Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Is There A Need For The Saviour? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There A Need For The Saviour? (1596 Views)

The TRUE PICTURE Of JESUS Christ,the Saviour Of The World, REVEALED! / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World / Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:20am On Sep 24, 2013
Do you see your need of the Saviour? If you don't, let me ask you a question. How would you best convince a man (who was about to jump 10,000 feet from a plane) that he needs to put on a parachute? You would hang him out of the plane by his ankles for a few seconds, and let his own common sense work for him. Let me do you a big favour and hang you out of the door of eternity for a few seconds. After you die you have to face a law that is much harsher than gravity. It is God's moral Law--and it will judge you from the standard of moral perfection. He sees lust as adultery and hatred as murder. If you have stolen anything, you are a thief and you cannot enter Heaven. Lying lips are an "abomination" to Him, and the Bible warns that "all" liars will end up in Hell. If you pass through death refusing to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ" you will be justly damned. You need the Saviour. Now, let your common sense kick in. Go to www.NeedGod.com and it will tell you how to be saved. Don't wait another minute.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by RayMcBlue(m): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Only delusional and mentally weak persons need saviours, I don't.

I make my own decisions, create my own luck, forge my own path, hold my own destiny, and decide my own fate. The same applies to you too, pity you haven't realised it yet.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
If the good Lord in his infinite wisdom intended humankind to be Angels, I can assure you he'd have provided wings !
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Only delusional and mentally weak persons need saviours, I don't.

I make my own decisions, create my own luck, forge my own path, hold my own destiny, and decide my own fate. The same applies to you too, pity you haven't realised yet.

Your decisions determine your destiny.

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ray McBlue: Only delusional and mentally weak persons need saviours, I don't.

I make my own decisions, create my own luck, forge my own path, hold my own destiny, and decide my own fate. The same applies to you too, pity you haven't realised yet.

There are enough fatalist and determinist atheists who would disagree with you, Jerry Coyne for instance.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ OLAADEGBU: Look at humans. A young man, older than me sacrificed his life for a young boy in flames. This is a human, and yet, you believe in an all-loving God who sends people to hell for eternity ? That's evil, contradicts the notion of God being all-loving and in fact, makes God a sadist, because a loving human father would hardly want his son to be tortured forever, yet you believe God is such.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

There are enough fatalist and determinist atheists who would disagree with you, Jerry Coyne for instance.

Atheists don't always agree. I see myself as a realist though.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by RayMcBlue(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Look at humans. A young man, older than me sacrificed his life for a young boy in flames. This is a human, and yet, you believe in an all-loving God who sends people to hell for eternity? That's evil, contradicts the notion of God being all-loving and in fact, makes God a sadist, because a loving human father would hardly want his son to be tortured forever, yet you believe God is such.

The above exactly proved my point. You decide your own fate. The deceased had a choice to take another path, but he decided to take the one that killed him eventually, thus he forged his own path. That singular decision ended his life because he decided to do the right thing. It was his choice to make, not anyone's or god's but his alone. He alone held his destiny. Some people would come out and say he died because his stars didn't shine bright enough, in other words he was ill fated. But what about the child he saved? Didn't good fortune smiled on the lucky baby? That's only because of the selfless act by the brave young man to come to it's rescue. The baby was seemingly doomed until the young man dashed in and saved it. He created his own luck by that selfless and brave action.

Everything you do, whatever choice you make, wherever you may end up, it's all in your hands. It's your decision to make. You are your own god, the master of your own fate, YOU DON'T NEED A SAVIOUR.

4 Likes

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by Debeloved87(m): 10:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
@rayMcble, uyi-iredia.
...Now lets fast-forward to 20years time, the boy that was saved from fire as now become a very successful businessman,known worldwide, and have every good things at his finger tip. Tell me, will he be bold to say to himself that he has no need for a Saviour...unhm, even if he tried to do so, the world and that fateful day will rise and cry against him, and remind him of the day when a man have to sacrifice his life for him to live...
You said the baby was seemingly doomed and the man has his choice to make...the same way humanity was doomed and Jesus has his choice to make, but he choose to safe and redeem us by dying on the cross..
..what Jesus did for humanity on the cross, is beyond human comprehension.
Accept Jesus into your life now, for Tomorrow might be too late.
JESUS LOVES YOU.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48am On Sep 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

@ OLAADEGBU: Look at humans. A young man, older than me sacrificed his life for a young boy in flames. This is a human, and yet, you believe in an all-loving God who sends people to hell for eternity ? That's evil, contradicts the notion of God being all-loving and in fact, makes God a sadist, because a loving human father would hardly want his son to be tortured forever, yet you believe God is such.

TheBeloved87 has answered your question, but if I may add a few words I would say that Hell is self perpetuating. We as eternal beings are created in the image of God and if we choose not to be with God we will definitely be separated from God. Our decisions determines our destinies. God will not force anyone who doesn't want to be with Him. His love for us compelled Him to give His only begotten Son, His Son's love for us compelled Him to give His body and blood as a propitiation for our sins. It's up to us to make the right decision.

If you insist that God cannot create hell you are right, he is a figment of your imagination and he cannot because he does not exist. When we create a god in our own mind and say what he can and cannot do that is idolatory, the oldest sin in the Bible. All idolaters will not dwell eternally with God they will be eternally separated from the Only God who is the Eternal God.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by RayMcBlue(m): 6:34am On Sep 25, 2013
Debeloved87: @rayMcble, uyi-iredia.
...Now lets fast-forward to 20years time, the boy that was saved from fire as now become a very successful businessman,known worldwide, and have every good things at his finger tip. Tell me, will he be bold to say to himself that he has no need for a Saviour...

Everyone has many paths spread in front of him, many choices. The path you take will determine where you will end up. He could have died that day, but the deceased swapped his life for his, thus setting him on the right path to greatness.

If he was brought up in a religious manner, he will naturally feel a need for god, and demonstrate his appreciation by showering considerable donations to the church of his choosing.

But if he were to deviate, to rebel and finally start thinking in an intellectual way, a free-thinker so-to-speak, he will come to realize that it wasn't god that saved him that fateful day, it was an ordinary, flesh and blood young man instead. A mortal that gave his life for his, so that he will live, not a mere specter of the imagination, no offence. Now, as a realist, he will dedicate his life to taking care of the family of the man that saved his life.

But again, it's not mandatory that he should. He may decide to ignore the deceased family and pretend that they never existed. At the end of the day, it's his decision to make, his alone. "What happened had happened, and live goes on, such is life. He doesn't need a saviour".

Debeloved87: unhm, even if he tried to do so, the world and that fateful day will rise and cry against him, and remind him of the day when a man have to sacrifice his life for him to live...

I'd like to see people try. If he's a successful business man like you said, a lot of people will be too busy kissing his àss to bother much about his moral perception.

And again it depends on where he made his home. In a secular continent like Europe, nobody will give a damn, in religious pollutant continent like Africa, however, there is bound to be some whispers emanating from some of the Holier-than-thou, hypocritical bunch.

Debeloved87: You said the baby was seemingly doomed and the man has his choice to make...the same way humanity was doomed and Jesus has his choice to make, but he choose to safe and redeem us by dying on the cross..
JESUS LOVES YOU.

Now, that's foolishness. Remember you were preaching to a realist that doesn't believe in what he cannot see or prove.

Telling me that Jesus loves me is like telling me that an asteroid will hit earth today, no shred of evidence backing up your claim and yet expecting it of me to swallow the baloney whole - hook, line and sinker.

Now, that's what we call Bullsh*t. It doesn't fly in the real world.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2013
Debeloved87: @rayMcble, uyi-iredia.
...Now lets fast-forward to 20years time, the boy that was saved from fire as now become a very successful businessman,known worldwide, and have every good things at his finger tip. Tell me, will he be bold to say to himself that he has no need for a Saviour...unhm, even if he tried to do so, the world and that fateful day will rise and cry against him, and remind him of the day when a man have to sacrifice his life for him to live...
You said the baby was seemingly doomed and the man has his choice to make...the same way humanity was doomed and Jesus has his choice to make, but he choose to safe and redeem us by dying on the cross..
JESUS LOVES YOU.

Ehmm. Sorry. Will people respond to the boy's pride by torturing him throughout his life, or hope he will change ? And yet you like the idea God will send your ancestors and unbelievers to hell forever. Isn't an excruciating toryre for one year enough ? Yet you say forever. And btw will YOU as a human require sacrifice to forgive a person or you just do. Sorry, an all-loving God should just forgive without needing a sacrifice, Jesus' death was self-serving not selfless. If God was selfless, he wouldn't require a sacrifice to forgive, even us mere humans don't.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 7:49am On Sep 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

TheBeloved87 has answered your question, but if I may add a few words I would say that Hell is self perpetuating. We as eternal beings are created in the image of God and if we choose not to be with God we will definitely be separated from God. Our decisions determines our destinies. God will not force anyone who doesn't want to be with Him. His love for us compelled Him to give His only begotten Son, His Son's love for us compelled Him to give His body and blood as a propitiation for our sins. It's up to us to make the right decision.

If you insist that God cannot create hell you are right, he is a figment of your imagination and he cannot because he does not exist. When we create a god in our own mind and say what he can and cannot do that is idolatory, the oldest sin in the Bible. All idolaters will not dwell eternally with God they will be eternally separated from the Only God who is the Eternal God.

Mr OLAADEGBU, do humans require animal sacrifice before they forgive someone for an offence ? A yes/no will do.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Mr OLAADEGBU, do humans require animal sacrifice before they forgive someone for an offence ? A yes/no will do.

Yes, some do.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Yes, some do.

Is such good ? Yes/No with reasons.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Is such good ? Yes/No with reasons.

God doesn't just forgive arbitrarily He forgives for a reason. God is good but He is a Just God. If a human just judge forgives someone who murders or rapes a loved one of yours simply because the criminal asked to be forgiven would you still see that judge as being just?

If he is a just judge he will have to execute the sentence recommended for the crime. God is a Just Judge. The recommended sentence in God's Law for a sinner is death (separation from God), if He is to remain just He will have to execute the sentence recommended for the sin; His Law says that: The soul that sins shall die, God satisfied this penalty by becoming a man to die a vicarious death and shed His efficacious blood on our behalf.

When we come to this knowledge of truth we can then come to God in repentance and ask for forgiveness based on the finished work of Christ and we would be forgiven. This is how God is a good and loving God but at the same time He is a just God. If He does otherwise He wouldn't be a just God.

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by UyiIredia(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2013
I don't see why God can't be reasoned with, though this is extremely unlikely, to allow people less harsh punishments for not believing in Jesus, when a human father does such. Furthermore, human sacrifice is not a must to forgive, God DID NOT give an unconditional love on the cross but a conditional one, accept my terms of forgiveness (by receiving Christ) or perish in hell forever. True forgiveness doesn't come with strings attached, unfortunately I doubt you would see the strings, you see God selflessness in killing to forgive. *sighs* Daz all. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39am On Sep 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I don't see why God can't be reasoned with,

God reasons with us as you can find in Isaiah 1:18-20:

"Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it"

You can see that faith in the God of creation and redemption is not blind faith but is fully consistent with all true spiritual reason, which makes it a reasonable faith. The precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ washes whiter than snow and wool.

Uyi Iredia:

though this is extremely unlikely, to allow people less harsh punishments for not believing in Jesus, when a human father does such.

"Woe to you, Chorazin! woe to you, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And you, Capernaum, which are exalted to heaven, shall be thrust down to Hell" (Luke 10:13-14).

The world often mocks the thought of hell, by saying that God is unjust in sending all sinners there regardless of whether their sins are menial or heinous. God’s punishment, however, will be according to righteousness. Here we see that the more sinful cities of Chorazin and Bethsaida will receive a more harsh judgment than Tyre and Sidon. Every human being (who dies in his or her sins) will get exactly what they deserve. Justice will be done. - Ray Comfort.

Uyi Iredia:

Furthermore, human sacrifice is not a must to forgive, God DID NOT give an unconditional love on the cross but a conditional one, accept my terms of forgiveness (by receiving Christ) or perish in hell forever.

God determines what sin is and decides what the sentence for breaking such laws should be: "The soul that sins shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4). God also gives out the condition for the forgiveness of sin. He is the God of creation and redemption.

Uyi Iredia:

True forgiveness doesn't come with strings attached, unfortunately I doubt you would see the strings, you see God selflessness in killing to forgive. *sighs* Daz all. Peace.

See yourself languishing in a deep well and a benevolent man throws out a life line for your escape, do you think you will be delivered if you refuse to grab hold of the life line? How will a gift be yours if you refuse to accept it? The gift is only yours on the condition that you accept it.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23am On Oct 01, 2013
In the wonderful story that Jesus told of the Prodigal son (Luke 15) we see that it was the younger son that went to a far country and used his inheritance to pay for sex. When the money ran out Jesus said that the Prodigal joined himself to a citizen of that country and got a job feeding pigs.

When you sin against God you "join" yourself to Satan. The Bible says that he is the god of this evil world (see 2 Corinthians 4:1-4). He is your father and his will you gladly do. You lust, fornicate, lie, steal, blaspheme and sin with reckless abandon. Sin gives you pleasure and your boss gladly pays you for doing his will--"the wages of sin in death" (Romans 6:23). Jesus said that Satan came to "kill, steal and destroy," (see John 10:10), and but for the grace of God the devil would kill you, steal from you and destroy you in Hell. The wages of sin is death. Quit before Payday.

See www.needGod.com for details.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2013
In the redemptive story that Jesus told of the Prodigal son (Luke 15) the younger son went to a far country and used his inheritance to pay for sex. Within the story is hidden the reason we have so many bitter atheists in this generation. When the son wanted his money, he simply said, "Give me my money." He saw his dad as a servant. But when his money ran out and he began to desire to eat pig food, he came to his senses and returned to his father and said, "Make me a servant." It was the revelation that his desires were for filth that brought him to his senses.

Modern preachers don't like to talk about sin. Instead, they tell us that God has a wonderful plan for our lives, that something is missing--we have a "God-shaped hole" in our heart, that God will help us with our problems. It is because sin isn't preached that millions have made commitments to Christ with no knowledge of sin. They never get to understand that their sinful desires are for pig food. We crave the sexually unclean, and so when things go wrong, instead of going to God and saying "Make me a servant," they say, "God, I've run out of money. Give me..." They are false converts who look on God as some sort of divine butler, and it's not long until they fall away from the faith and become bitter, because God did not do what they told Him to. But He isn't our servant. It just doesn't work that way.

Watch Evolution Vs God FREE Here! - > http:///17Y69j5

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2013
The Bible tells us that Jesus called Philip to follow Him, Philip immediately found Nathanael and told him about the Saviour. Nathanael’s question is a typical reaction of the contemporary world to those who follow the Saviour. To the cynical, Christians are intellectual wimps, prudes, rejects—unlearned cripples who need some sort of crutch to get them through life. So it is understandable for them to ask, "Can any good thing come out of Christianity?" Down through the ages, its good name has been tainted with the stained brush of hypocrisy, dead religion, and more recently, fanatical sects and televangelism.

Philip merely answered Nathanael's cynicism with the same thing Jesus said to Andrew—"Come and see." Skeptic, come and see. Atheist, come and see. Intellectual, come and see. Just come with a humble and teachable heart, and you who are sightless will see and know that this Man from Nazareth is the Son of God.

See www.needGod.com for details.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by macof(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2013
Ray McBlue: Only delusional and mentally weak persons need saviours, I don't.

I make my own decisions, create my own luck, forge my own path, hold my own destiny, and decide my own fate. The same applies to you too, pity you haven't realised it yet.
am in love with ur post grin. I couldn't have said it better
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by macof(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

God reasons with us as you can find in Isaiah 1:18-20:

"Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it"

You can see that faith in the God of creation and redemption is not blind faith but is fully consistent with all true spiritual reason, which makes it a reasonable faith. The precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ washes whiter than snow and wool.

"Woe to you, Chorazin! woe to you, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And you, Capernaum, which are exalted to heaven, shall be thrust down to Hell" (Luke 10:13-14).

The world often mocks the thought of hell, by saying that God is unjust in sending all sinners there regardless of whether their sins are menial or heinous. God’s punishment, however, will be according to righteousness. Here we see that the more sinful cities of Chorazin and Bethsaida will receive a more harsh judgment than Tyre and Sidon. Every human being (who dies in his or her sins) will get exactly what they deserve. Justice will be done. - Ray Comfort.

God determines what sin is and decides what the sentence for breaking such laws should be: "The soul that sins shall die" (Ezekiel 18:4). God also gives out the condition for the forgiveness of sin. He is the God of creation and redemption.

See yourself languishing in a deep well and a benevolent man throws out a life line for your escape, do you think you will be delivered if you refuse to grab hold of the life line? How will a gift be yours if you refuse to accept it? The gift is only yours on the condition that you accept it.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).
and death would surely come to everyman
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2013
A little girl was once looking at a sheep as it ate green grass. She thought to herself how nice and white the sheep looked against the green grass. Then it began to snow. The little girl then thought how dirty the sheep looked against the white snow. It was the same sheep, but with a different background. When we compare ourselves to the background of man’s standards, we come up reasonably clean. However, when we compare ourselves to the snow-white righteousness of the Law of God (the Ten Commandments), we see that “we are all as an unclean thing, and our righteous deeds are as filthy rags” (see Isaiah 64:6). From, The Evidence Bible.

Check out The Evidence Bible here -> http:///1bEnd2s
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof:

and death would surely come to everyman

And that you cannot argue about. And when that time comes would you be prepared to meet your Maker?

www.needGod.com
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by macof(m): 7:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And that you cannot argue about. And when that time comes would you be prepared to meet your Maker?

www.needGod.com
That's my greatest prayer tho. I pray to have accomplished all my missions on earth. Cause u can only be prepared to make him when u have completed all u came to do
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
macof:

That's my greatest prayer tho. I pray to have accomplished all my missions on earth. Cause u can only be prepared to make him when u have completed all u came to do

Take the test in the suggested link and get ready.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
When Jesus spoke of the new birth to Nicodemus (in John 3), he was confused by the term. Like Nicodemus, many people have no concept of what it means to be born again. He thought Jesus was speaking of a physical rebirth. Others see the experience as being a spiritual “tingle” when they think of God or a warm fuzzy feeling when they enter a building they erroneously call a “Church.” Or maybe they are of the impression that one is born again when one is “christened” or “confirmed.” However, the new birth spoken of by Jesus is absolutely essential for sinners to enter heaven. If they are not born again, they will not enter the kingdom of God.

Therefore it is necessary to establish the fact that one becomes a Christian by being born again, pointing out that Jesus Himself said that the experience was crucial. The difference between believing in Jesus and being born again is like believing in a parachute, and putting one on. The difference will be seen when you jump. (See Romans 13:14.)

How is one born again? Simply through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Confess and forsake your sins, and trust in Jesus alone for your eternal salvation. When you do, you receive spiritual life through the Holy Spirit who comes to live within you.

Watch Evolution Vs God Here -> www.evolutionvsgod.com
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2013
macof:

Read this story and see how this applies to you:

Some years ago, Southern California police carried out an interesting "sting" operation. They had a list of thousands of wanted criminals who had somehow evaded jail. Instead of risking their lives by going and attempting to arrest each one, they sent all the criminals a letter telling them they had won a large amount of money in a drawing. The police put signs and banners on a building, and placed balloons and even a clown on the outside to create a festive atmosphere to welcome the "winners." As each criminal entered the building, he heard music and celebration. He was then ushered into a room where he smiled as his hand was shaken. The facial expression changed from one of joy to unbelief as each was told, "Congratulations—you have just won time in prison!" Dozens of criminals made their way through the main doors, were arrested and ushered out the back door. It was interesting that many of these lawbreakers declared, "I thought it was a sting operation!" but their greed wouldn't let them stay away.

If you die in your sins, you will be caught in the ultimate sting and end up in God's prison, without parole.
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by macof(m): 11:57am On Oct 02, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Read this story and see how this applies to you:

Some years ago, Southern California police carried out an interesting "sting" operation. They had a list of thousands of wanted criminals who had somehow evaded jail. Instead of risking their lives by going and attempting to arrest each one, they sent all the criminals a letter telling them they had won a large amount of money in a drawing. The police put signs and banners on a building, and placed balloons and even a clown on the outside to create a festive atmosphere to welcome the "winners." As each criminal entered the building, he heard music and celebration. He was then ushered into a room where he smiled as his hand was shaken. The facial expression changed from one of joy to unbelief as each was told, "Congratulations—you have just won time in prison!" Dozens of criminals made their way through the main doors, were arrested and ushered out the back door. It was interesting that many of these lawbreakers declared, "I thought it was a sting operation!" but their greed wouldn't let them stay away.

If you die in your sins, you will be caught in the ultimate sting and end up in God's prison, without parole.
and wat exactly is ur definition of sin?
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof:

and wat exactly is ur definition of sin?

By the time you have gone through the following questions you would have arrived at what "exactly is my definition of sin".

www.needGod.com
Re: Is There A Need For The Saviour? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Both the Old and the New Testaments explain how God Himself provided our way of escape from death: "But God commends his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8 ). "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21). "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all" (Isaiah 53:5,6).

Watch Evolution Vs God -> www.evolutionvsgod.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became An Atheist! / God: The Abusive Father / Does Juju Really Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.