Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,360 members, 7,954,471 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:47 PM

A Word Is Enough For A Wise - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Word Is Enough For A Wise (890 Views)

Every English Word Is Already Taken As A Domain/website Name / Webmasters - You Don’t Need Paypal! Be Careful And Wise! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Word Is Enough For A Wise by fransois2(m): 1:08pm On Jun 24, 2008
Choosing the right host is a very important decision. There are so many host companies that claim to be the best and confuse people with their unlimited goodies. Be wary of free hosts, particularly ones that seem to be giving far too good a deal to you - they probably are. The Webmaster-talk forums are regularly spammed with free hosting, I urge you to ignore this as a highly reputable hosts do not spam forums!
smiley
Re: A Word Is Enough For A Wise by Afam(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2008
There are machines that can host 50,000 websites just as these machines can handle 500 websites. It all boils down to reliability of the servers in question and a server with fewer websites will certainly be more reliable all other things being equal.

But it seems that the best way for customers to know which is which is for them to try and see as you will never have shortage of people that will promise everything under the sun just to get hold of your money.
Re: A Word Is Enough For A Wise by SamMilla1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2008
So which hosts are the best,
So far so good,
my host company is very good and reliable.
siteground.com
Re: A Word Is Enough For A Wise by kehers(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2008
The one thumb rule is never to over rely on a host. Be always ready to move at any Jack Robinson. And the way to it is to be sure if things go wrong, you are safe and can pitch ur tenth somewhere else as fast as possible. For one, backup as often as necessary and two, it is adviceable to have your domian name registered elsewhere and let ur hosting company handle just the hosting alone so that if things go wrong, you an easily get ur files elsewhere and change the name server of ur domian name to the new one.
Generally, and with some bad experience, I dont that trust Nigerian hosting companies. Pardon my "unpatriotism" but the fact is that the infrastructure in the country today cant afford a Nigerian hosting company giving the best of service (even if he wants to) - take electricity for one. I only use Nigerian hosting companies I know are resellers to a company elsewhere and that is if it is a very small job,

(1) (Reply)

Get Free Backlinks Software To Your Website / The Best Blogging Topics Of 2012 / Swift 4g Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.