one with all seats occupied.
If you drive it carefully, Why wouldn't it last?
I havent seen a broken-down LR3, yet
The joy is in owning one, not in competing right-of-way ownership with danfo drivers.
If I had one. I will wash it, polish it and take a walk down my street, just to hear 'where's your car?'
One hour later, I will slowly cruise-by, just to say "It's not a car, its an LR3"
The only thing that compares is its cousin, the Rangey Sport. Not a Toyota. Any Toyota.
Tell him to buy it. He will cherish it.
Fuel guzzler? he should drive it only when needed, with a light foot, very dark sunglasses and a big Smile. grin cool
in as much as i hate fuel guzzlers and money pit, truth be told, your ways with choice of words got me. I love that.

2 Likes

Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by yommynice(m): 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
Can someone compare lr3, gx470, fx45 and lancruiser in terms fuel consumption, strength and reliability, other maintenance like parts etc?
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
yommynice:
Can someone compare lr3, gx470, fx45 and lancruiser in terms fuel consumption, strength and reliability, other maintenance like parts etc?
FX45 will drive the nicest. Buy the Landcruiser (not Prado!).
Re: Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3 by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2019
yommynice:

No car is more reliable than the Land cruiser.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Using Car Engine For Generator / How To Maintain A Car As A New Driver? / I'm 17 Can I Get My Drivers License???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.