Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! (1944 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup On June 11 At 8:30am / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by Seun(m): 2:36am On Jun 19, 2006
This system doesn't make the forum attractive to those who are not really into soccer. I want to talk about the French match because I saw them playing on TV, but I first have to do research on which group they are playing in.

THerefore I suggest that this system should be scrapped once we reach the second round. From the second round, the format for threads we start should be: TeamA vs TeamB: So And So Round Germany 2006. Thanks.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by amodu(m): 11:31am On Jun 19, 2006
That is a nice one there from Akola, it will be very nice.

So when will you start it.

Stay cool.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by bagoma(f): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2006
Seun:

This system doesn't make the forum attractive to those who are not really into soccer. I want to talk about the French match because I saw them playing on TV, but I first have to do research on which group they are playing in.

THerefore I suggest that this system should be scrapped once we reach the second round. From the second round, the format for threads we start should be: TeamA vs TeamB: So And So Round Germany 2006. Thanks.

seun, i think what akolawole did was great and commendable. he got[b] everyone[/b] involved in the threads, and i find it not bothersome at all locating the threads to post in.
imagine the endless nos of threads we would have had if it wasnt grouped ( remember that each country in a group would play three other countries, multiply that with the eight groups we have. that will be the no of threads we would have had for just the group stages alone) to me that would have been a real drag. nevertheless you are the c-in-c here, so if you say the system should be scraped then it would be scraped. angry
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by Seun(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2006
After the group stage the number of matches will be drastically reduced, making it appropriate to post a different topic for each match. Stop thinking with your emotions, woman. cheesy The sports forum is not for soccer fanatics alone!

Akolawole's step was nice, but since he rejected a moderator position his decisions are not binding at all.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2006
Akolawole's step was excellente Seun! Admit it! Imagine having threads for 32 games of the group 1 stages alone, that would have been 64 threads for a one month championship, by the semifinal we'd be spending 32 yrs looking for past threads. Not forgetting each thread won't be more than a few replies or none at all, imagine what would happen for a Saudi vs Tunisia game where no one gives a fig!
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by bagoma(f): 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2006
@ seun, thinking with my emotions? you'll have to decode that one for me. cheesy cheesy cheesy.
and what the hell do you mean by soccer fanatics?
soccer lovers, fans even 'soccer-addicts' would have been a better word, man. cool

@ davidlan, thank you o jare.
my point exactly. some threads will have zero replies in them. anyway he just admitted it was a nice step.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by hucarson(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2006
@ seun,
What Akola did was smart.
Akola's move has brought more people to Nairaland than before.
His efforts should be applauded.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by amodu(m): 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2006
@ Seun, Akola is doing a great job he as make nairaland a lively place to be, in terms of soccer i dont even bother myself visiting anyother site for the latest because i m very sure that if i get into nairaland i will get the latest, fresh and brand new socer news in the hole world courtesy Akola and the rest of the forum.

So i will urge you to let it be the way Akola has stated.

Stay cool.
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by Akolawole(m): 5:56pm On Jun 26, 2006
@Everyone

Thanks so much for your E-mail,Yahoo IM et al.

Thanks for Flattering me guys
Re: To Make The World Cup Enjoyable! by Akolawole(m): 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2006
Seun:

After the group stage the number of matches will be drastically reduced, making it appropriate to post a different topic for each match. Stop thinking with your emotions, woman. cheesy The sports forum is not for soccer fanatics alone!

Akolawole's step was nice, but since he rejected a moderator position his decisions are not binding at all.

I am not Authocratic at all.

Grouping them is just an advise and it is NOT binding at all afterall few members still launch the threads they want.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INDIA Vs NIGERIA 99-1 Abeg, Who Watch Am? / Gym At Iyana Ipaja/genesis Estate Aboru / Bet9ja Code For Today Friday Sept 8,2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.