Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:24 PM

Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? (448 Views)

Exam Cheating Methods Employed By Desperate Students. / Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language / FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? by Nobody: 5:57am On Sep 23, 2013
Going through comments to any news on FG cum ASUU, it is obvious that many of we nigerian students are far from the reality of this on-going contention.

What is this reality?

Some years back, Soyinka in a newspaper interview,said, for the educational sector to be revived, it need to be closed down for a whole year during which a restructuring should be carried out.

Personally,i felt Soyinka wasnt fair enough until several other interviews,in which govt parastatals both in d papers & on the news,confirmed that over 80% of nigerian students are unemployable- a fact well known to us all.

Then,if i may ask,for a govt that is aware of the educational predicament of the Nigerian society, what less do we deserve from them?

Unfortunately, many students are forced to think ASUU as the enemy of their "glory" or "destiny",which is why desperation is beginning to set in. Also,joblesness,hunger,worthlessness etc play their role in this. But,ask yourself, what is the difference between now and when i graduate?

Truly,there may be some outrageous demands by ASUU,but, of what use is that to a caged lion? We struggle for 4,5,7 years only to be useless,is that the drill? what particular hope does this our outdated institutions have to offer for tomorrow?

The only place where life holds meaning for great Nigerian students is in those cubicles called university...i cannot but weep at how successful these elected nicompoops have successfully reduced geniuses to mediocre,mediocre to idiots. And yet...

Fellow coleagues,it is either we join in this fight for a better education that promises hope or we continue shamelessly in our display of mediocrity, and village civility. Mind you,nobody gives a damn about whether you get destiny or not as long as their private universities are functioning and their wards are princes in another man's world.

Stop fighting for yourseld alone...a better Nigeria is equal to a better people,not person!

Well,its early in the morning,i ve to prepare for the day.

But,with the little i've said,despite not saying many things, and for a person with great insight,you ll agree with me that when a lion becomes depesperate for food amidst sheeps and it is complaining of hunger, their is fire on the mountain?

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? by agboolakolade: 6:11am On Sep 23, 2013
You are right my brother...I thought I was the only one looking at the perspective before...what beholds of Nigerian future when the destiny of tomorrow leaders are on the verge of collapsing and no hope of restoration..infact Nigerian leaders are the luckiest on earth,they arre not been pursue with rotten eggs and tomatoes neither burning their properties despite all the corruptions and evil political wickedness...Nigerian students are suffering and smilling and they don't even show any single sign of rettaliation or revenge.let's take a look at other countries and see what's happening...May God help us in this country..God bless Nigeria....
Re: Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2013
crap.....so u expected me 2 read all ur non-sense***
Re: Nigerian Students Are So Desperate...why? by wasak(m): 7:06am On Sep 23, 2013
bull poo

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Describe Nigeria's Education At 53 / Need Tutors / Can I Pay For My Four Years Degree Programme At Once In Unimaid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.