Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

TRANSFORMATION: Obama Explains Why He Stopped Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TRANSFORMATION: Obama Explains Why He Stopped Smoking (539 Views)

My Manhood Has Stopped Working. / Bill Gates Attests To Nigeria Transformation / Stopped Smoking? How Did You Manage It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

TRANSFORMATION: Obama Explains Why He Stopped Smoking by ganase2: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2013
US President Barack Obama said he stopped smoking out of fear of his wife.

While CNN was recording a tape, Obama was standing up after the event and asking the man next to him if he had given up smoking, but the man returned the question to him.
When the question was returned to him, Obama with a smile on his lips, said: "I haven't had a cigarette in probably six years. That's because
I'm scared of my wife."

Obama who included in his memoir 'Dreams from My Father' how he was a smoker in his youth.

In his first year in office, Obama described himself as "95 percent cured" from smoking but admitted he has occasionally "fallen off the wagon" in his efforts.

In December 2010, then White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said that Obama had not smoked for nine months and had been "stubborn" in trying to quit, despite the stress of the job.

In February 2011, First Lady Michelle Obama who is a campaigner for public health said that the president had not smoked for a year and that she was not giving him a hard time about the issue.

"When somebody's doing the right thing, you don't mess with them," she said.

Well i think love also plays a major role in this.

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/09/why-Obama-stopped-smoking.html

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Dystonia Treatmen, And Side Effect Of Baclofen / Are Nigerians In Nigeria More Organic Than The Ones In UK, USA, Etc? / Weight Loss:- Loss Weight And Belly Fat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.