Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? (4172 Views)

Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad / Fornication And Adultery Are Sweet But... / Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Orikinla(m): 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2013
Many women and girls have been murdered in honor killings by Muslims in predominantly Muslim communities.
But I have never heard, read or seen where men and boys have been mobbed and stoned to death for adultery in these same Muslim communities.
There have even been cases where innocent Muslim girls were mobbed and stoned to death for just being platonic friends with Christian men or boys.
The most wicked cases have been reported on Kisses 'n' Roses, http://kissesandroses..com/search?q=honor+killings

[size=18pt]Over 5000 women and girls are killed every year by family members in so-called 'honour killings', according to the UN. These crimes occur where cultures believe that a woman's unsanctioned sexual behaviour brings such shame on the family that any female accused or suspected must be murdered. Reasons for these murders can be as trivial as talking to a man, or as innocent as suffering rape.
~ International: International Campaign Against Honour Killings[/size]

So, I wonder how any sane person can accept this evil injustice in the name of religion.
Now you see the seeds of the harvest of Islamic terrorism?

The fact that majority of Muslims accept this brutality makes nonsense of their excuses of saying that it is wrong to condemn all Muslims for the terrorist acts of the lunatic fringe among them.
But to me, there is no difference between the Muslim that supports stoning to death of a woman caught in adultery while the man who committed the adultery goes scot-free.
Then a Muslim girl who sleeps with a non Muslim man or boy is murdered in honor killing, but the Muslim man or boy who sleeps with a non Muslim woman or girl gets a high five.
Then after all their bloody suicide bombings and barbaric honor killings, they meet at the Hajj in Mecca to stone the devil رمي الجمرات‎
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Orikinla(m): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2013
Do you think it is normal and intelligent for any person to be throwing stones at a wall and say he or she is stoning the devil? grin
Then that strange character wants to be seen among us here in conversations?
No wonder they will keep on arguing with you forever that their religion is a religion of peace?
When the genesis of their religion is clearly evident in their practice?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by simpleseyi: 8:07pm On Sep 22, 2013
Pls what happened to the woman caught in adultery in the Bible? The man she committed adultery with was not mentioned but the woman was about to be stoned, so stoning of adulterous women did not originate from the Quran but from the Bible.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by italo: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2013
simpleseyi: Pls what happened to the woman caught in adultery in the Bible? The man she committed adultery with was not mentioned but the woman was about to be stoned, so stoning of adulterous women did not originate from the Quran but from the Bible.

Good. Good. And Jesus told all the men: "cast the first stone if you are sinless."

I pray that you can see a difference there.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Ymodulus: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
simpleseyi: Pls what happened to the woman caught in adultery in the Bible? The man she committed adultery with was not mentioned but the woman was about to be stoned, so stoning of adulterous women did not originate from the Quran but from the Bible.

So are u now accepting the fact that the Quran is a pliagarised version of the so-called holy bible?

I laugh in swahili. My friend pls answer the question the op asked.
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Ymodulus: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2013
italo:

Good. Good. And Jesus told all the men: "cast the first stone if you are sinless."

I pray that you can see a difference there.

Mr Italo.

I hope u are clearly aware as to the fact that stoning of women were also done in the old testament? So ur excuse is irrelevant. And as such Your post should be modified to.

"WHy do the 2 major holybooks approve stoning of aldulterous women".
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Ymodulus: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2013
Adultery punishment in the Bible's Old and
New Testaments:
The following Verses are from the NIV Bible:
Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit
adultery."
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found
sleeping with another man's wife, both the
man who slept with her and the woman
must die."
Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery
with another man's wife--with the wife of
his neighbor--both the adulterer and the
adulteress must be put to death."
Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits
adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so
destroys himself." He destroys himself by
being put to death as shown above.
Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any
priest, if she profane herself by playing the
LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall
be burnt with fire." Why should only a
daughter of a priest gets burnt to death if
she profanes herself? Why can't this law
apply to all daughters?
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are
fighting and the wife of one of them comes
to rescue her husband from his assailant,
and she reaches out and seizes him by his
private parts, you shall cut off her hand.
Show her no pity." This doesn't make any
sense what so ever! Why should the woman
get her hands cut off for defending her
husband? It's not like she was cheating on
him or anything like that!
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by christemmbassey(m): 8:49pm On Sep 22, 2013
They are practicing the law of Moses, d same law tithe fraudstars are practicing in christianity.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by italo: 6:04am On Sep 23, 2013
Ymodulus:

Mr Italo.

I hope u are clearly aware as to the fact that stoning of women were also done in the old testament? So ur excuse is irrelevant. And as such Your post should be modified to.

Let us look at the Old Testament:

10 ‘If there is a man who commits adultery with another man’s wife, one who commits adultery with his friend’s wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

I want you to notice a few things here.

They are caught.
Both are to be put to death.
There is to be no partiality.

In the New Testament;

2 Early in the morning He came again into the temple, and all the people were coming to Him; and He sat down and began to teach them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught in adultery, and having set her in the center of the court, 4 they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 “Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women ; what then do You say ?” 6 They were saying this, testing Him, so that they might have grounds for accusing Him. But Jesus stooped down and with His finger wrote on the ground. 7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 When they heard it, they began to go out one by one, beginning with the older ones, and He was left alone, and the woman, where she was, in the center of the court. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her, “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “I do not condemn you, either. Go. From now on sin no more.”] (John 8 )

I want you to notice a few things here.

The brought a woman whom they claim they “caught” in the act of adultery.
They only brought to woman to be tried and punished.
They did not bring the man.
They were not seeking out justice.
They were trying to trick Jesus and make Him look bad (like the atheists and their “contradictions” in the Bible).
Jesus taught them a lesson even though they did not come to learn one.
In order to uphold the Law of Moses, both participants were to be tried and put to death.
If Jesus would have condemned her to death He would have broken the Law of Moses
Jesus actually works according to the Law of Moses by not breaking it.
When He asked, “he who is without sin” they all left because they were all sinning in this specific situation by showing partiality and not bringing the man to be tried as well.
Jesus took the Law of Moses one step further (He perfected It) by forgiving the woman (something that the Law could not do because It could only condemn).

I pray you can see the difference now.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by italo: 6:09am On Sep 23, 2013
Ymodulus: Adultery punishment in the Bible's Old and
New Testaments:
The following Verses are from the NIV Bible:
Exodus 20:14 "You shall not commit
adultery."
Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found
sleeping with another man's wife, both the
man who slept with her and the woman
must die."
Leviticus 20:10 "If a man commits adultery
with another man's wife--with the wife of
his neighbor--both the adulterer and the
adulteress must be put to death."
Proverbs 6:32 "But a man who commits
adultery lacks judgment; whoever does so
destroys himself." He destroys himself by
being put to death as shown above.
Leviticus 21:9 "And the daughter of any
priest, if she profane herself by playing the
LovePeddler, she profaneth her father: she shall
be burnt with fire." Why should only a
daughter of a priest gets burnt to death if
she profanes herself? Why can't this law
apply to all daughters?
Deuteronomy 25:11-12 "If two men are
fighting and the wife of one of them comes
to rescue her husband from his assailant,
and she reaches out and seizes him by his
private parts, you shall cut off her hand.
Show her no pity." This doesn't make any
sense what so ever! Why should the woman
get her hands cut off for defending her
husband? It's not like she was cheating on
him or anything like that!

What exactly are you trying to prove? You called the Bible "holy book," remember?

If it doesnt make sense, how is it holy?
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Ymodulus: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
italo:

What exactly are you trying to prove? You called the Bible "holy book," remember?

If it doesnt make sense, how is it holy?
I never ever did call the bible a Holy Book rather i said the
"so called holly book" pls note the diff.
I will let dat slide.

And man the fact is wat i pointed out to u even the bible does that so dont criticize islam dats my point.
Note* am no muslim
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by italo: 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Ymodulus: I never ever did call the bible a Holy Book rather i said the
"so called holly book" pls note the diff.
I will let dat slide.

And man the fact is wat i pointed out to u even the bible does that so dont criticize islam dats my point.
Note* am no muslim

Ymodulus:

Mr Italo.

undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Ymodulus: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2013
ok. Agreed.

But take down my message
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by italo: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2013
Ymodulus: ok. Agreed.

But take down my message

I get your message. I never criticize anyone. I only scrutinize.

I dont know if the Quran encourages this one-sided judgement of women...though it seems like it is a widespread practice by muslims; but the Bible never encourages one-sided judgement of women which is what Jesus upheld in that passage.
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by UyiIredia(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Orikinla: Do you think it is normal and intelligent for any person to be throwing stones at a wall and say he or she is stoning the devil? grin
Then that strange character wants to be seen among us here in conversations?
No wonder they will keep on arguing with you forever that their religion is a religion of peace?
When the genesis of their religion is clearly evident in their practice?

Noted.
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Orikinla(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Noted.
grin
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Orikinla(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Why Is It Only Women Caught In Adultery Are Stoned To Death In Islam? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
@orikinla; with the greyness of your hair, i hope there is some wisdom that comes with it. i am also grey haired and i know i cant be complacent like someone still in his 20s. this is the very reason that one does not exhibit childish behavior at some age, else one may be mistaken for a fool.

honor killing is not in the Quran or Hadith. The fact that justice is metered to a guilty person who has outlet to satisfy his/her sexual hunger is not the same as family deciding to kill their loved ones, married or unmarried without due process of Islamic justice; law that includes trial and pronouncement of verdict. while in my opinion no society presently carry out the law about sex.ual immorality as expected, even with that flaw of partial burial so that the person does not have room to escape or shout and may deny the offense, no single part of this is covering the honor killing of unmarried person.

islam rules the same way on this illegal sex.ual situation on male and female.

In the lifetime of the Prophet [SA], the man who was being stoned for adultery began to run and denied that he was not guilty contrary to what he had confessed because he now cant bear the huge pain. In spite of this the people pursued him relentlessly and stoned him to death. after they had buried him, they came to the messenger [SA] to tell him that they had carried out the order. however when they told him that he was running and denying that he had committed the ugly offense, the prophet [SA] said they should have left him and let his condition be left with Allah alone.

we also read where a woman began to return to the messenger [SA] from the time she was pregnancy showing, until her child was old enough to be independent of her before the judgment was carried out on her. She had opportunities in all those years to forget about the sin she personally confessed to. she could have changed her own mind and never returned and no one would have forced her.

anyone who reads about the rules governing from accusation to trial and ending up in the actual stoning, no one will say that Islam is unfair, because there are so much leeway to preserve life. what the muslims do is another thing. and when it is different from Islam, blame the muslim person as bad muslim.

And to the stoning of the pillars as stations of satan in the rite of Hajj, maybe you forgot that in the bible the patriarchs anointed [Messiah] stones. now think about that for a moment.

even Jesus was carried by satan to temptations. think about that for another moment and tell me how he carried him, according to the bible? how does one see an ugly being wanting to carry you and if you cant fight it you didnt take to your heels and if you are able to control him you didnt subdue him, right away. thats not my issue. my issue is was satan physical or mental when he was tempting biblical Jesus? how did he drive him as a spirit to the wilderness?

finally, how was Peter satan, when peter was still the same person he was before he became satan that must get behind him?

and maybe you wanna stand in the stations of the pillars since you didnt like the ritualistic representation to be pillars? orikinla, i hope you speak yoruba because that would have been what i would write to you, below which i am gonna leave empty.

[. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ]

(1) (Reply)

I Dreamed And Saw Where Buhari Was Leading Prayers In Church. / Saturday Or Sunday / How Atheists Handle Morality In The Absence Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.