Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,512 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? (1467 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? by sulakishop(m): 8:59am On Sep 24, 2013
I wonder what the CBN is doing about these ATM machines that commercial banks refuse to stuff with other denominations except N1,000. Are they trying to wipe out other currencies? Can't we have ATM machines stuffed with N1,000;N500;N200 and N100? Haba Mallam Sanusi, is there nothing that can be done about this?
Yours Seriously Angry Nigerian,
sulakishop.
Re: Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 24, 2013
Its not as if they cannot but I feel its the need for banks to maximise the amount held on the ATM cos loading lower denominations actually reduces amount loaded hence a more frequent visits by the custodian or staff and this could be a security threat to the bank.
Re: Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? by obajohn(m): 11:14am On Sep 24, 2013
well said. even if we cant withdraw the smaller denomenations we should be able to,at least, load our phones with the 100,200, 300,etc. before i use to recharge my phone with these smaller denomenations but now that facilities has been removed in some banks.(gtb,zenith,diamond,etc).

honestly, i believe,with my little knowledge of economics and the dynamics of banks financial buoyancy, that our banks are not financially sound.

If you recall when the coins was re-introduced sometimes ago. it was this same banks that frustrated the effort.
they know that if the use of coins was successful, most of them will not find it comfortable. ALL GOVERNMENT WORKERS HAVE THEIR SALARIES IN NAIRA AND KOBO.So if everyone will withdraw their money to the last kobo,you know what that means.

In submission that is my opinon.
Re: Cbn Guv, Cant Atms Dispense N100; N200; N500 As Well As The Usual N1,000? by sulakishop(m): 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2013
isha.salam:
Its not as if they cannot but I feel its the need for banks to maximise the amount held on the ATM cos loading lower denominations actually reduces amount loaded hence a more frequent visits by the custodian or staff and this could be a security threat to the bank.

If it is a security threat why did most of them stop loading even N500? Seriously, it is extremely mournful.

(1) (Reply)

The ULTIMATE Secret To Online Business Success / Proposal To Form A Business Team / My 10 Most Powerful Secrete Of Making Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.