Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language (3039 Views)

Akwa Ibom Science College Where Students Are Raised In Squalour / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. / How Students Are Punished In Cameroon For Coming Late To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by olucephas(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2016
According to Temitope Omotayo who shared the photo, the men and women pictured here are students of Yoruba language at University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.
"So if you are still ashamed of your culture and you feel reluctant to speak your language with your children then na you know o. If we don't teach our children our language. I am sure these new set of people who are passionate about learning the language will teach them. I am referring to Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Swahili & other African languages" he said

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by olucephas(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2016
FP pls
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 11:45am On Mar 13, 2016
Just look at how keen they are about it. This is how they rule the world. They learn and know everything about us and use every information to their advantage

1 Like

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:
Just kook at how keen they are about it. This is how they rule the world. They learn and know everything about us and use every information to their advantage
oga it's no news. We study English and other foreign language here too.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 12:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
oga it's no news. We study English and other foreign language here too.

Madam. We study English because they colonised us. We still study it because it was imposed in our educational curriculum. We have to speak and write it because they've made it a global means of communication. They learn ours out of interest and most importantly to maintain the status quo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

Madam. We study English because they colonised us. We still study it because it was imposed in our educational curriculum. We have to speak and write it because they've made it a global means of communication. They learn ours out of interest and most importantly to maintain the status quo
... and German? Spanish? French? Korean? Arabic...? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:

How many of the above do you speak

1 Like

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

How many of the above do you speak
my point is, Nigerians learn these foreign languages/culture here and any other students outside studying Yoruba as a foreign language is not NEWS!!! Oh, I'm learning spanish and French out of curiosity. I'm a beginner.

2 Likes

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
my point is, Nigerians learn these foreign languages/culture here and any other students outside studying Yoruba as a foreign language is not NEWS!!! Oh, I'm learning spanish and French out of curiosity. I'm a beginner.

Congratulations on learning french and Spanish. Truth be told. There's an economic advantage attached to learning these languages and I bet that's part of your motive. Else, you would have boasted of being able to communicate in more than one local language and even learning more.

1 Like

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MsGlobalwonder(f): 1:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

Congratulations on learning french and Spanish. Truth be told. There's an economic advantage attached to learning these languages and I bet that's part of your motive. Else, you would have boasted of being able to communicate in more than one local language and even learning more.
Ahhh! I communicate well with my Yoruba oo. Kosorogun mehn. Like I said, i'm learning out of curiosity. Trust me, they are studying it too for economic reasons. UN and other international Charity bodies will find them useful. Even their museum et al. They can't be studying Yoruba if it has no prospect whatsoever.
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:
Just kook at how keen they are about it. This is how they rule the world. They learn and know everything about us and use every information to their advantage
yes, that is white people for you, they are not learning yoruba for the fun of it, but they will use it later to their advantage.

1 Like

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
Ahhh! I communicate well with my Yoruba oo. Kosorogun mehn. Like I said, i'm learning out of curiosity. Trust me, they are studying it too for economic reasons. UN and other international Charity bodies will find them useful. Even their museum et al. They can't be studying Yoruba if it has no prospect whatsoever.

This argument is based mainly on speculation. while you believe they are learning Yoruba out of curiosity, I believe they have ulterior motives. The true reason, only time will tell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by lalasticlala(m): 2:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
olucephas, kindly provide link to where the Temitope Omotayo shared the pic.. Thanks
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by Menace2Society(m): 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
lalasticlala:
olucephas, kindly provide link to where the Temitope Omotayo shared the pic.. Thanks
Please ban me now undecided
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by klassykute(m): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
oya ask am well
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by klassykute(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
como estas amigos?
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by Ruq: 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

Oga leave that babe. I always try to let people know we have lost the war along time ago, all those screaming culture extinction are just waisting their time. We can only manage the damage done and apply control to the stage we are now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by abumeinben(m): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
olucephas:
According to Temitope Omotayo who shared the photo, the men and women pictured here are students of Yoruba language at University of Wisconsin, Madison, U.S.
"So if you are still ashamed of your culture and you feel reluctant to speak your language with your children then na you know o. If we don't teach our children our language. I am sure these new set of people who are passionate about learning the language will teach them. I am referring to Hausa, Yoruba Igbo, Swahili & other African languages" he said

You see this as cultural pride ahn?

Dude, CIA in action....get that?

'tis called understudying

2 Likes

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by uncjay(m): 4:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:

Madam those languages are not included in our curriculum which I believe you know, learning any of the above mentioned or other foreign languages except English is sheer individual interest and not compelling or influence by any national or educational policy....

English on the other hand is compulsory within the Nigeria entry, we are forced to use it. Not interest. Arabic is as a result of the islamic religion and we are not compel to interact in it. Not even muslims.
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
waste of time.,

waste of resources.,

waste of language..

wtf wud they do with such language after now ??
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MrHackmed1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

Lool...Wetin you dey kook? grin
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MrHackmed1(m): 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
sixthsense:
waste of time.,

waste of resources.,

waste of language..

I doubt your username is working embarassed embarassed
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by IamAtribalist: 5:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
cool Future CIA agents and interpreters? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MrHackmed1(m): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2016
abumeinben:

You see this as cultural pride ahn?

Dude, CIA in action....get that?

Now you talking....

[img]http://m.popkey.co/9c8c5b/7M7Og_f-maxage-0.gif[/img]
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by mrbyron(m): 5:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
MrHackmed1:

Lool...Wetin you dey kook? grin

Na typo typo Na! Which kind eagle eye you get sef? Abeg go exchange am with human being own cheesy
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MrHackmed1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 13, 2016
mrbyron:

Na typo typo Na! Which kind eagle eye you get sef? Abeg go exchange am with human being own cheesy

Make I arrange carrot n green beans so you can kook us Indomie sharply... cheesy cheesy
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by segxes23(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
And so what... Haven't we been studying english for close to a century it more?? Yeye!
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by abumeinben(m): 7:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
MrHackmed1:

Now you talking....

[img]http://m.popkey.co/9c8c5b/7M7Og_f-maxage-0.gif[/img]

Thank you thank you.....you're far too kind
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by BUSHHUNTER: 8:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
BUSHHUNTER:

lol. Meaning?
Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by BUSHHUNTER: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
lol. Meaning?

Re: Photo: These White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language by DaFlash: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
sixthsense:
waste of time.,
waste of resources.,
waste of language..
IPAD spotted. Go and hang yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crazy Spelling Bee List At My Daughter's School / Jamb Is No More Relevant In Lasu Admision- Vc / How Did U Get An Excellent GPA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.