Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,683 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians (4216 Views)

10 Extinct Nigerian Languages And What You Think Can Be Done To Save The Rest / Different And Instresting Ways You Spell Your Name! / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by xymigrator(m): 7:44am On Jun 24, 2008
Landers,i have been thinking about this a long time now.What is it about the igbos that make them so proud and special about themselves.

Igbos have this believe and mentality that they are by far better than other tribes and that even the white man is less intelligent than they are.I have come across so many of them with this mindset.

What do u guys think of this;your response please.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by Ijiji1(m): 7:59am On Jun 24, 2008
We are just very hard working dedicated people. At the end of the day if we  proud of our achievements then I don't see anything wrong with that. Do you know after the war our people were left with nothing, but look at us today.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by romeo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2008
Stop making stupid threads like this one bush man! I know you are an Igbo man like me but what you are asking for is a lot of trouble. What do you expect other tribes to start writing here? Igbo bashing of course! Use your brain if you have one.

Even area boys will know you're a dunce when open your mouth in their presence.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by grafikdon: 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2008
XYmigrator, I don't see anything wrong with one beating his chest with glee due to his laudable achievement in the face of 'insurmountable odds', but excessive pride often leads to the eradication of that thick line between pride and arrogance. I don't know where you are heading with your 'Igbos are next to God' statement. . . I don't know how you came to that shady conclusion and I sure hope you're not here to spearhead the congregation of the tribal warriors and devious spectators of Nairaland.

I know what it feels like to be looked down upon and will never inflict that mental genocide on my fellow human being (except Amahajibab. . . that Iranian president that believes in 'wiping' people off the face of the planet angry angry). Do not irritate people and incite uproar with inflammatory bogus claims. If you are Igbo, you need to stop sniffing Mama Mgbokwor stale snuff and stop hanging out with the notorious 'Monkey in an SUV', if you are not, may God have mercy on your devious soul. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by romeo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2008
xymigrator:

Landers,i have been thinking about this a long time now.What is it about the igbos that make them so proud and special about themselves.

Igbos have this believe and mentality that they are by far better than other tribes and that even the white man is less intelligent than they are[b].I have come across so many of them with this mindset.[/b]

You are the only one with that stupid mindset
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by ifyalways(f): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2008
Lmao smiley OK.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by LetThemSay: 7:37am On Jun 26, 2008
romeo:

Stop making stupid threads like this one bush man! I know you are an Igbo man like me but what you are asking for is a lot of trouble. What do you expect other tribes to start writing here? Igbo bashing of course! Use your brain if you have one.

Even area boys will know you're a dunce when open your mouth in their presence.

LOL grin grin
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by Seastone(f): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2008
Igbos have this believe and mentality that they are by far better than other tribes and that even the white man is less intelligent than they are.
so the white man is more intelligent then you

I have come across so many of them with this mindset.
YEs and I am one!What do u guys think of this;your response please.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by Hazeleyed(f): 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2008
grafikdon:

XYmigrator, I don't see anything wrong with one beating his chest with glee due to his laudable achievement in the face of 'insurmountable odds', but excessive pride often leads to the eradication of that thick line between pride and arrogance. I don't know where you are heading with your 'Igbos are next to God' statement. . . I don't know how you came to that shady conclusion and I sure hope you're not here to spearhead the congregation of the tribal warriors and devious spectators of Nairaland.

I know what it feels like to be looked down upon and will never inflict that mental genocide on my fellow human being (except Amahajibab. . . that Iranian president that believes in 'wiping' people off the face of the planet angry angry). Do not irritate people and incite uproar with inflammatory bogus claims. [b]If you are Igbo, you need to stop sniffing Mama Mgbokwor stale snuff and stop hanging out with the notorious 'Monkey in an SUV'[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color][/b], if you are not, may God have mercy on your devious soul. undecided lipsrsealed

hahahaha, my goodness, u just made my day,
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by Afribiz(f): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2008
xymigrator:

Igbos have this believe and mentality that they are by far better than other tribes and that even the white man is less intelligent than they are.I have come across so many of them with this mindset.

You've been thinking about this for a long time? keep on thinking, Agadi Ewu, that shows the level of your mentality. You have no better things to think of than trash. You want to claim smartness by bringing up this topic to knock heads together?
TRIBAL slowpoke of the century.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 16, 2013
Another unprovoked anti-Igbo thread from back in the day.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by tpia5: 11:24pm On May 16, 2013
the op said he is igbo though.

xymigrator:
I like that,infact we need more of other tribes who are in love with us the IGBO'S. You can adopt "KAMSI" (KAMSIRIROCHUKWU IN FULL) Meaning How i asked God. usally named when someone got exactly what he requested from God.
Re: What Makes Igbo's Different And Proud From The Rest Of Nigerians by gise: 5:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
I need education a bit more on this about what igbo have been doing in Nigeria more or less than other groups me i'm American or what you guys call akata so I don't know I know just about anyone who comes to America does somewhat better. I also know that Nigeria is not doing as well as Sweden but maybe about the same all things considered as Detroit I'm very serious if you could please list some achievements

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Belongs To The Great Benin Kingdom: OBA OF LAGOS / Ifa Heritage Institute Is Open For Admission / The True Reason Why Most Yoruba Women Have Smelly Pussy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.